Author Topic: Bernard  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Kinuvia

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Bernard
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 07:34:30 PM »
It also occurred to me that Bernard and Rose were the only two who seemed to 'get it' (whatever it specifically is that Jacob brings people to the island for) in 1977 - and were not interested in killing each other or anyone else, or leaving the island or fighting about anything. 

MIB said it always 'ends the same' - but it seems Bernard and Rose are two people who don't fall into that category, 'got' what Jacob is trying to convey, and now Bernard has all this wisdom in the alt timeline.. (just throwing it out there)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 07:35:44 PM »
Well, we saw Hurley get some island flashes when he kissed the love of his life, Libby, in the AU. And Danny Faramore remembered some stuff just having seen the love of his life, Charlotte, at the museum. Seems logical that Rose/Bernard may have had some sort of island flashes/repressed memories due to their Love of Their Lives connection. *shrug*

Who the heck is Daniel Faramore.....

Daniel Faraday/Widmore. Faramore.

Touche. I thought I was being a jerk and all, instead I was just being stupid. Well played sir

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 12:20:51 AM »
Well, we saw Hurley get some island flashes when he kissed the love of his life, Libby, in the AU. And Danny Faramore remembered some stuff just having seen the love of his life, Charlotte, at the museum. Seems logical that Rose/Bernard may have had some sort of island flashes/repressed memories due to their Love of Their Lives connection. *shrug*

Touche. I thought I was being a jerk and all, instead I was just being stupid. Well played sir

LOL Reminds me of this time when this kid was acting like a little punk, so I told him to stop being a dickfor. Trying to be cool in front of his friends, in a real snotty tone he asks, "Whats a dickfor?" "For peeing." I replied. The expression on his face was priceless.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 12:34:36 AM »
How is it ethical for Bernard to give Jack the name of Anthony Cooper, but not to tell him the cause of Locke's accident?

Plus, he didn't say that it was his father, he just said that "there was another man in the accident with him". As for him knowing something, I didn't really get that feeling, and everything that went down in that conversation was nothing really revealing.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 10:22:18 AM »

LOL Reminds me of this time when this kid was acting like a little punk, so I told him to stop being a dickfor. Trying to be cool in front of his friends, in a real snotty tone he asks, "Whats a dickfor?" "For peeing." I replied. The expression on his face was priceless.

HAHA. Love it when the Dickfor joke works. Yeah I can sometimes be a bit of a prick, but have no problem acknowledging when I am.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 02:02:43 PM »
Yeah, Bernard X did give off that sense that he was "all-knowing" about both timelines.  (Didn't get that sense from Rose X, though.)

By the way, when he says to Jack, "Good luck, Doc.  I hope you find what you're looking for."  Isn't that exactly what he said the last time they saw each other back in 1977 when he and Rose "retired"?

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 02:38:47 PM »
Yeah, Bernard X did give off that sense that he was "all-knowing" about both timelines.  (Didn't get that sense from Rose X, though.)

I didn't get 'all-knowing' from him, just a sense that he knew there was something strange going on and it might not be a bad idea to help Jack out with a little info.  After all, he probably saw Locke on the plane, which in itself would be a small coincidence.  But then Rose probably also saw Hurley, the owner of the temp agency she works at, a little more strange.  Then Locke turns up at Rose's office because Hurley sent him there for a job, stranger still.  Then, the doctor who sat across from them on the plane ends up treating Locke after an injury and shows up in Bernard's office asking questions.  Too strange to ignore!

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 02:43:28 PM »

I didn't get 'all-knowing' from him, just a sense that he knew there was something strange going on and it might not be a bad idea to help Jack out with a little info.  After all, he probably saw Locke on the plane, which in itself would be a small coincidence.  But then Rose probably also saw Hurley, the owner of the temp agency she works at, a little more strange.  Then Locke turns up at Rose's office because Hurley sent him there for a job, stranger still.  Then, the doctor who sat across from them on the plane ends up treating Locke after an injury and shows up in Bernard's office asking questions.  Too strange to ignore!

Thats a really good point. I can just imagine a scene where Rose and Bernard are sitting at the dinner table. "You'll never believe who I just saw today..."

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »

Thats a really good point. I can just imagine a scene where Rose and Bernard are sitting at the dinner table. "You'll never believe who I just saw today..."

Yep