Author Topic: MIB's the GOOD GUY now...  (Read 9123 times)

Offline jasond

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MIB's the GOOD GUY now...
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »
1) either Jacob killed his brother by throwing him into the light, and Smokey is not his bro, but that's impossible since Jacob can't kill Brother
That's not impossible. NOBODY can "kill" the Smoke Monster. Widmore's people were firing all kinds of bullets into him, he just walked up to them like the Terminator and killed the gunmen with ease. The only thing you can do is contain Smokie, either with the sonic fences or, in Jacob's case, with whatever means the island protector is given once he/she becomes the island's protector.

And it was never shown that Jacob couldn't kill his own brother.

Think about this for a moment: Ben killed the current island protector--Jacob--with that daggar. Jacob's brother killed the island protector at the time (his fake mom) with the same daggar. I don't think Ben was a candidate (or still a candidate) at the time he killed Jacob, so perhaps the human "MiB" was not a candidate at the time Jacob threw him into the cave...which would mean he COULD be killed by Jacob now that his "candidate" status was no longer in effect.

Good point. It's like his diplomatic immunity was just revoked, but not by Murtaugh.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 01:55:55 PM »
After this episode, I think it's hard to see things as Jacob = inherantly good, MIB = inherantly evil. However, it's more about who is doing good actions and who is doing evil actions.

If what 'Mother' said was right, in that if people try to take the Light of the Island, then they will destroy it, and therefore destroy that light that is in each individual, then it is alot like the fable of the golden goose. So just because MIB might be wrongly imprisoned, does that then justify him in killing this golden goose just so he can get out?

I think thats why MIB can be considered the 'badguy'. He will literally stop at nothing just so he can escape, and Jacob is like the protector or the prison guard, making sure the Light of the Island and in turn the Light of all Mankind remains safe.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 01:56:20 PM »
So your now saying that MIB?SMOKEY is just your way of saying smokey when he hasnt been seen this year as anyone BUT locke.... and yet whenever YOU post its YOU saying MIB is EVIL and not decyphering for everyone else that what you really mean is Smokey/locke is evil which i imagine most who are defending MIB have been pushiong back at you about.... and you call my posts undecypherable.... maybe in your mind you knew what youve been saying... but to ATTACK others for their beliefs that the PERSON MIB isnt EVIl is just plain obtuse.... maybe your righteousness to be correct stems from a deep seeded issue we dont care to want to know and now your left hanging on to the idea that you are right if you explain it all better NOW after youve alienated the masses.... try reading a bit before your rants to get a better idea of what people are saying... may help after the shows finished and you have a life outside these walls.... just my 2 cents

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 02:02:52 PM »
im under the understanding he knows ABOUT locke... knowing he was weak and his final thoughts were WHY???... but this smoke wrecking ball is MIB to the fullest.... it went into the hole human and came out an apparition... its goal is the same going in and coming out... he's simply using lockes body (which hes stuck in) as its a familiar person to the candidates who are between him and freedom...
no i think flocke definitely has lockes memories because he knew that ben had killed him

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 02:09:28 PM »
MIB is dead and died after crying over his mothers death... what smokey chooses to do with MIB's body is all smokey, none of whats left is MIB's true intentions... Jacob Killed MIB.. thats the story... what smokey chooses to say or do has nothing to do with MIB anymore... same as him talking as locke.... locke wanted to STAY.. smokey wants to rule the world across the sea...

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »
So your now saying that MIB?SMOKEY is just your way of saying smokey when he hasnt been seen this year as anyone BUT locke.... and yet whenever YOU post its YOU saying MIB is EVIL and not decyphering for everyone else that what you really mean is Smokey/locke is evil which i imagine most who are defending MIB have been pushiong back at you about.... and you call my posts undecypherable.... maybe in your mind you knew what youve been saying... but to ATTACK others for their beliefs that the PERSON MIB isnt EVIl is just plain obtuse.... maybe your righteousness to be correct stems from a deep seeded issue we dont care to want to know and now your left hanging on to the idea that you are right if you explain it all better NOW after youve alienated the masses.... try reading a bit before your rants to get a better idea of what people are saying... may help after the shows finished and you have a life outside these walls.... just my 2 cents

Alright lets try to breath here. And maybe insert some punctuation. As for other people's intentions when they were saying "MiB" I cannot attest to them, as I am not a mind reader. For the most part I assumed that everyone was on the same page with our acronyms and when Jacob said to MiB (As Locke), "So I guess you found your loophole" I assumed we all knew MiB was impersonating John Locke. Then when Locke said to Ben, " I'm sorry you had to see me that way", I assumed everyone was on board with the fact that MiB was the Smoke Monster. If in any instance of someone debating with me they felt that I was misrepresenting their idea by assuming we were talking about the Column of Black Smoke, which I put in my posts several times, They never brought it to my attention. I would have acquiesced to the fact that MiB in his original form may have not been Evil incarnate, but became that way over the course of many years due to the choices he has made.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I've alienated the masses. There is really only one person on here I have ever had a long standing gripe with, and I think we both eventually saw each other as immovable forces. The problem I had with her wasn't even really MiB being evil. It was more the MiB is NOT David Shepherd Argument that started all that off.

