Author Topic: Are we getting played...?  (Read 2994 times)

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Are we getting played...?
« on: May 12, 2010, 01:25:53 AM »
...just like all the pawns on this show? I don't know how they can possibly explain everything in such a short amount of time. Tonight's episode should have been shown to us earlier in the season to give more time to answer the multitude of questions it has created. Like crazy momma said...Each question you ask will only lead to more questions. No freaking' kidding lady.

This show might just kill me.

I will be so disappointed if we get some random ending. After seeing every single episode....some (most) more than once....chatting....reading forums....speculating for all these years...Skipping things because it's "Lost night".....(don't lie, I know I'm not the only one ;)  ) Crying over dead losties ......It would be a cheap shot to the viewers not to give us what we want.

I can't even watch a show on tv anymore like a normal person! I am always thinking too far into things...looking under every stone for clues...hints...I have to tell myself...Ok...It's The Vampire Diaries...it's Glee.... not that complicated. Lost has warped me! HAHAHA!

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Are we getting played...?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 01:29:21 AM »
I keep thinking of how BSG ended.. And it scares the frak outta me.. Anyways, in less than 2 weeks we'll know for sure.

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 01:33:13 AM »
The writers/producers are all going to be pointing and laughing at us.."You idiots wasted 6 years of your lives watching a show with no ending. Thanks for the big bucks your ratings got us....losers."  ;)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 01:35:05 AM »
I think I'll be happy with whatever ending they have as long as it isn't something like the alternate timeline become real and everyone lives happily ever after.

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 01:38:33 AM »
I just said it in another thread, but I'll repeat it here since it's relevant... Jacob's "Mom" summed up the entire LOST experience very aptly when she said (to Jacob's real mom), in effect, "Answering any question you could possibly ask will only raise more questions.  You should rest."  I think the writers were summing up the show in that one line... you folks holding out for "all the answers" are going to be disappointed.

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 01:42:33 AM »
I think I'll be happy with whatever ending they have as long as it isn't something like the alternate timeline become real and everyone lives happily ever after.

Is HEA even a possibility....Everyone is so screwed up. LOL...oh and just a side note...Matthew Fox is not aging well gang. He looked fab in that little flashback with Kate talking about adam and eve in the caves....Yes...random thought...I know.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 01:46:43 AM »

Is HEA even a possibility....Everyone is so screwed up. LOL...oh and just a side note...Matthew Fox is not aging well gang. He looked fab in that little flashback with Kate talking about adam and eve in the caves....Yes...random thought...I know.

I said to my wife, holy crap they look young there...

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 01:48:47 AM »

I said to my wife, holy crap they look young there...

RIGHT! Hahaha...and they've been on the island 20 minutes remember....lol....*sigh* I miss hot Jack.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 01:53:09 AM »

HEA is a matter of perspective...;)

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 03:32:07 AM »
I personally think the writers didn't realize the show was gonna last this long. And it kept going so they kept coming up with more storylines and now that it is actally coming to an end they can't possibly answer ALL the stories they created!! From what's been said they are going to leave some stuff up in the air and some questions unanswered. Great way to keep everybody to continue to speculate after the show is finally over!!!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »
I'm the star of the choir when it comes to getting everything answered, but even I know that not EVERYTHING is going to be answered. I think that in the next three hours they are going to cover the bigger stuff, and the minor things won't matter. Either that, or it will be a simple matter of deduction based on the bigger answers.

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 10:45:02 AM »
i'm going to wait till series end to before complaining .. but have given up on getting any scientific answers ..everything is magic now

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 10:48:37 AM »
i'm going to wait till series end to before complaining .. but have given up on getting any scientific answers ..everything is magic now

yes, I agree the island itself, ghosts, smokey- it is all magic. Widmore and Dharma were scientific people who were try to figure it all out scientifically but it is all magic, mythology, spirituality, (whatever you want to call it)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 12:56:02 PM »
i'm going to wait till series end to before complaining ..

Indeed.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 03:35:44 PM »

Desmond sinks the island and defeats MIB and everyone perishes.  But, everyone gets to return to a normal life in the ATL and, with the memories of their lost life coming back to them, they have a new appreciation for the second chance they've been given and everyone lives happily ever after.........except Maxor127, of course!  Sorry, friend, I have a bad feeling about this........ :-\