Author Topic: wow wow wow  (Read 7289 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: wow wow wow
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 10:22:47 AM »
One thing this episode proves is that the writers had no idea who Adam and Eve would turn out to be in the end.  Remember when Jack found the two skeletons in the cave they were wearing modern clothes.  Mother and Brother didn't have modern clothing.  I'm irked by that.  It makes me feel like the ending will be lame and not very well thought out.

You might be thinking modern clothes because when Jack and folks were talking about them, Jack said that it would take 40 years or so for the clothes to degrade to that point, so we were all thinking that the bodies were only there since the 1960's or so.

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »
apart from the fact that mib just killed some losties  last week's episode ..mib is a good guy   :D

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Sweet Old Lady link=topic=10942.msg621480#msg621480 date=
One thing this episode proves is that the writers had no idea who Adam and Eve would turn out to be in the end.  Remember when Jack found the two skeletons in the cave they were wearing modern clothes.  Mother and Brother didn't have modern clothing.  I'm irked by that.  It makes me feel like the ending will be lame and not very well thought out.
LOL!! Somebody fire the continuity consultant!!! I didn't remember that the original skeletons were in modern clothing!!! I guess they were hoping nobody else noticed either!

One of the producers just did an interview and he was asked when the idea for jacob and MIB came into focus.  He answered that.....get this..... between season one and two they had to decide who the Other's were going to be, who was going to be in charge of them (Ben) and who was ultimately making the big decisions.  He said the name Jacob was brought in and it was then that they started talking about who Jacob and MIB were.  This would have been a year after we'd already seen Adam and Eve!  So much for knowing who they were from the beginning!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »

You might be thinking modern clothes because when Jack and folks were talking about them, Jack said that it would take 40 years or so for the clothes to degrade to that point, so we were all thinking that the bodies were only there since the 1960's or so.

Yes, I go along with Bob on that.  I don't think we saw enough of the clothes to get any idea as to whether they were "modern" or not.  But I do remember that statement of Jack's, and it's one of those things that, while true enough, doesn't really prove anything.  And Jack's not a textile expert anyways, not to mention a textile expert on an island where time might not really mean all that much and things don't age like they should.

I thought TPTB did an interview a long time ago where they swore that we'd know that they'd had the whole plot figured out in advance when we saw the Adam/Eve reveal?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 01:24:41 PM »
And this is far from the first time they have shown they had no idea where they were going.Big example isben. he was to be a 3 epsisode guest shot.................

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 01:26:19 PM »
apart from the fact that mib just killed some losties  last week's episode ..mib is a good guy   :D

try reqouting this as the smoke thing impersonating locke/mib/christian/yemmi etc killed losties... and youll see where people who are backing MIB as not being EVIL come from....

Offline Grinch531

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 01:29:10 PM »
Jacob's brother (Man in Black), is dead. He was good. Smoke monster came out of the light. The smoke monster is bad. The smoke monster can take forms of people, like the dead man in black. Man in Black is just one of the forms that the smoke monster takes. Man in Black was good, the smoke monster is bad. And if you think about it, Locke only says he is the smoke monster, not the man in black. That is because man in black is just like Christian Shepherd (a dead guy the smoke monster takes the form of).

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 01:34:02 PM »

I thought TPTB did an interview a long time ago where they swore that we'd know that they'd had the whole plot figured out in advance when we saw the Adam/Eve reveal?
Is that the interview where they swore up and down that there would be no time travel?

Offline Kosmetas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »
There hasn't been any time travel.... think about it.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
There hasn't been any time travel.... think about it.

Yeah SOL, there hasn't been any time travel, as long as you ignore the whole season where they were time traveling.

Offline jasond

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 01:43:18 PM »
There's nothing evil about wanting to leave an island, in my eyes.

I think the evil part is abandoning what you've been told is the right thing to do for your own desires. The good part is forsaking your own wants and doing what the right thing is. However, the only person we have telling us he's evil is Jacob. He has a little bit of a biased perspective. The dude killed his mother.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 01:45:14 PM »
So Richard giving Locke a compass in 2007 who turns around and gives the compass back to Richard in 1954 (right?) so that Richard can use it to test boy Locke is not time traveling? How about the fact they were working as Dharma people in 1977?

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 01:47:03 PM »
Everything that we learned about Jacob's brother is irrelevant.  He is not the same as MIB.  MIB is smokey. 
AGREE! AGREE! The smoke takes the form of the dead which is why it looked like MIB talking to Jacob.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »
Everything that we learned about Jacob's brother is irrelevant.  He is not the same as MIB.  MIB is smokey. 
AGREE! AGREE! The smoke takes the form of the dead which is why it looked like MIB talking to Jacob.

But as Bob has pointed out, why can't Smokie/MiB kill Jacob? It's not his brother, so it shouldn't be bound by those rules. Taken on Locke identity should have let him kill Jacob, why did he need Ben to do it? The only loophole seems to be he couldn't do it himself.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »
There's nothing evil about wanting to leave an island, in my eyes.

I think the evil part is abandoning what you've been told is the right thing to do for your own desires. The good part is forsaking your own wants and doing what the right thing is.

Why is staying on the island the "right" thing to do, though?  Just because we have the word of some crazy woman? 

SOL, yep, you're right -- it was the same interview.  Ha.   :D