I think you are getting a little to wound up and losing the point of your argument. I have agreed that MiB was born good like everyone else. When he was in his late thirties or so he was pushed into the Light out of Revenge, after he killed out of Revenge, and what came out was Evil. I will not stop referring to him as MiB simply because of that though. Take a second and let that sink in because I AM AGREEING WITH YOU (stressing not yelling).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:15:52 PM by I_Am_Jacob »

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
Really all we are doing at this point is guessing. We don't know for sure what any of this is going to mean in the end. I think a lot of good points have been made. No need to take offense in others opinions or if they disagree with you. I mean I post some crazy ideas on here all the time and get torn apart, but it's all good.  ;D It's good healthy debate

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 02:15:49 PM »
not getting wound up, you had YOUR turn last week when you posted your PROOF thread.... now MIB has been killed and whats left of him is laying as an adam and eve memorial leaves the idea that MIB is EVIL a dead issue... he killed a fake woman who raised him on untruths and selfishness... left alone to follow his path of Leaving he would have entered the real world a human who can make his own mistakes... but his head was smashed against a rock, his family and friends murdered and his lifelong goal of transporting himself off the island buried ... so in a fit of rage he killed the person rersponsible... EVIL nope... VENGENT yes.. and he died feeling bad for her death...

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2010, 02:21:14 PM »
Its amazing how we take things for granted. Things like family, friends, capitalization, puncuation. Yeah I had my time last week and I got more this week too. We see that MiB started out as good, and now all the good in him has been sucked dry by the Light on the Island and has left us with only evil. MiB was forced into it by his brother, but he is nonetheless left as Evil Incarnate ;D

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2010, 02:21:25 PM »
For the most part I assumed that everyone was on the same page with our acronyms and when Jacob said to MiB (As Locke), "So I guess you found your loophole" I assumed we all knew MiB was impersonating John Locke.

In this case, your assumption was incorrect.  Some interpreted this as The Smoke impersonating John Locke, which is different than MIB impersonating John Locke. I think that is the point that Oz was making.

Also, you're really mean to everyone. Repeatedly. You, personally, are my least favorite part of the Lost experience and I dread coming across your posts on these forums each week.  You have not only offended Opie and Oz. You are mean to most of the people you respond to.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2010, 02:27:18 PM »
you post as if your wanting people to write something about MIB you can attack... and your opinion is far different from mine...
the way i see the jacob /mib relationship was much like ben and juliet... someone being kept AGAINST there will... MIb wants off... so let him go... now i was defenately under the assumption that MIB was still alive much like jacob is, all be it like the bible where man lives to be 700+ years old somehow.. i have held onto the notion that smokey is a cerebus last resort used as a security system ( once initiated by ben by uncorking)... so whatever way you spin it, MIB is NOT Smokey... just another dead body used to further its cause...

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2010, 02:35:24 PM »
For the most part I assumed that everyone was on the same page with our acronyms and when Jacob said to MiB (As Locke), "So I guess you found your loophole" I assumed we all knew MiB was impersonating John Locke.

In this case, your assumption was incorrect.  Some interpreted this as The Smoke impersonating John Locke, which is different than MIB impersonating John Locke. I think that is the point that Oz was making.

Also, you're really mean to everyone. Repeatedly. You, personally, are my least favorite part of the Lost experience and I dread coming across your posts on these forums each week.  You have not only offended Opie and Oz. You are mean to most of the people you respond to.

Yeah I know I am a jerk, but what can I say? Some people bring out the debate in me. Sorry if I offend you, but I rarely go quietly. If I disagree with someone I am going to let them know and I'll let them know why. OP and I first argued about MiB being David Shepherd which was drilled into every thread on here whether it was part of the topic or not. As for Oz, I am perfectly willing to back up why it is that I maintain that MiB is the antagonist of the show and that is all that I am doing. If you can help me find where I am "Repeatedly mean" in my responses to him BEFORE I was told to "Assume the Position" I am all ears.  Also where is it stated that I am not allowed to be offended by others and respond accordingly?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2010, 02:44:24 PM »
MIB is NOT Smokey... just another dead body used to further its cause...

MIB is Smokey though. If it is impossible for Jacob to kill his brother, then how could he have died at the cave? He didn't. I said this on another post, but I'll repeat it here, just because we see MIB's body doesn't mean MIB is dead. His life just changed forms, much like a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. The caterpillar doesn't die, it just changes form.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2010, 02:49:33 PM »
So smokey is using MIBS last Human memory... because anything new is longer his own... which is to get off the island... but Smokey is the one KILLING in masses using MIBS form...

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
So smokey is using MIBS last Human memory... because anything new is longer his own... which is to get off the island... but Smokey is the one KILLING in masses using MIBS form...

Still think Casey is on to something that Jacob cannot kill his brother. So when MiB went into the Light, the Light ripped all that was good from him like a magnet, and now all that is left is the evil.