Author Topic: Alt Jin in the hospital  (Read 892 times)

Offline imcrazy0088

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Alt Jin in the hospital
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:15:39 PM »
You saw him right? Locke looks right at him, hes wearing a suit and hes got flowers. This scene is right after the Jin and Sun deaths, i think theyre trying to say there is still hope in the Alt timeline for sun and jin

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Alt Jin in the hospital
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:09 AM »
why do you say that?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 12:36:59 AM »
Didn't they already tell us that when they told us that Sun and the baby were going to be okay?? I don't think you're translating your thought all the wway with this post.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:46:51 AM »
yeah, they already said Sun and the baby were going to be fine unless I'm missing something.  I guess I'm just not understanding either what you are trying to say.

Offline powerful

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:45:08 AM »
Maybe it is a hint that Jin did not die in the original timeline?
Since the question "Which of the Kwons is on the list" is still up in the air, there is one of them surviving, further hinted by the final arm shot. Also Jin has a pretty good record for escaping from fatal danger, right? If Jin really is one of the candidates, then he could not kill himself by staying with Sun.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 09:18:36 AM »
I don't know... the scene with their hands losing their grip on each other and just floating apart...  although we didn't see their faces it sure seemd to me an indication that they were both now dead.  I don't see Jin floating there bemoaning Sun's death for a while before using what little air he has left to try to make it all the way up to the surface.  Seems unlikely to me....

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »
You saw him right? Locke looks right at him, hes wearing a suit and hes got flowers. This scene is right after the Jin and Sun deaths, i think theyre trying to say there is still hope in the Alt timeline for sun and jin

Well, alot of the dead people from the island are up and walking fine in the ATL, that's not the question.  The question is: What IS the ATL, and what will happen to it as a result of what happens on the island?  It may cease to exist, or it may continue on, we can't assume anything yet.  Some things that happened on the island ended up happening off the island also, although differently (Jack's appendix, Locke's injury, Mikhail's eye or lack thereof, etc.), but we have yet to see someone who died on the island die in the ATL also, so who knows?  They may have there alternate happy ending after all.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 01:13:10 PM »
I like RM's theory from another post: Desmond will do something (maybe with the wheel o' time, electromagnetism, whatever) and the original timeline (including MIB) will go away. The Alt Timeline will stay, but because of these "memories" that everyone is having, the original timeline won't really be gone. They will remember and all will be well.