Author Topic: MIB's real name is  (Read 14056 times)

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
MIB's real name is
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:07:03 PM »
Bill

if I'm wrong then I promise not to post here next season

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
MIB's real name is
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 10:07:55 PM »
huh, this posted twice and i can't delete it
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:23:09 PM by jamesl »

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: MIB's real name is
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 10:42:10 PM »

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 11:06:50 PM »
Well, that's a rather strange name...

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 09:54:30 AM »
Is it a spoiler to post a rumour that gives away NO information?  I only ask because I read somewhere that we will get the MIB's backstory but we will never actually learn his name.  I can't imagine why they would do this, but I guess we'll see for ourselves in a few hours!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 10:43:17 AM »
I have been theorizing we won't learn his name at all. The story will consist entirely of people that know him and therefore probably do not need to adress him specifically by name. I think what is more important is that he is going to become possessed at some point by the black smoke and will be the next step in The Black Smoke trying to escpae the Island.

Offline Grinch531

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 11:23:44 AM »
adam

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 12:41:31 PM »
I say MiB's name is Catbert. 

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 12:53:40 PM »
I will be disappointed if we don't learn his name.  He needs a name, even if it is someone we don't know.  I think it would just really bug me if the show ends without ever revealing his name.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »
I will be disappointed if we don't learn his name.  He needs a name, even if it is someone we don't know.  I think it would just really bug me if the show ends without ever revealing his name.

Why? The MiB may just turn out to be a vessel for the Smoke Monster to use to get Jacob to let him free. MiB could be named Steve. If they say his name is Steve then people would theorize that MiB was Scott's brother from Season 1. The reveal of it to be someone we don't know would cheapen the speculation of all those people that think it is Aaron or whatever. MiB is MiB. His name is insignificant compared to his relationship to Jacob and the Smoke Monster.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 01:11:47 PM »
I don't care if they tell us what his name is/was or not.  I agree he is now the smoke monster, so whoever it was that looked like the MIB before is gone, just as Locke is dead and gone and the current Flocke is a different entity completely.  He may retain some of Locke's memories and mannerisms, but it's not him.

What I need to know is this: 
What is the smoke monster? 
Where did it originate?
How did it come to take the form of the MIB?
What is the relationship/struggle between IT and Jacob? (I believe I already know the relationship between MIB and Jacob, which is different).

Oh, yeah, and what is the Hurley Bird?  ??? ;D

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 01:30:11 PM »
I don't care if they tell us what his name is/was or not.  I agree he is now the smoke monster, so whoever it was that looked like the MIB before is gone, just as Locke is dead and gone and the current Flocke is a different entity completely.  He may retain some of Locke's memories and mannerisms, but it's not him.

What I need to know is this: 
What is the smoke monster? 
Where did it originate?
How did it come to take the form of the MIB?
What is the relationship/struggle between IT and Jacob? (I believe I already know the relationship between MIB and Jacob, which is different).

Oh, yeah, and what is the Hurley Bird?  ??? ;D

Yeah hopefully THESE are the questions they answer when all is said and done. I think these are the things that our story rests itself on.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »
Huh. 

That's his name.

Makes sense to me. It kind of describes him.  You look at him and go "Huh?" and he says, "Yes, can I help you?"

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 02:01:27 PM »
I kinda like " the man in black".

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 03:54:57 PM »

Why? The MiB may just turn out to be a vessel for the Smoke Monster to use to get Jacob to let him free. MiB could be named Steve. If they say his name is Steve then people would theorize that MiB was Scott's brother from Season 1. The reveal of it to be someone we don't know would cheapen the speculation of all those people that think it is Aaron or whatever. MiB is MiB. His name is insignificant compared to his relationship to Jacob and the Smoke Monster.

Ok well I guess we don't need to know his name.  I think it would just be really cool if it is revealed that it is someone we know that will leave us with our mouths hanging open, but I'm afraid that you will all be right and he will just end up being nameless.  I just really want a jaw dropping reveal but don't think I'm going to get it.