Author Topic: MiB: What's his plan now?  (Read 3802 times)

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
MiB: What's his plan now?
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:52:04 AM »
Now that the sub is blown up, and the plane seems useless (or at least pilotless, with the demise of Lapidus), how is Smokey planning to leave the island?  Does his escape actually require a vehicle (did it ever?), or was it always just a play to kill all the Candidates so that he could leave through some other means?

Another thought - will his use of normal time line Locke's body somehow allow him to absorb sideways Locke's piloting knowledge?

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: MiB: What's his plan now?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 04:07:23 AM »
I'm starting to suspect that the only way MIB can leave the island is to kill off all the candidates. And good call Mach about sideways Locke's learning to pilot a plane!!!

He obviously got rid of the dynamite from Ajira...so there is the possibility that this is still his means of getting off the island.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:29:24 AM »
its hard to say if he really wants to leave now.  This whole time his intentions were to kill all of them.  So the only way he knew he could get them all together was to put them on the sub or plane.  Therefore he had to say he is leaving.

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 07:52:42 AM »
I always wondered about his leaving via donkey wheel.  He was there in Christian's form when Locke moved it if I recall the episode correctly.
I also wondered about the Locke plane connection.  Though if he gets Locke's skills he may crash, end to Flocke.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 08:14:18 AM »
There's still the boat. With the right bearing they can leave via Elisabeth.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 09:08:26 AM »
Or is he "ALLOWED" to leave if there are no candidates.  Maybe it's not what method he's going to use to leave (boat, plane, etc.), but not being able to leave until all the candidates are wrong and UnLocke "Wins" the game.

Offline 00Dawg

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 10:39:51 AM »
Another thought - will his use of normal time line Locke's body somehow allow him to absorb sideways Locke's piloting knowledge?
Well, he  somehow learned how to make a modern bomb with included booby trap for defusing attempts, so I'm guessing piloting a plane won't be much harder.  :D

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »
I don't think MiB's "leaving" the island is quite so literal. In other words, he's not gonna leave the island and then take in the sights at Times Square while eating a hot dog lol. When it comes to MiB, "leaving the island" means something completely different and far more catastrophic. Imagine if, say, MiB were an extremely deadly and extremely contagious virus...and as long as he/it is kept on the island the rest of the world is safe. However, if that virus became airborne and spread to the rest of the world (if it "left the island"), then everyone dies.

If that virus could take human form, it might say "let me leave the island". It would NOT say "Let me take my natural form of incredible evil, break myself up into tiny molecules, and use the world's wind currents to spread myself over the entire planet, infecting and killing everyone and everything."

Offline DharmaCakes

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 11:21:47 AM »
Once the candidates are all dead the island is "uncorked" and he's free flowing.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 12:45:07 PM »
I agree with the last two statements.  Once all who can stop him are dead (of their own actions, since he is not allowed to kill them) then he is "free to wander the ends of teh earth seeking the ruin of souls."

Besides, didn't anyone else see the wing of the plane turned up at a 90 degree angle.  You are not going to straighten that out to be able to fly the plane right.  Especially with only limited flying experience.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »
I'm thinking that if he gets free, his chaos will cause humans to become extinct. Bringing it all back to the numbers and the Valenzetti Equation.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 01:02:19 PM »

If that virus could take human form, it might say "let me leave the island". It would NOT say "Let me take my natural form of incredible evil, break myself up into tiny molecules, and use the world's wind currents to spread myself over the entire planet, infecting and killing everyone and everything."

This made me SnortLaugh in my office. I'm drawing attention.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 01:04:58 PM »

Omg...that would definitely be like that movie, "The Happening."  Or "The Crappening" as so many here belovedly called it.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 01:19:49 PM »

Omg...that would definitely be like that movie, "The Happening."  Or "The Crappening" as so many here belovedly called it.

MAYBE THATS THE END SCENE OF LOST! Close up on Mark Wahlberg's face. ::PAH::

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 01:20:47 PM »

MAYBE THATS THE END SCENE OF LOST! Close up on Mark Wahlberg's face. ::PAH::

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!