Author Topic: What are the questions we want answered once and for all?  (Read 9499 times)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What are the questions we want answered once and for all?
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »
Anyway, perhaps the looping nature of the Horace/Cabin dream (and the Boone dream back in season 1 - Teresa falls up the stairs, Teresa falls down the stairs) is just an effect of this metaphysical looping...

Interesting thought.  I forgot all about that "Teresa falls up the stairs, Teresa falls down the stairs" thing.  That was totally weird, too.  It was almost like he was watching a tape that someone kept stopping, reversing, and then playing again;  then stopping it, reversing it, and playing it again.  Strange.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2010, 04:59:54 PM »
11.  If MIB/Smokey could manifest by using the form of dead bodies, why did he have to stop using his own MIB body and require the use of John Locke's?  Apparently he didn't use the actual body, because we saw Locke's "real" body buried in a grave while UnLocke was still running around looking like Locke.  So it can't be an issue of "well-the-body-was-in-really-bad-condition-after-a-thousand-years."

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »
11.  If MIB/Smokey could manifest by using the form of dead bodies, why did he have to stop using his own MIB body and require the use of John Locke's?  Apparently he didn't use the actual body, because we saw Locke's "real" body buried in a grave while UnLocke was still running around looking like Locke.  So it can't be an issue of "well-the-body-was-in-really-bad-condition-after-a-thousand-years."

Good Question! Stumped me for a bit and then I remembered he used John Locke's body because he needed everyone to believe he was John Locke so they would do what they say.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »
That could be.  And then by the time everyone realized that he wasn't really John Locke at all, then it would've been kinda pointless (from the writers' perspective) to all of a sudden switch him back to Titus Welliver instead of Terry O'Quinn, I guess.  Still, if I were MIB/Smokey, I think I'd like my own body back.  But, maybe he was sick of looking at that same face in the washbasin for over a thousand years.   ;D

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2010, 12:40:18 AM »
Well Illana said he was stuck that way after Jacob died. But yeah, I think the "real" reason was to have to be Terry O'Quinn.