Author Topic: Kate getting shot  (Read 4052 times)

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Kate getting shot
« on: May 05, 2010, 09:39:22 AM »
Come on.. I know I'm not the only one who was like... crap if it was just a little more to the right....  ::)

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Kate getting shot
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:10:41 AM »
you were not  ;)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 12:42:58 PM »
Third that

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 12:51:32 PM »
Sorry Kate, you need to take off that shirt so I can put pressure on the wound  ;)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:40:03 AM »
I actually  yelled out no!!
I do not want this hottie dead!
I agree that the best treatment would of happened with her shirt off.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 12:44:54 AM »
I've never really hated Kate but when she first got shot I was okay with her dying.  But then when everyone else died I was glad she was still alive because that's just too many people getting killed off in one night.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 01:16:07 AM »
Thanks Juggy... we need a little bit of love!

Offline bluesmanjay

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 11:29:23 AM »
I also have no issue with Kate. I do feel she's been under utilized this season. So if she were to die, it wouldn't bother me.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »
The only way it could have been better...other than a few inches to the right...would be if it went through Kate and then hit Claire. Maybe in the head, 'cause she's a little shorter.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »
That woman must be related to MIB seriously she gets shot but not in the heart.  OMG I was like Die WOMAN DIE  that was one character we could have said bye bye now.... Okay she and Claire live together in alternate life. :D  Throwing in a fantasty for her loyal fans.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 08:21:02 PM »
It's funny, as soon as she was shot, I had some initial shock, then I thought, "I know a few people that are probably pretty happy about this." When she dropped, I thought she was a goner, so I'm glad she was only wounded. The shot was dangerously close to being worse, and I'll quote Carey Elwes in the Princess Bride, "There is a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage hers."

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 09:46:25 PM »
Why is everyone so down on Kate?

Besides, with Ilana and Sun gone, and Claire preggers/zombiefied, she's the last hope for male fantasies on this show! :) 

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 10:36:27 PM »
MacThree-
you all can have your fantasies about Kate.  Go for it...
Frankly the character has lacked substance for a long time.  She runs from everything and it is just not something I enjoy about her character.
the actress is very attractive and I can see the attraction for the audience that is attracted/turned on by her.

but my reasons are soley based on character and the character just lacks. ;) :D

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 11:23:49 PM »
See LiL, I disagree, and I swear that it's not just because she's hot (I actually have always preferred Claire)!!!  ;)  I think that she has issues, but in Season 5 when she decided to come back to the Island to save Claire, that's when she started to redeem herself and act unselfishly for the first time.

Yes, she is annoying because she wavers and is selfish and runs, but what I like about that character is that I believe it is a very human trait to be selfish and run from things and be afraid to face them and deal with them -- that's why, honestly, I can relate to her.  I think women tend to be more frustrated by her because they see her as being a weak character and only there as a sex symbol and get frustrated by her going between Jack and Sawyer, and I totally get that from a feminist perspective.

I feel the same way about Jack - I know a lot of folks are driven crazy about him because of all his flaws, but I feel like that's what makes him relate-able - his stubbornness and inability to let go are such annoying character traits, but they are very real and are meant to make us step back and see it that way.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 04:07:50 AM »
It's funny, as soon as she was shot, I had some initial shock, then I thought, "I know a few people that are probably pretty happy about this." When she dropped, I thought she was a goner, so I'm glad she was only wounded. The shot was dangerously close to being worse, and I'll quote Carey Elwes in the Princess Bride, "There is a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage hers."
There just simply are not enough Princess Bride quotes on these boards... or anywhere, for that matter.  Bravo!