Author Topic: The temple and the light  (Read 1844 times)

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
The temple and the light
« on: May 12, 2010, 02:14:11 PM »
Just a thought, but perhaps the temple is guarding/built around the light? That would also explain why the wall was built around the temple, to keep out unwanted people.

What do you guys think?

Offline Kosmetas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: The temple and the light
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 02:19:41 PM »
yeah.... that seems logical.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 02:49:27 PM »
That's what I was thinking too.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »
It all makes sense, Jacob needs it protected, so he builds a temple+wall. I mean light, temple, the source... it all fits.  :P

Offline Xentro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 02:59:57 PM »
But the light went out didn't it, when he pushed his brother in the water ?
Maybe that's why the lighthouse was build, everyone has a little of that light in himself. Was the lighthouse there to find the one with the brightest light in himself? 

For the rest I agree ! 

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 03:05:15 PM »
It's strange to me that Jacob's Brother walked every inch of the island as wasn't able to find the Light.  He only saw it again after Jacob lead him to it.

I would say it's a good bet that the temple is at the site of the Light, and the stream is bubbling up from that.  ?
The orchid would be where Mother and MIB were at the donkey wheel.   It's possible that the Swan hatch is built upon another one of these wells, perhaps a place where they dug deep enough for the energy to have an impact which would explain all that craz-ay magnetic stuff when the hatch numbers weren't entered.

LOCKE: Oh, they weren't looking for water. They were looking for answers. A long time ago places like the one we're standing at right now made compass needles spin. And the people holding the compasses needed to know why, so they dug.

DESMOND: Did they find what they were looking for?

LOCKE: No, they didn't. The reason I wanted you to see this, Desmond, is because Charles Widmore is not interested in answers, he's only interested in power. And he brought you back to the Island so that you could help him find what he's looking for. After all, this isn't the only well.

Offline cookieshoes

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 03:35:28 PM »
Just a thought, but perhaps the temple is guarding/built around the light? That would also explain why the wall was built around the temple, to keep out unwanted people.

What do you guys think?

I agree. I think that the Egyptians were brought to the island by Jacob (maybe by using the donkey wheel, he showed up in Tunisia and brought them back with him?). They built the temple/lighthouse/statue/"Smokey" drain for him. Smokey killed all of the Egyptians off, which is why there were no Egyptians left hanging out by the statue when Jacob and MiB had their conversation on the beach at the end of Season 5.  After the Egyptians, there were probably other rounds of the same game, more visitors brought by Jacob, and all of them killed by Smokey. One of those rounds was the Black Rock crew, who were all killed off by MiB except for Richard. The next round after that was probably the British army, with Widmore and Eloise with them. After them, science caught up with the island and the Dharma people discovered it, without having been needed to be brought there by Jacob.  Dharma arrived on the island and outmatched Widmore/Richard/Jacob, as well as the MiB, with their technology. So, the Jacob crew made the wise decision to make a truce with Dharma, until Ben was able to take over Dharma, kill them all, and join the Widmore/Richard/Jacob camp.  Dharma is no more, and the others live as if they were Dharma. Ben kicks Widmore off the island, Jacob starts setting up all the Losties to arrive at the island so that they can protect him against the MiB. Meanwhile, Widmore starts setting Desmond up to get ship-wrecked on the island so that he can take it over.

Desmond's true background/role still needs to be explained, which will likely coincide with better explanations of Eloise and Widmore.

Offline Chops

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 02:24:08 PM »

Everyone has a little light in them.  Everyone wants

more of the light.  If the light goes out all will cease to exist.   It's Love...the light is Love

O.K.  Thats my theory

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »
I think the Light is at a mystical place on the Island that is masked just like the Island is masked from the outside world. Only the protector of the Island is able to find it.