Author Topic: wow wow wow  (Read 6937 times)

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
wow wow wow
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:30:37 PM »
so its up to Jacob and crazy mother sitting on beach and crazy mother tells Jacob about killing his mom

I must say, I'm starting to root for MIB
MIB may not actually be evil after all :)

and this may be the best episode ever

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: wow wow wow
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:14:54 PM »
There's nothing evil about wanting to leave an island, in my eyes.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:15:07 PM »
Told you MiB is just misunderstood. I really didn't like the light thing, I know it's a metaphor for life and all but they showed a literal well of light.

Offline relient k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:16:59 PM »
I have to agree with that one, I was expecting something a little more spectacular.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:21:22 PM »
I was a little underwhelmed with the big smokey reveal.  But, I think it also did make sense.

One question I had: Was Jacob lying on the branch (when Jacob found him) because he turned from smoke back into human form in mid-air and fell on it in that awkward position? 

I really LOVED the relationship between Jacob and MiB in this episode.  It made me wonder if they can't just "hug it out" now.  Although I guess it's too late since MiB has already killed Jacob. :P

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 11:25:11 PM »
That was MiBs dead body that got spit out of the Spring of Light™ and was found by Jack and Kate. Smokey came out of the opening.

Offline DharmaCakes

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »
LAME! Bleh! I thought this episode was boring. I don't even care about the "answers". Could there have been maybe just a little more violin music?? ::)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:14:15 AM »
I had the exact opposite reaction to this ep

Wow Wow Wow,

not really how about
Boo Boo Boo

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 12:58:07 AM »
I thought it was a good episode with interesting reveals.  I only wish we had more of these kinds of episodes instead of the sideways stuff.  And like I predicted, this episode showed that MIB isn't all evil and Jacob isn't all good.  The light stuff seemed lame at first, but I'll go with it.  I especially liked the connection to the donkey wheel, and it makes me think back to when Ben and Locke used the wheel and golden light shined from it........ and brought you to the middle of the desert in Tunisia...

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 01:03:15 AM »
Everything that we learned about Jacob's brother is irrelevant.  He is not the same as MIB.  MIB is smokey. 

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 01:08:23 AM »
Everything that we learned about Jacob's brother is irrelevant.  He is not the same as MIB.  MIB is smokey. 

I disagree, i can't recall now what MIB said to Jacob when describing the people he was living with.  I do remember, sneaky, evil and manipulative.

That totally sounds like Flocke to me, that's where he learned to get people to do what he wants.  Just like he's doing to the Lostie's now.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 02:10:50 AM »
This episode was fabulous! Only problem is, it should have been episode #4-#5 of the Sixth Season . Cutting all the ALT crap (I know it will play out, but really, do we need to waste 20 minutes each episode), making freaking Jin and Sun and Jack & Claire meet in episode 2, cutting the whole Temple crap, reducing running through the jungle, random shooting time, putting Dharma into the mix (would it have really been that hard to mention the Valenzetti equation in a one minute conversation?) and advancing the story with enough interactions to still make it character-centric, but all happening on the island, keeping Widmore but making him speak, that would have been nice. But since this is not the case, let's just hope that in the following 3,5 hours there will be no more new characters introduced, no more divide et impera, no more JaterSkaterSuliet moments, but just some pure advancement of the plot with enough mythology to fix all the shallow ALT stuff.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 03:07:52 AM »
One thing this episode proves is that the writers had no idea who Adam and Eve would turn out to be in the end.  Remember when Jack found the two skeletons in the cave they were wearing modern clothes.  Mother and Brother didn't have modern clothing.  I'm irked by that.  It makes me feel like the ending will be lame and not very well thought out.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 03:14:27 AM »
Quote from: Sweet Old Lady link=topic=10942.msg621480#msg621480 date=
One thing this episode proves is that the writers had no idea who Adam and Eve would turn out to be in the end.  Remember when Jack found the two skeletons in the cave they were wearing modern clothes.  Mother and Brother didn't have modern clothing.  I'm irked by that.  It makes me feel like the ending will be lame and not very well thought out.
LOL!! Somebody fire the continuity consultant!!! I didn't remember that the original skeletons were in modern clothing!!! I guess they were hoping nobody else noticed either!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 03:25:20 AM »
Looking at the Lostpedia screenshot of Adam and Eve, it doesn't look like they're wearing modern clothes to me.  I see the tattered remains of something on one body that could either be a dark shirt or lots of leaves.