Author Topic: MIB's real name is  (Read 10897 times)

Offline PMMJ

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MIB's real name is
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
I kinda like " the man in black".

I've been using the Adversary in my personal write-ups.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 01:52:06 AM »
Awesome he really is TMWNN....even his mom didn't have a name for him...

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 02:19:51 AM »
In the PC game Planescape:Torment the main character is called "The Nameless One", but that's because he has amnesia because of constantly dying and being ressurected.
Jacob's brother, on the other hand was just a normal boy, until Jacob Smokyfied him. So he had to have had a name. It just seems like there is no reason for him not being named, just another artificial mystery.

I like "dude" very much, but I also like Murray.
"Can I call you Bob?"
"NO! YOU MAY CALL ME MURRAY, harvester of souls..." (quoting from memory from Monkey Island, since Lost does seem to be about the same island)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 02:29:19 AM »
Or he just called him Brother.  Which makes me think of Brotha.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 02:30:16 AM »
It's JB!!!! Jacobs Brotha...

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 02:47:24 AM »
I say MiB's name is Catbert. 
haha  ;D

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 02:52:56 AM »
"I only picked 1 name."

You only picked 1 name? YOU ONLY PICKED 1 NAME?? Are you kidding me?!?!?!

You know what? Fine. I give up. I don't give a crap what his name is anymore. If they havn't told us after this, then they are NEVER going to tell us.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 04:10:50 AM »
For a moment, I thought it was "Milo".

The (nameless) "mother" said, "MILO, you need to know this."  (Really, though, she just said, "My love, ...")

------

Yeah.  It was absolutely absurd to make such a big deal about not telling us his name, and then never do it at all.  Misdirection just for the sake of annoying the audience.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 08:48:16 AM »
I'm sure his name is Brother.  That's what Jacob called him.  A name is what you're called, right?  The blond boy was addressed as Jacob and the dark-haired boy was addressed as Brother.  I'm happy with that.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 08:50:40 AM »
RM, someone here at work said Milo too, but I think it was my love. I went with brother because she only thought there was one baby so she only picked out one name and that was Jacob. MIB has no name

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2010, 09:45:10 AM »
"I only picked 1 name."

You only picked 1 name? YOU ONLY PICKED 1 NAME?? Are you kidding me?!?!?!

You know what? Fine. I give up. I don't give a crap what his name is anymore. If they havn't told us after this, then they are NEVER going to tell us.
My thoughts exactly!

Another thing that bugged me was that  Jacob kept saying Brother was Mother's favorite but I saw no outward or obvious examples of favoritism (but I only watched it once so maybe I missed something). So my theory of the moment is that Mother is some kind of deity. She doesn't have a name. She told them that she made it so they would never know death, so somehow she bestowed them with immortality (??). So maybe in her "family" NOT having a name is a sign of something, and because Jacob has a name he feels like a second-class citizen?? OMG, I am reaching here but my wee little brain needs something to wrap around. I actually, truly hope I am wrong and it's a better explanation that that.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010, 10:24:43 AM »
I don't care if they tell us what his name is/was or not.  I agree he is now the smoke monster, so whoever it was that looked like the MIB before is gone, just as Locke is dead and gone and the current Flocke is a different entity completely.  He may retain some of Locke's memories and mannerisms, but it's not him.

What I need to know is this: 
What is the smoke monster? 
Where did it originate?
How did it come to take the form of the MIB?
What is the relationship/struggle between IT and Jacob? (I believe I already know the relationship between MIB and Jacob, which is different).

Oh, yeah, and what is the Hurley Bird?  ??? ;D

well, I don't know how they did it, but they answered all of my questions (except the bird!) and still left me disappointed.  Am I the only one who found this episode to be really cheesy?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:31:14 AM by lostfan777 »

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2010, 10:26:14 AM »
I kinda like " the man in black".

Good thing you like that name, 'cause that's all we're getting, it seems!   :D

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
I can understand that Claudia had only picked out one name because she probably hadn't had a sonogram machine handy and wasn't expecting twins.....And I can understand that she didn't get a chance to pick a second name what with getting her skull bashed in moments later and all......BUT, wouldn't the crazy lady from the West Wing make something up to go along with her whole story?  She obviously knows how to tell a lie, right?  And if he did have a name and they just aren't giving it to us, that's pretty ridiculous, too.

Offline karatemama

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2010, 11:39:05 AM »
he's the man in black. His name????

Johnny Cash   ;)