Poll

Please give "Across The Sea" a rating and tell us what you thought of the episode in the comments.

4 (14.8%)
3 (11.1%)
3 (11.1%)
2 (7.4%)
5 (18.5%)
6 (22.2%)
1 (3.7%)
2 (7.4%)
0 (0%)
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Episode 6x15 Rating  (Read 6946 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Episode 6x15 Rating
« on: May 11, 2010, 07:39:18 PM »
Please rate the episode and then discuss why you felt the way you did.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x15 Rating
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:15:14 PM »
I gave it a 5. I have more questions than I got answers.
No Jack, no Sawyer, no Kate, no Hugo, no Ben. Too confusing. I could have skipped this episode and read a recap.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:34:57 PM »
I gave it a 6 as I feel I got more questions than answers. There are only 3 hours left of this show and I expected a lot more from this episode.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 12:07:13 AM »
Right now I give it a 3. Might be my lowest ever. Will watch it again before I give concrete rating. The whole time I was thinking WTF is this. Answers given and raising 6 more question at the same time. 3rd last ep ever and we get this wandering non commited episode. I was very disappointed in the episode. Still have no idea about what they are doing now in the story. How did Jacob come about bringing these people, when did the rules come in to play, what would happen if the candidates leave. I don't know, just did not give me the clairity I was looking for.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 12:18:31 AM »
I give it a 9 because the WTF factor was so high that I stared at the TV screen for a full minute after the show was over, completely dumbfounded. I haven't done that since Season 3.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 12:21:24 AM »
I give it a 9 because the WTF factor was so high that I stared at the TV screen for a full minute after the show was over, completely dumbfounded. I haven't done that since Season 3.
Why is this a good thing at this time. 3.5 hours left and you are happy with not knowing what is going on?? To late in the series for a key episode to end with a big WTF.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:32:16 AM »
gave it a 1 cause i cant find the ZERO option

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 12:33:02 AM »
A point or two for the adam and eve answer?

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 12:42:13 AM »
adam/eve lost points cause now it seems incestuous

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 06:29:38 AM »
adam/eve lost points cause now it seems incestuous

She wasn't their real mother, so it's just semi-incestuous.
Also didn't Jack say the bodies had been there like 50 years? I mean, I assume they were Romans. Spoke Latin and all. We're talking over a thousand years, maybe 2 thousand. That's a little more than 50. So because they were special, they didn't decay at the same rate?
The more I think about this episode, the more I wish I could change my vote and go to a three.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »
wow, y'all didn't like it?  i gave it a 10, i loved it.  back to island history, adam & eve answer, how smokey became smokey answer.  loved it. 

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
I gave it a 5, which is probably as low as I have rated an episode. It would have rated probably a 7 or 8 if it was earlier in the season, but I'm frustrated that we have one more episode before the season finale and we don't have a clue about...

Why the Smoke can't leave the island, and what has to happen to let it go.
What would happen if the Smoke got off the island.
Why the Smoke takes human form at all, and why it makes mechanical noises and is averse to electromagnetism.
Why the Smoke Monster has to abide by the same rules about not harming Jacob that applied to Brother, who is lying dead and slowly decomposing in a cave.
Why Jacob could be killed by Ben...was or wasn't he made immortal by Fake Mom.
Who is Fake Mom, and why is she so powerful. Is she a witch? A God or demigod? Is she as evil as she appeared to be or just nuts from having to guard this wacky island with its all powerful light source?
Who finished the Donkey Wheel.
The statue of Taweret, the Temple, and the hieroglyphs in the tunnels.
How and why are people drawn to the island before Jacob became the protector of the island/light.
Why the Candidates? Jacob didn't appear to even understand why he had to protect the island. Why is he looking for a replacement? Did he know he would die? Does dying allow him to leave his post as protector, which he didn't want in the first place? If so, why did he want to prove to the Smoke that mankind isn't inherently corruptible?
What does "it only ends once" refer to?
Most importantly, why Jack doesn't have the same haircut on Oceanic Flight 815 version 2 as he did on Oceanic Flight 815, version 1.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 01:18:21 PM »
I gave it a six as feeling kind, but as Kurtis and Juggy said too many questions left with only two episodes to go. Kurtis made a great list and I would add why did Jacob stop aging? Was it because Jacob drank the wine? Obviously crazy Mom (loved that Allison Janney from The West Wing and of late In Plain Sight was cast),so if immortal like his "mom" seemed to be as she was so grateful when MIb killed her, he fall sinott his weird rule of a lophole, we still don't knoww aht that is.
So when his brother comes to visit him, he is really smokey taking the shape of hs brother dumb, when MIB saw his  real Mom was that Smokey? So when Hurely sees jacob is that Smokey?
So how did jacob learn about the mysteries of the island, how did he know about the temples, when were the temples and the statues built? Who brought Dharma, who decided to slaughter Dharma?  Who was trapped in Jacob's cabin, why didn't Ilana go to the temple first as the answer to the riddle was Jacob. How do you trap a smoke monster?
My head is swimming with all these questions and I think I know they will not be answered by May 23rd. Soprano type ending being more and more expected.
it was a huge wtf episode

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 02:03:36 PM »
I don't really know what to rate it. I usually wait and see if there is good debate going on in the threads and there is for this one. I have to agree with Juggy though, and add I think this episode could have been thrown in at any point in the series(just what I think, don't shoot me). So I am torn for a rating...not a 1 because I was entertained but not a 10 because it didn't blow me away.

I ended up giving it a 5. Right down the middle.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 11:55:40 AM by Suzanne4Au2 »

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 02:22:16 PM »
I gave it a 3.  Awkward script, poor acting.  Mom & the two kids were horribly acted, IMHO.  Adult Jacob and MiB not much better but I think the script bordered on absurd, so I can't blame any of them.

But this was an episode that was supposed to give answers.  It fell flat on its face.  All the answers, in true Lost fashion, only raised more questions or just didn't really answer the issue satisfactorily.  And the whole "in your face, doubters!" Adam and Eve flashback was unnecessary and hooky.