Author Topic: What are the questions we want answered once and for all?  (Read 9498 times)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
What are the questions we want answered once and for all?
« on: May 10, 2010, 03:02:14 PM »
Let's make a list and keep adding...  Other than the obvious one of what the heck are Jacob and MIB playing at...

1.  Who are/were Adam and Eve?
2.  What was the Hurley-bird?
3.  What was up with the whole fertility problem on the island?
4.  Who built the Tawaret statue and why?
5.  What is up with Vincent?
6.  Was Christian always MIB or was he sometimes Jacob?  (white/black shoes...)
7.  Was alt-Anthony Cooper the con man who caused the death of Sawyer's parents?
8.  What does Widmore want?  What does Eleanor Hawking want?

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What are the questions we want answered once and for all?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 03:35:21 PM »
-Why can't women have babies (they could in the 70's)?
-Who the heck is still dropping Dharma food on the island?
-Why was Kate taken off the candidate list?
-Who was in the shack who said "Help Me" to Locke? If it was Jacob, then why did he say Help Me????
-Why did Smokie kill some people, but not others? Why did it not kill Eko once, but then later it did kill him? Why did it kill the pilot but not the mercenaries (Keamey) from the freighter?
-Why were these particular individuals chosen to be “candidates?”
-How much does Pennie really know?
-Is Charles Widmore bad or good? What is his agenda...really?

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 03:41:21 PM »
I was gonna ask that question about Jacob and the cabin too, but thought maybe it had been answered already. 

That bugs me that he seemed to look like this old guy in the sillouette when we got a flash of him, and that he wanted help? But then next time we see him he's running amok. I don't get that!

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 03:57:57 PM »
9  . Who killed and buried Henry Gale?
10. Where did the Dharmafood come from?
11. What does Juliet's burnmark mean?
12. Who is brother Campbell?
13. Who asks for help in the cabin?
14. Who is the economist?
15. What are the rules?
16. Who build the pendulum to find the island?
17. What lies in the shadow of the statue?
18. Who ordered the purge?
19. What did jughead do?

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 04:35:27 PM »
-What really was the deal with Walt?
-Why did anyone care that Shannon died?
-Did little Ben really see his Mom, or was it Smokey?
-Why was Libby in the psych ward?
-Why didn't all of the survivors want to hang out in the hatch? I mean, they had running water and records!
-Did Richard really see everyone die, or did he just assume they did from the explosion?

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 06:20:45 PM »
Who has been infected exactly, and what is the nature of the infection?  Christian, Claire, Sayid, Russo, others?

What was the hatch button doing and why exactly did it do?  Why did it need to be triggered by a person instead of the computer doing it automatically?

What happened after Jughead blew up in 1977?  How did it manifest to the Dharma folk still there in 1977?  big magnetic event but no nuclear blast?

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 06:27:36 PM »
-Who was in the shack who said "Help Me" to Locke? If it was Jacob, then why did he say Help Me????

wasn't it smokey ?
and didn't he do it just to make Locke think the island had a purpose for him and that he was special ?
all part of "the big plan" to kill Jacob ?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 06:49:50 PM »

wasn't it smokey ?
and didn't he do it just to make Locke think the island had a purpose for him and that he was special ?

Thats what I gathered. I have a notion that not EVERYTHING should be spelled out for us about a story. When it is the story tends to lend itself to boredom. Still some people won't be happy unless an answer is specifically stated, and in some cases even that is not enough. (The Whispers)

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 07:30:09 PM »

wasn't it smokey ?

I do agree this is the most plausible explanation, but then apparently the ash circle did not do its job. And why did Ilana go to the cabin looking for Jacob? All other indications are that he lives under the statue. If "help me" was MIB manipulating Locke, then what was the purpose of the cabin? Why the ash circle? Didn't keep MIB out, didn't keep him in.

I acknowledge that these continuity questions may not get answered...but given the Lost phenomenon - in large part perpetuated by the creators themselves - no one can blame us for bringing it up! :-)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 07:41:21 PM »

wasn't it smokey ?

I do agree this is the most plausible explanation, but then apparently the ash circle did not do its job. And why did Ilana go to the cabin looking for Jacob? All other indications are that he lives under the statue. If "help me" was MIB manipulating Locke, then what was the purpose of the cabin? Why the ash circle? Didn't keep MIB out, didn't keep him in.

I acknowledge that these continuity questions may not get answered...but given the Lost phenomenon - in large part perpetuated by the creators themselves - no one can blame us for bringing it up! :-)

Here's the way I see it.The Ash was placed around the cabin to keep MiB from manifesting inside the cabin. This was designated as being a safe place for people to go se Jacob as they KNEW it would be him, and not MiB impersonating Jacob. At some point Jacob stopped using the cabin, (Before the Purge I think) but left the ash there to keep Smokey out. When John saw the shadowy figure for a split second, that was Smokey trying to manifest regardless of the Ash circl, hence the reason for it being so weak. Ilana went there thinking that Jacob would still be using it. hen she saw the ring of ash broken she knew it was no longer safe for the Cabin to be there as it would be easier for MiB to convince more of Jacob's followers to do evil. That is why she burned it. Now this may not be THE intended answr, but it is one that serves the purpose of explaining the cabin question using only the facts we have at our disposal. If they enver say another word about the cabin I will go down using this as my explanation as to why everything happened the way it did.

I have a feeling we are going to have alot of instances where we have underlying questions abut the series that are not going to be answered, but I don;t think they are going to be inherent to the theme and plot. Outside of finding little inconsistancies that WILL be present in the span of a 100 Hour epic, I don't think it really matters if they don't implicitly lay out who the shadowy figure was that talked to Locke.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 10:30:17 PM »
Let it be known...you ARE Jacob! Nice explanation.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 02:01:32 AM »
My biggest question is, what happened to Shannon's asthma inhaler that they tortured Sawyer about back in season 1. I've spent so many sleepless night hoping and praying that someday I will have an answer.

Oh, wait, thats right. They answered that, and not ALL these other great questions us fans have. lol

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 02:04:47 AM »
15. What are the rules?
19. What did jughead do?

Darlton talked about #15. They said that they would talk about more rules, but not have a scene where they lay out all the rules. They said, if you want to know why they won't lay them all out, just watch the scene in the 2nd Matrix movie with Neo and the Architect, then once you wake up from the nap it lulls you into, then you'll understand why they won't do that in Lost.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 10:23:31 AM »
15. What are the rules?
19. What did jughead do?

Darlton talked about #15. They said that they would talk about more rules, but not have a scene where they lay out all the rules. They said, if you want to know why they won't lay them all out, just watch the scene in the 2nd Matrix movie with Neo and the Architect, then once you wake up from the nap it lulls you into, then you'll understand why they won't do that in Lost.

Amen to that. Total snooze fest that was.

Let it be known...you ARE Jacob! Nice explanation.

Well thank you kind sir, (Or ma'am).

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 10:45:19 AM »
Ma'am. Or Goddess, if you prefer (that's what everyone else calls me).

Yeah, CaseyMac, I love how we FINALLY got an answer on the inhaler! I can't TELL you how many nights I lost sleep wondering about that.