Author Topic: Apparition of the real mother  (Read 1909 times)

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Apparition of the real mother
« on: May 11, 2010, 11:46:08 PM »
So how did she appear to MIB? There was no Smokey at that time so I guess she was a ghost. Does that mean the other people seen after death are also ghosts? I know MIB said he appeared as Christian to help Jack find water but what about the other times?

Also why couldn't Jacob see his real mother?

Offline jinfan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Apparition of the real mother
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:48:32 PM »
I think she was a ghost and he was "special" in that way(that he sees dead people)

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:48:51 PM »
 ???

I think this epi gave us more new questions than new answers

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:50:16 PM »
Well... if Jacob has a counterpart, does MiB have one too?  Hurley can see dead people...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:52:30 PM »
???

I agree with this completely.
If we go from what we know so far, i guess the real mom is stuck on the island and can not move on like Michael.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 02:40:43 AM »
Yeah, I think she's a "whisper" sort-of.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 02:44:26 AM »
???

To quote Jacob's fake mom when talking to Jacob's real mom: "You keep asking questions all that will lead to is more questions"...I think that was put in the show for us lol.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 09:58:36 AM »
Well, I think we need to stop expecting them to wrap everything up in a nice little bow (although, at the end where they interweaved the scenes of Jack, Kate and Locke finding Adam and Eve, I mean hell, they might as well have just showed a big check mark on the screen for that), but think about it this way. Now we know for a fact that Sometimes the dead people are ghosts, and sometimes, it's smokey. I know that doesn't really help right now, but if they don't cover this a little more by the finale close, then I'm right there with you.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 11:02:05 AM »
Well, I think we need to stop expecting them to wrap everything up in a nice little bow (although, at the end where they interweaved the scenes of Jack, Kate and Locke finding Adam and Eve, I mean hell, they might as well have just showed a big check mark on the screen for that), but think about it this way. Now we know for a fact that Sometimes the dead people are ghosts, and sometimes, it's smokey. I know that doesn't really help right now, but if they don't cover this a little more by the finale close, then I'm right there with you.

I remember something about Jack saying that the bodies based on the clothing decay had been in that cave for 50 years,

that was not shown last night.  How could JAck have been so far off,  or...  is this another example of the writers not having the story developed entirely prior to the first episode as they claim?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 12:59:52 PM »

I remember something about Jack saying that the bodies based on the clothing decay had been in that cave for 50 years,

that was not shown last night.  How could JAck have been so far off,  or...  is this another example of the writers not having the story developed entirely prior to the first episode as they claim?

Remember that time is different on the island. Apparently it moves slower than off-island.