Author Topic: Anyone else starting to get nervous  (Read 11920 times)

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Anyone else starting to get nervous
« on: May 12, 2010, 12:22:32 AM »
For the longest time we thought Ben had all the answers, turns out he was a nobody in the grand scheme of the story.

Then we thought Richard had the answers since he'd been around foooorever...nope, just a guy that was granted a wish by a magical genie.

SO, then we learn of Jacob and he must have all the answers, well ah crap if he doesn't go and get himself killed.

So tonight we then meet Jacob's "mother" and before we can get what we need out of her, boom, she gets killed...

We've only got 3.5 hours left here and I'm starting to worry and each week I start to think that while this is one my favorite shows of all time.  The first four seasons were a waste of my time as it relates to the main plot.  I love lost, but Dharma and the others where a HUGE part of this show for the longest time.  And now, they really mean nothing.

I posted on my Facebook, do you remember when Lost was a show about a plane crash and it's victims...LOL

I've started to really get ready to not get what I really want out of the final, but I'm really starting to get worried.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else starting to get nervous
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 12:25:31 AM »
I agree with you 100%. You stated this all very well.
This episode needed to give us clairity and direction towards the final. Now it is more confusing then ever.
I am very concerned that we are going to be left with a very inconclusive finish with way more questions than answers.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 12:29:45 AM »
seems like the only people cheering for the show are the ones whove looked at spoliers and told us NOT TO WORRY all will work out.... guess ill go find the spoilers now cause i cant see how you answer the ALT timeline and explain MIB's need to be kept prisoner in 2 episodes...

Lost has jumped the darhma shark tonight

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 12:32:19 AM »
I am holding out some hope that they pull it all off!!
If they don't the shark was jumped at the frozen donkey wheel. That is when it got weird.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 12:34:47 AM »
im thinking along the same lines as the author of the thread.... i jumped on this show when it was about a plane crash.... did we really need time travelling and split universes and RULES???? why lost why???

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 12:35:58 AM »
You have another episode AND a 2.5 hour movie to fill us in.  I feel like Jacob got his own episode which took him from birth until the time he was alone with The Island and the Game is afoot.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:36:14 AM »
I really want the whole Dharma involvement explained. Dharma was a focus for a long time. How do the fit into the overall story.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:36:42 AM »
I think what's really making me nervous is, the questions that got brought up before tonights episode you could kinda see how they would be brought up again to be answered.

After tonight's episode I just don't see how some of tonights questions could be answered.  Knowing where we are in the Lostie timeline, I just don't see how some of these conversations would come up.

How did the mother get there.
Was the mother making up the rules as she went?
If she didn't make them up, who told her the rules.
Was she the island's first inhabitant.
How'd she get there.
What is the light.
How did the light turn the body of a man into a mechincal sounding, soul scanning cloud of smoke?

I know we won't get all the answers, but what the island is, is kind of a big one.  They tried telling us in Ab Aterno it is was the cork to keep MIB in place.  But after tonight, I just don't see how that makes sense.  The island was special before Jacob's brother became MIB.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 12:38:36 AM »
I think what's really making me nervous is, the questions that got brought up before tonights episode you could kinda see how they would be brought up again to be answered.

After tonight's episode I just don't see how some of tonights questions could be answered.  Knowing where we are in the Lostie timeline, I just don't see how some of these conversations would come up.

How did the mother get there.
Was the mother making up the rules as she went?
If she didn't make them up, who told her the rules.
Was she the island's first inhabitant.
How'd she get there.
What is the light.
How did the light turn the body of a man into a mechincal sounding, soul scanning cloud of smoke?

I know we won't get all the answers, but what the island is, is kind of a big one.  They tried telling us in Ab Aterno it is was the cork to keep MIB in place.  But after tonight, I just don't see how that makes sense.  The island was special before Jacob's brother became MIB.
You guys a writing my thoughts way better than I am, but I agree 100% again here. Great post.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 12:40:04 AM »
dharma was what made the show seem believable... i was always under the assumption that they made smokey... jacob was a figment of bens imagination and that the island was in an underwater world accessible by sub or a minuscule window 35000 feet in the air....

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 12:41:46 AM »
I really want the whole Dharma involvement explained. Dharma was a focus for a long time. How do the fit into the overall story.

I was really hoping for that tonight...

I was thinking that we'd meet the crazy mother, see the start of the game, see how MIB was born, the temple being built, the foot statue being built...I thought we'd see Alvar Hanso or The Degroots showing up to the isand and meeting Jacob and working out some sort of agreement...I want to see the time from when Richard was "recruited" by Jacob to when other people started to arrive and "the others" came together...

But after reading this all back, does it really matter to the main story of this island is a game between two brothers?  Not really and that kinda annoys me.

I still love Lost, I think it's one of the most complex, clever shows ever.  But there better be some serious extra's on the season 6 dvd's...LOL!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 01:16:55 AM »
I'm not bothered by it.  In the end, it was interesting while it lasted.  Sometimes you need to just accept things without knowing every single detail.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 01:19:54 AM »
Ha! Jimmy Kimmel just said that he thought it was odd Lost would devote the 3rd from the last episode ever to two characters we barely know. He pointed out it was the equivalent of Seinfeld devoting a whole episode at the end of their run to the Soup Nazi.

ETA: If you can, find a clip of this. He also had a fake ad featuring Jacob and "Brother" made just for Kimmel's show.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 01:21:40 AM by CastawayCayley »

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 01:30:34 AM »
I'm not bothered by it.  In the end, it was interesting while it lasted.  Sometimes you need to just accept things without knowing every single detail.

And I hear what you're saying and I just read the questions yet to be answered post in the Season 6 main page.  For most of them in there, they're really not important, there nice to knows imo.  But if you can't explain to me how Dharma started and how it got there after it was the main part of this show for 3 seasons.  That's no small detail.

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 01:36:12 AM »
I'll just point out something you probably all noticed watching the show... Jacob's "Mom" summed up the entire LOST experience very aptly when she said (to Jacob's real mom), in effect, "Answering any question you could possibly ask will only raise more questions.  You should rest."  I think the writers were summing up the show in that one line.