Author Topic: MIB's the GOOD GUY now...  (Read 8142 times)

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
MIB's the GOOD GUY now...
« on: May 12, 2010, 01:08:50 AM »
Just like TPTB to open up a can of worms.... and us Flocke fans get to restate our case of being trapped making us lash out...
so in tonights episode we learnt that MIB was visited by his REAL mom who showed him his people and was offered the option to stay or go.. he chose GO and even invited his brother to join him.... who BEAT THE CRAP out of him and believed his crazy mom over him... he never goes back and accepts visits from jacob as he spills his plans to leave and continually invited him to leave... but jacob continues to follow the crazy woman even after its revealed his only true family is his brother....

MIB is simply trying to leave and jacob/mommy have made it THEIR destiny to keep him from doing it... involving killing/lying and manipulation....

Sorry jacob fans... but MIB is not the BAD GUY ANYMORE!  deal with ya pre emptive cheers
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:11:08 AM by ozman776 »

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: MIB's the GOOD GUY now...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 01:17:19 AM »
Maybe I saw it different, but let's try this again:

MIB is no more Jacob's brother than he is John Locke now.  All of the back story on Jacob's brother is irrelevant to MIB as we now know him and have seen him previously.  MIB is not Jacob's brother.

Am I wrong about this? 

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 01:20:32 AM »
he appears as jacobs brother in flesh form..seems to communicate as him and know jacobs rules..whatever the hell they are... and when not in smokey mode, seems to recall his earlier life as if its a normal childhood memory... so im assuming we can differenciate there being any difference from the original MIB and floke and smokey and whomevers form hes taken!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 01:23:13 AM »
And makes it hard to say that Jacob represents free will.  I've always disagreed with that argument.  I think Jacob creates the illusion of choice.  I wouldn't say MIB is good, but he's sympathetic.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 01:25:46 AM »
put any person in an IMPRISONED state of mind and some break, others find it the reason to fight back.... MIB isnt the bad guy now, its up to jacob lovers to prove they did what they did for the best...

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 01:26:14 AM »
Perhaps irrelevant was the wrong word, but whenever we have seen "Jacob's brother" since the end of this episode (S5 open, Ab Aeterno), we are seeing the smoke monster.  Just like MIB now is not John Locke, the MIB we have seen is not Jacob's brother.  He remembers Locke's past, but Locke is dead, Jacob's brother is dead.  Smokey has his own agenda - very different than Locke's agenda.

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 01:26:43 AM »
How can he be the good guy? Did you watch last weeks episode?

Jacobs brother started out with good intentions.. but the path he's taken has been far from good.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 01:30:19 AM »
im under the understanding he knows ABOUT locke... knowing he was weak and his final thoughts were WHY???... but this smoke wrecking ball is MIB to the fullest.... it went into the hole human and came out an apparition... its goal is the same going in and coming out... he's simply using lockes body (which hes stuck in) as its a familiar person to the candidates who are between him and freedom...

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 01:30:28 AM »
I guess it comes down to did the light turn MIB into Smokey and create him or did Smokey already exist down there and MIB's death somehow released him?  I'm going with MIB was turned into Smokey since his core memories and motivations and his interactions with Jacob are still the same.

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 01:31:43 AM »
MiB may have been a troubled and manipulated youth that grew into a bitter man, but that does not make him "good".  But the revelation of this episode was that MiB is DEAD, just like John Locke is dead, and he ultimately ended up as one of the bodies lying in the cave next to his mother.  Smokey inherited his memories, some of his feelings, just as we've seen with Locke.  But that "thing" is not MiB, and I don't think that "thing" is good either.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 01:32:32 AM »
How can he be the good guy? Did you watch last weeks episode?

Jacobs brother started out with good intentions.. but the path he's taken has been far from good.
I wouldn't say MIB is the good guy, but I wouldn't call him evil and Jacob is far from sympathetic.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 01:32:56 AM »
MIB alive wanted to simply leave.. smokey mib simply wants to leave...FLOKE smokey simply wants to leave....

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 01:33:51 AM »
I guess it comes down to did the light turn MIB into Smokey and create him or did Smokey already exist down there and MIB's death somehow released him?  I'm going with MIB was turned into Smokey since his core memories and motivations and his interactions with Jacob are still the same.

He wanted to get off the island as a young man, as an adult and as a dead smoke monster man, thing...

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 02:02:07 AM »
I just looked up the quotes from the first time we meet MIB when he's on the beach.

From him living with man and his observations, the comments in this first scene really make so much more sense.

MAN IN BLACK: Morning.

JACOB: Mornin'.

MAN IN BLACK: Mind if I join you?

JACOB: [Shaking his head] Please. Want some fish?

MAN IN BLACK: Thank you. I just ate.

[The Man in Black sits down not far away.]

JACOB: I take it you're here 'cause of the ship.

MAN IN BLACK: I am. How did they find the Island?

JACOB: You'll have to ask 'em when they get here.

MAN IN BLACK: I don't have to ask. You brought them here. Still trying to prove me wrong, aren't you?

JACOB: You are wrong.

MAN IN BLACK: Am I? They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.

JACOB: It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

[The Man in Black stares at his compatriot.]

MAN IN BLACK: Do you have any idea how badly I wanna kill you?

JACOB: Yes.

MAN IN BLACK: One of these days, sooner or later... I'm going to find a loophole, my friend.

JACOB: Well, when you do, I'll be right here.

MAN IN BLACK: Always nice talking to you, Jacob.

JACOB: Nice talking to you, too.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 02:07:14 AM »
so are we to assume that the NEED to KEEP mib from ever leaving the island occured AFTER he became smokey.... (which i give more acceptance to) than it seeming as thou from the day they were born both were slated to live out LONG lives on the island until another protector/candidate was found/born unto them...