Author Topic: It's gonna be you...  (Read 4575 times)

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: It's gonna be you...
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 05:50:31 PM »
So why didn't Sayid run to the next compartment door, throw the bomb into the next compartment and close and lock the door?  The explosion could have been contained to mainly one compartment and he might have lived.

Without thinking too hard about this, Sayid was probably trying to get as far away as possible. By the time he turned around to shut the heavy door, he would have to drop the bomb (which may have set it off prematurely) or it would have gone off anyway timing out. IMHO, he correctly ran as fast and far as he could knowing he had mere seconds.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 05:52:39 PM »
It was the writers way of ending any doubt as to MiB's stnce on the Good/Evil line. If he would have acted logically like that they may have found it harder to kill off JinSun and orphan a kid.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 12:17:35 AM »
So why didn't Sayid run to the next compartment door, throw the bomb into the next compartment and close and lock the door?  The explosion could have been contained to mainly one compartment and he might have lived.

Because I'm a total dork about TV clocks versus real life clocks, I did a rough approxamation on the time, and with the amount that the watch was sped up (30 seconds was roughly equivalent to ten seconds), they actually got the timing of the explosion right, so Sayid actually didn't have the time to do this. Right as he entered the room, he turned into a fine red mist.

Offline muggle_born

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 07:53:06 AM »
They're leading towards a wonderful place by getting back to all this "Jack wants to fix things" stuff in the sidewaysverse.  Jacob seemed to want to fix humanity, always holding out that it could be done no matter what MIB said.  Jack, as the new Jacob, would not only be trying to fix humanity the whole time, but would also be trying to fix Flocke as they existed together on the island for the rest of time.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 09:49:34 AM »
They're leading towards a wonderful place by getting back to all this "Jack wants to fix things" stuff in the sidewaysverse.  Jacob seemed to want to fix humanity, always holding out that it could be done no matter what MIB said.  Jack, as the new Jacob, would not only be trying to fix humanity the whole time, but would also be trying to fix Flocke as they existed together on the island for the rest of time.

Oh my god, can you imagine that for eternity??

Jack: Hey Locke, you want me to fix you today??
Locke: NO!!
Jack: No?? Tomorrow maybe?? Okay, I'll see you tomorrow.

~THE NEXT DAY~

Jack: Hey Locke, what's going on man?? How you feeling, you, uh, thinking you maybe need to be fixed by me perhaps??
Locke: Do you have an idea how badly I want to kill you??
Jack: Soooooo, no then??
Locke: NO!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »

~THE NEXT DAY~

Jack: Hey Locke, what's going on man?? How you feeling, you, uh, thinking you maybe need to be fixed by me perhaps??

That might straight up annoy the smoke monster to death.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 11:48:17 AM »

~THE NEXT DAY~

Finally, someone has come up with a possible justification for MIB NOT being evil!  Jacob nagged him into insanity!   ;D

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 01:26:46 PM »

~THE NEXT DAY~

Finally, someone has come up with a possible justification for MIB NOT being evil!  Jacob nagged him into insanity!   ;D

HAHAHA

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 12:57:43 PM »

For the same reason that Charlie didn't go through the door and shut it behind him in the underwater station when Patchy blew up the hand-grenade.  ;)   :D