Author Topic: Bernard  (Read 2156 times)

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Bernard
« on: May 05, 2010, 10:38:19 AM »
Sure seems he knows what is going on with the alternate timeline.  Wonder why he knows so much?

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Bernard
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:46:52 AM »
He did? What did he know?

Offline Goodash424

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:24:06 AM »
Bernard seemed to know what Jack was there about.  Why would the coincidence about them being on the same plane seem as significant to Bernard as it did to Jack, and why did Bernard remember Anthony Cooper's name?

As I was thinking about this, I realized that Bernard would have already likely discussed Locke with Rose because she was the one that gave Locke the teaching job after Hurley sent him to her agency.  Rose likely would have also recognized Hurley on the plane as her agencies owner adding to the coincidences Bernard and Rose have seen.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 12:58:27 PM »
I don't know how much he actually knows, but one thing he surely knows is that the flight was no coincidence.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 02:38:54 PM »
How is it ethical for Bernard to give Jack the name of Anthony Cooper, but not to tell him the cause of Locke's accident?

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 02:51:45 PM »
Anthony Cooper wasn't his patient, so there is no confidentiality broken, technically.  Another 'loophole'.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 02:53:37 PM »
And Cooper would not tell him anything confidential.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 04:14:44 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but when Jack went to see Bernard, he didn't actually identify himself as a doctor, did he?  He just introduced himself as Jack Shephard, but Bernard addressed him as Doctor.  Am I wrong?  I have to rewatch the episode.  Did Bernard know more than he should have about Jack?

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »
Could definately be that he got the same flashes all the other dead survivors got. That's if they are truly dead which I don't think they are. I think they may have a decent cameo on the island still to come. If that's the case Bernard may have been notified by his secretary or something that we didn't see.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 04:51:44 PM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but when Jack went to see Bernard, he didn't actually identify himself as a doctor, did he?  He just introduced himself as Jack Shephard, but Bernard addressed him as Doctor.  Am I wrong?  I have to rewatch the episode.  Did Bernard know more than he should have about Jack?

Jack said he was a surgeon at *Insert Hospital Name here*...

But from what I've seen seen in the sideways universe, the ones that seem to have all the answers seem to be dead, Charlie, Farraday...there was another but I can't remember...

Bernard seemed to know what's going on, so I wonder if Bernard and Rose are actually dead now in island time?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 04:54:37 PM »
Yeah, Bernard was definitely more than just a simple cameo. He seemed to have an idea of what was going on. Perhaps he remembers the Island through his love for Rose much like Hurley started to remember after kissing Libby.

Offline Chuckie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 05:09:39 PM »
Well, we saw Hurley get some island flashes when he kissed the love of his life, Libby, in the AU. And Danny Faramore remembered some stuff just having seen the love of his life, Charlotte, at the museum. Seems logical that Rose/Bernard may have had some sort of island flashes/repressed memories due to their Love of Their Lives connection. *shrug*

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
Well, we saw Hurley get some island flashes when he kissed the love of his life, Libby, in the AU. And Danny Faramore remembered some stuff just having seen the love of his life, Charlotte, at the museum. Seems logical that Rose/Bernard may have had some sort of island flashes/repressed memories due to their Love of Their Lives connection. *shrug*

Who the heck is Daniel Faramore.....

Offline Chuckie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 05:17:46 PM »

Who the heck is Daniel Faramore.....

Daniel Faraday/Widmore. Faramore.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 07:08:45 PM »
Daniel Faraday/Widmore. Faramore.
Oh, you mean Dan Widday....