Author Topic: MIB's real name is  (Read 14057 times)

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: MIB's real name is
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »
he's the man in black. His name????

Johnny Cash   ;)

Ahhh!!!  Nice!  :)

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2010, 12:48:35 PM »
I can understand that Claudia had only picked out one name because she probably hadn't had a sonogram machine handy and wasn't expecting twins.....And I can understand that she didn't get a chance to pick a second name what with getting her skull bashed in moments later and all......BUT, wouldn't the crazy lady from the West Wing make something up to go along with her whole story?  She obviously knows how to tell a lie, right?  And if he did have a name and they just aren't giving it to us, that's pretty ridiculous, too.

I'm sure he was given a name; we just haven't heard it and we probably never will. (Unless the finale has some sort of reconciliation scene between MIB and Jacob and they hug and Jacob says, "______, I love you brother."

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »
David

Offline Abaddons Key

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »
Is it a spoiler to post a rumour that gives away NO information?  I only ask because I read somewhere that we will get the MIB's backstory but we will never actually learn his name.  I can't imagine why they would do this, but I guess we'll see for ourselves in a few hours!

MIB's name is not important,  I've posted this in a couple thread's now but the MIB that we know is not a person and never was.  It is a pillar of black smoke that can take the form of the dead and Jacob's brother was the first it claimed.  It would be interesting to find out what Jacob's brother's name was, but not necessary.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
David

So seeing him actually be born hundreds if not thousands of years ago didn't alter your theory that Jack is MIB's dad?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2010, 03:23:28 PM »
David

So seeing him actually be born hundreds if not thousands of years ago didn't alter your theory that Jack is MIB's dad?

HAHA. I think She is kidding here. At least I hope so.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2010, 03:29:25 PM »
...or Mib.

MiB: Hey Jacob!

Jacob: Hey Mib.

;D  LOL!  This is really funny.  I kept waiting for this last night, especially when they were playing Senet and teenaged-MIB said "Do you want to play, Jacob?" and I was just sure Jacob was going to say "Yes, Mib, I'd love to."   :D

Offline sobrien

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2010, 03:34:59 PM »
I can understand that Claudia had only picked out one name because she probably hadn't had a sonogram machine handy and wasn't expecting twins.....And I can understand that she didn't get a chance to pick a second name what with getting her skull bashed in moments later and all......BUT, wouldn't the crazy lady from the West Wing make something up to go along with her whole story?  She obviously knows how to tell a lie, right?  And if he did have a name and they just aren't giving it to us, that's pretty ridiculous, too.

OK, on the topic of no names and names:  Mom gets a name, Claudia, and Fake mom doesn't, but real mom is the name of Fake Mom's character on another show (West Wing).  Surely that was a deliberate egg for the Sorkin fans out there.  If she didn't need a name, MIB didn't either.  Anyway, there were only three of them, naming isn't that important:  Mom, Jacob, and Brother.  I'm sure there was not risk confusing each other in that confine.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2010, 04:24:08 PM »
So my theory of the moment is that Mother is some kind of deity. She doesn't have a name. She told them that she made it so they would never know death, so somehow she bestowed them with immortality (??). So maybe in her "family" NOT having a name is a sign of something, and because Jacob has a name he feels like a second-class citizen?? OMG, I am reaching here but my wee little brain needs something to wrap around. I actually, truly hope I am wrong and it's a better explanation that that.

I love this. I'm not buying the deity thing 100%, but that she thinks of a lack of name as having a significance. Like, she never had a name, then pregnant lady shows up and has 2 kids, but coincidentally only gives a name to one of them.  If you were that crazy nameless lady, maybe you'd see a meaning in this, and decide that the nameless boy was supposed to be your replacement.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »
David

No.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2010, 04:39:04 PM »
But the kid who played young-MIB last night wasn't the same kid who played David, was it?  And weren't they of about the same age?  I don't know... what does the cast list say?  Seems like if MIB was David (or vice-versa) that now that we've seen a young version of MIB, he would be played by the same actor.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »
David

No.

So, Jack goes back in time to impregnate an ancient Roman woman who has kids on the Island. Even better...in the alt timeline, he goes back in time, impregnates an ancient Roman woman, then brings her back through time to give birth and live in modern times, then both Jack and Claudia get hit in the head and get amnesia and forget all about his ability to travel through time?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2010, 04:59:24 PM »
David

No.

So, Jack goes back in time to impregnate an ancient Roman woman who has kids on the Island. Even better...in the alt timeline, he goes back in time, impregnates an ancient Roman woman, then brings her back through time to give birth and live in modern times, then both Jack and Claudia get hit in the head and get amnesia and forget all about his ability to travel through time?

No no you've got it wrong. I am sure David goes back in time and exists as a spectre on the island totally invisible to all until Claudia shows up. She was only supposed to have 1 child, but the Spectre manifests itself in her womb and is born. In a matter of hours. Got it.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2010, 06:36:04 PM »

Of course he had a name.  They just didn't tell us what it was.  And if you've ever had a child you know that people usually have a list of names they are considering before their child is born.  I had about four or five names for my son before I narrowed it down to one.  If I had unexpectedly had twins I would have just given him whatever name had been my second choice.  It's weird that she only had one name in mind, not impossible, but weird.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2010, 07:29:42 PM »
I don't think he actually had a name. I'm not sure if Mother is actually human. She appears to have no name, so she probably didn't feel MIB should have one. If it was for her, even Jacob would probably not have a name, but she owned the real mother at least that.

P.S. What is the latin form of "Jacob"? Because that's Jacob's actual name.