Author Topic: What are the questions we want answered once and for all?  (Read 9497 times)

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What are the questions we want answered once and for all?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 12:44:35 PM »
Another question I'm hoping the answer - who shot at our merry band during the timeflash from the other outrigger?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 12:49:38 PM »
Yeah I was thinking there may be a chance we get that answer this week. Maybe it would be Jacob and MiB in the rigger, but then I remembered. I think they have been there (MiB/Jacob) since before Gunpowder and guns were around and therefore their gunfire would be impossible.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 12:52:46 PM »
*Why is it that Hurley can see and communicate with all these dead people?
*Did Hurley's friend Dave really exist? Was he a ghost or part of Hurley's psychosis?
*Why was Libby in the mental hospital? I mean, I know they explained it in the ATL that "she didn't have a grasp on reality." but 
  apparently she'd been in the mental hospital before all this ATL happened. Remember, she was sitting camatose in the mental ward and
  her hair was dark brown? I believe it was the same episode as the "Dave" episode?

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 04:29:18 PM »
Some of these questions really don't need to be answered IMO. And some already have.

Are many people still hung up on the Hurley bird? I've got an answer for you... it was a bird. Or, if you need more than that it was a bird whos call sounded suspiciously like "Hurley". If you're gonna get hung up on that you might as well ask who was the boar harassing Sawyer. Who built the DHARMA station known as The Lampost? Oh, I dunno... maybe DHARMA? Who is Brother Campbell? A monk. Who is the economist? I don't even know what you're talking about there. What lies in the shadow of the statue? Is just a code phrase used by Jacob and Illana to identify Richard. There is nothing that literally "lies in the shadow of the statue".

The only detail I would like to know is who are Adam and Eve. And maybe who was shooting at them in the other outrigger but I really don't care about that too much. Its like a buddy of mine always says "If they don't explain the food drops I'm going to be real upset." Why? Does it take anything away from the show not having that explained? I don't think so.

I hope you all don't think I'm attacking here, I just wanted to make it clear that IMO we shouldn't be too upset if we don't get any answers to these types of questions.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 04:40:47 PM »
Some of these questions really don't need to be answered IMO. And some already have.

Are many people still hung up on the Hurley bird? I've got an answer for you... it was a bird. Or, if you need more than that it was a bird whos call sounded suspiciously like "Hurley".

I wouldn't say I'm hung up on the Hurley Bird thing. However, it seemed so gratutious at the time that I thought there must be a bigger reason behind it. It's not something thats going to make or break the show for me by any stretch of the imagination, it's just more of a curiousity at this point. I'll be disappointed if it is never mentioned again, but not heartbroken.

As for the food drops, I kinda feel like they were already explained by the time distortions around the Island shown with Daniel's rocket experiment. Theoretically, the food could have been dropped in the '70's but been warped in time and only arrived now. If it is never mentioned again, thats the explaination I'll go with.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »

Are many people still hung up on the Hurley bird? I've got an answer for you... it was a bird. Or, if you need more than that it was a bird whos call sounded suspiciously like "Hurley".

I wouldn't say I'm hung up on the Hurley Bird thing. However, it seemed so gratutious at the time that I thought there must be a bigger reason behind it. It's not something thats going to make or break the show for me by any stretch of the imagination, it's just more of a curiousity at this point. I'll be disappointed if it is never mentioned again, but not heartbroken.

As for the food drops, I kinda feel like they were already explained by the time distortions around the Island shown with Daniel's rocket experiment. Theoretically, the food could have been dropped in the '70's but been warped in time and only arrived now. If it is never mentioned again, thats the explaination I'll go with.

My god. I never even thought of that. Makes perfect sense. Flogging self now....I should be more on top of things. D'OH!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 05:01:14 PM »
Well said Griz. That's why you have your own thread. I was reading through my old posts today and stumbled across Princess Leia saying I started very response with the words "I Hate." She said I should have my own thread about how I hate everything. Never came through though. I most certainly do not hate that post.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 05:10:40 PM »
Well said Griz. That's why you have your own thread. I was reading through my old posts today and stumbled across Princess Leia saying I started very response with the words "I Hate." She said I should have my own thread about how I hate everything. Never came through though. I most certainly do not hate that post.
Well according to Bob you live in a whole other world of "pissed off" LOL. Maybe that should be your thread name. "I_Am_Jacob's whole other world of pissed off" :D

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 05:26:16 PM »
Well according to Bob you live in a whole other world of "pissed off" LOL. Maybe that should be your thread name. "I_Am_Jacob's whole other world of pissed off" :D

HAHAHA. Yeah I think that was a reference to RM a bit back, I do hate a lot of things though. haha

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 10:54:11 PM »
Another burning question that will probably never be answered: What the hell happened to Jack's chest hair?

Season 1 and 2, there it is, all manly and curly and dark. But then suddenly, he's gone all Brazilian. WTF? Damon and Carleton! You showed us where the inhaler was...now I beg you, lead us to Jack's missing chest hair!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 11:50:43 PM »
I would like to know about the back story of Jacob and his brother, because tonight's ep sure didn't answer enough of them

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 12:54:35 AM »
I would like to know, who recorded the numbers and broadcast them from the island.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 04:34:45 AM »
I would like to know about the back story of Jacob and his brother, because tonight's ep sure didn't answer enough of them

Um, like what do you want to know? How did they get to the Island? Who raised them? How are they related? How did MIB become Smokey? How Jacob got his job? What is MIB's goal, and why?

Because we kinda got all those answers

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 08:09:24 AM »

Um, like what do you want to know? How did they get to the Island? Who raised them? How are they related? How did MIB become Smokey? How Jacob got his job? What is MIB's goal, and why?

We did get those answers but we didn't get:

1. What is this game they are playing?
2. What are the rules?
3. Why does Jacob believe that MIB getting off the island will destroy the world?
4. Why does a guy (Jacob) who lived with his mother and had no other human interactions all of his life want to bring people to the island to prove to MIB people are good?? His mother always told him the opposite...

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 11:06:10 AM »

We did get those answers but we didn't get:

1. What is this game they are playing?
2. What are the rules?
3. Why does Jacob believe that MIB getting off the island will destroy the world?
4. Why does a guy (Jacob) who lived with his mother and had no other human interactions all of his life want to bring people to the island to prove to MIB people are good?? His mother always told him the opposite...

As far as the first three go I think we are going to need to use some critical thinking for the rules. Kind of figure them out for ourselves a bit so the show doesn't go all Matrix 2 on us. We still have three hours of show for an exclamitory exchange between MiB and one of the Losties to give us maybe a quick fill in to steer us in the right direction. I also think that Jacob has a little more understanding that he has gained in the years between bashing his brother's head on a rock, and where we see him now. He may have found out that the monster inhabiting his brother is not his brother's soul at all. He may have found out that the "Light" was not everything good in the world like his mother said. She did Lie ALOT. He may just think that a power that great should be contained and not be allowed to wreak havoc on the very beings it seems to dislike.

The last point there I like alot. I want to know what knowledge was gained in the years between that led him to believe that people were inherently good. It may have been knowledge he gained from watching people their whole lives. That may be the cosmic game he is playing. He has doomed his own brother, and now is in an endless struggle to prove to him that people are NOT all inherently bad.