Author Topic: anthony cooper is he original sawyer ?  (Read 1149 times)

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
anthony cooper is he original sawyer ?
« on: May 05, 2010, 06:59:14 AM »
is Anthony cooper  the guy who  cheated sawyer's parents or not .. based on what locke said ,  his dad doesn't seem to be the conman or locke  doesn't know he was a con man  ..i'm a little confused  .. and did sawyer write the letter  or not in the sideways  ?  .... not the biggest mystery that maybe answered or anything ,  just curious to know .

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: anthony cooper is he original sawyer ?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 07:10:08 AM »
I think he is, but I guess Sawyer has little to revenge when he finally will find him and
see the state he is in. I don't think it will feel as good to kill Cooper now as it felt in the black
rock where he didn't want to read the letter and was a horrible man.
Sawyer just can move on after seeing him without the need to kill anymore.
That man is punnished enough.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 08:44:19 AM »
So Sawyer tmpered with Locke's plane and made it crash. Who want to take that leap with me? Anyone...anyone...hello?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 08:57:30 AM »
So Sawyer tmpered with Locke's plane and made it crash. Who want to take that leap with me? Anyone...anyone...hello?

I love it!!  :D Makes tons of sense. Locke did seem confused as to why it suddenly went down.........

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 09:02:18 AM »

I love it!!  :D Makes tons of sense. Locke did seem confused as to why it suddenly went down.........

Don't think so, otherwise Sawyer wouldn't have gone to Australia.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 10:01:01 AM »
What LA cop can't find a sick Anthony Cooper in a Home in LA?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 10:37:58 AM »

Well, remember that he didn't even get the name Anthony Cooper until he went to Australia, and he has been trying to track them down. Give it time.

As for him being "THE" Anthony Cooper that conned Sawyer's parents, I'm going to say that he is. Remember that the flash-sideways are all similar, but different. So it is very possible that Locke's dad was still a con-man, but for some reason, maybe he actually was around in Locke's life, and was a good dad.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 10:52:11 AM »
Did Cooper tamper with Locke's plane?  Not a good move considering he was on it too and look what happened to him.

Is Cooper the original Sawyer in the alt?  I'm guessing this won't be resolved, its probably not important enough.

And I feel sorry for the actor who plays Cooper - you get to come back and all you do is sit there drooling, that must have been a bummer....

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 10:59:12 AM »

Well, remember that he didn't even get the name Anthony Cooper until he went to Australia, and he has been trying to track them down. Give it time.

And even if Alt-Sawyer never resolves this at least we know Cooper's ultimate fate.

As for him being "THE" Anthony Cooper that conned Sawyer's parents, I'm going to say that he is. Remember that the flash-sideways are all similar, but different. So it is very possible that Locke's dad was still a con-man, but for some reason, maybe he actually was around in Locke's life, and was a good dad.

I agree completely.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »

Not a chance.  The crash was three years earlier according to Locke (and Jack's conversation with Bernard).  Sawyer just found the name Anthony Cooper during his trip to Australia and has just started searching for him.  If they come back to this storyline at all, it will be for Sawyer to find Cooper, NOT kill him as planned (better to let him suffer, probably) and move on.