Author Topic: MiB knows the future?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
MiB knows the future?
« on: May 05, 2010, 07:35:22 AM »
After Locke killed the guys guarding the plane and before he steped onboard, he took the guys watch. This is because he knew there was explosives on the plane and that Sawyer had betrayed him. Does MiB know how things are going to play out like Jacob did? Did he scout out the plane and know there were explosives onboard before killing the men. We saw flashes when Smokey helped them escape the cages, did he get the info about the C4 from flasing someone? (give that column of smoke some beads ;) )

Offline Xentro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: MiB knows the future?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:41:25 AM »
I have the same question. He knew that there were explosives on the plane.
And he knew Jack would get in the sub, or at least anticipated it.

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 09:25:37 AM »
My question is how he knew the Losties were caged up even though he was on a differnt island?  Also how he knew some of the people on the sunken sub had survived even though he was no where near it?

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:59:19 AM »
I think something has to happen when all the candidates are dead, like the island sinking or the timeline ceasing to be, but nothing happened, so MIB knew they're not all dead.
And he knew they did something to the plane, because the pilons were removed. They were not around the plane anymore,
as an invitation to go there.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »
I think something has to happen when all the candidates are dead, like the island sinking or the timeline ceasing to be, but nothing happened, so MIB knew they're not all dead.
And he knew they did something to the plane, because the pilons were removed. They were not around the plane anymore,

Wait.....Are we...in...agreement. Total Keanu moment there. I think it is entirely plausible that he knew the plane would be rigged to blow. He could have gotten it from a flash which is why he wanted to get there first so he could take out the guards and get the bomb parts.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 12:43:06 PM »

Wait.....Are we...in...agreement. Total Keanu moment there. I think it is entirely plausible that he knew the plane would be rigged to blow. He could have gotten it from a flash which is why he wanted to get there first so he could take out the guards and get the bomb parts.

Will wonders never cease?  We agree with Opie!!!!  Oh wait, Opie thinks MIB was trying to kill them to SAVE them in the ATL....never mind........

But yeah, the man exists either as a smoke monster or a physical copy of a dead person, so the thought that he somehow KNOWS something that isn't right in front of him at the moment doesn't require too much of a stretch of the imagination!   ;)

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »
MIB and Jacob know how it ends b/c they say it always ends the same.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 12:56:06 PM »
MIB and Jacob know how it ends b/c they say it always ends the same.

Yeah this sound nice, but it didn't end that way for the group on the Black Rock. They didn't have a plane or anything. I am more and more liking the idea that he scanned some of Widmore's crew and got the info on the plane from them

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 01:50:52 PM »
As an alternate theory to MIB seeing the future or knowing what will happen, why not theorize that MIB is in cahoots with Widmore so he had the inside information about the place and the cages?

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 01:56:42 PM »
As an alternate theory to MIB seeing the future or knowing what will happen, why not theorize that MIB is in cahoots with Widmore so he had the inside information about the place and the cages?

I'm really starting to question now what team Widmore is really on after last night.  He kinda just disappeared, since Smokey was there wouldn't have taken this chance to kill Widmore?  I would have thought so.

Offline JackCrow

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 01:56:51 PM »
And how do we know that the people shooting at them at the sub were WIdmores people?  Maybe they were the Others that were with Locke (those that blended away into the woods after the mortar attack) and he was using them to "drive" everyone into the sub, including Jack.  Also would make Locke out to be a bit more evil as he was shooting the very people that were doing his bidding...

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 02:03:24 PM »
And how do we know that the people shooting at them at the sub were WIdmores people?  Maybe they were the Others that were with Locke (those that blended away into the woods after the mortar attack) and he was using them to "drive" everyone into the sub, including Jack.  Also would make Locke out to be a bit more evil as he was shooting the very people that were doing his bidding...

Yeah I like this idea, but I think they were Widmore's Fellas.

Will wonders never cease?  We agree with Opie!!!!  Oh wait, Opie thinks MIB was trying to kill them to SAVE them in the ATL....never mind........

But yeah, the man exists either as a smoke monster or a physical copy of a dead person, so the thought that he somehow KNOWS something that isn't right in front of him at the moment doesn't require too much of a stretch of the imagination!   ;)

And yeah I was half in agreement with OPG. Until I read the rest of the post. Hey, Half agreement is still something to celebrate these days

Offline IFP

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 03:52:29 PM »
This all harkens back to S3 Locke having the foresight to take the C4 from the Flame station, as if he knew he'd need it for the sub, then his comment to Kate after pushing Mikhail into the fence about "how could I know that some sonic fence was gonna kill him? How could I possibly know that?". And then of course "you're not supposed to do this, Jack". Could it all tie back in somehow? Has he been seeing the future for awhile? Like Desmond, after the failsafe? He was right there at ground zero with him, and we never got Locke's perspective of what happened at that moment...