Author Topic: How did Kate fail her candidacy?  (Read 5870 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: How did Kate fail her candidacy?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »
no I think there is a REAL reason... in the alt time-line or as I call it the "light time-line" Kate is still the "same." she's still arrested, still questionable if she committed the murder or not. most of the other candidates seemed to have done a 180 hence there is still a chance for them in the island or "dark time-line."

Well, I almost hate to agree with anything that puts Kate in a positive light, but in the On-island time line she DID commit the murder, and admitted to it to at least one person. In the Off-island Timeline she has been saying that she was accussed of murder, so you might be right. She probably did do the 180.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 03:42:56 PM »
Do you have your jig ready for when Kate does finally shuffle loose from the mortal coil?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 03:55:10 PM »
Do you have your jig ready for when Kate does finally shuffle loose from the mortal coil?

Oh absolutely. I have something special planned for that, because she's been under my skin since S1.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 04:54:41 PM »
I don't know...I'm not a fan of the secret Kate candidate theory because I just don't think the producers would do that. Seems like a crappy trick.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't think there will be anymore HUGE twists like that. I think we have all the pieces and information and the rest is just connecting the dots. The producers made it clear in that episode through Sawyer that her name is indeed crossed out.

But for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out what it is she may have done to be crossed out. Others have killed, others have left the island and come back. I'm stumped. 

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »
If she did in fact lose her candidacy, it may be because she can't sit still on a decision, or a location. The new Jacob needs to be content in the same place for a very long time.

Offline Chuckie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 05:05:49 PM »
I think she flunked the math portion of the candidate test...

I assumed she failed Others 101. (I hear the Latin portion is brutal)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 06:35:08 PM »

We were clearly shown that her name was not crossed off in the lighthouse and we've been reminded that it was crossed off in the cave.

See, it's stuff like this that drives me straight up a wall.  I hate inconsistencies that have no meaning, so it makes me want to say there must be some reason for this, so maybe I'm on board with the "Kate is a secret candidate" thing. 

But, as far as we were "clearly" shown that her name wasn't crossed off in the lighthouse... well, yes, WE were, because we're rabid about stuff like that and scrutinize screencaps and stuff.  But would a more casual viewer know that?  I know I mentioned it to some people and they just gave me blank looks and said "How did you notice that?"  (And I said "I didn't, ericd did." LOL.)  So much as I hate to say it, it could be just a technical boo-boo about the lighthouse name.  (Ugh, that tastes bad in my mouth just to say it...)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 07:00:26 PM »

We were clearly shown that her name was not crossed off in the lighthouse and we've been reminded that it was crossed off in the cave.

See, it's stuff like this that drives me straight up a wall.  I hate inconsistencies that have no meaning, so it makes me want to say there must be some reason for this, so maybe I'm on board with the "Kate is a secret candidate" thing. 

But, as far as we were "clearly" shown that her name wasn't crossed off in the lighthouse... well, yes, WE were, because we're rabid about stuff like that and scrutinize screencaps and stuff.  But would a more casual viewer know that?  I know I mentioned it to some people and they just gave me blank looks and said "How did you notice that?"  (And I said "I didn't, ericd did." LOL.)  So much as I hate to say it, it could be just a technical boo-boo about the lighthouse name.  (Ugh, that tastes bad in my mouth just to say it...)

You didn't notice?? REALLY?!?! I doubt your fan-dom.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 07:28:54 PM »
Nope.  Totally didn't see it until here.  But then again, I also missed the whole Jack/Claire/musicbox mirror thing in this eppy, too, so... I'm pretty lame.  That's why I have to come here all the time.  LOL.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 08:37:06 PM »
Nope.  Totally didn't see it until here.  But then again, I also missed the whole Jack/Claire/musicbox mirror thing in this eppy, too, so... I'm pretty lame.  That's why I have to come here all the time.  LOL.

I'm just kidding, you know that.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 08:48:46 PM »
Kate failed her candidacy because she never evolved she remained the same.  Forget about the entire Aaron thing but that could have also harmed her.
Just get rid of her...but you know ... ::) hmmm Smokey may have some time for her ;D

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 08:51:01 PM »
I still believe that Kate didn't necessarily fail. Her name was not crossed out in the Lighthouse.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 08:56:35 PM »
yeah she did i know you like her but she failed it was the commercials she sold out ;)
Really I think she did fail at the fact she couldn't follow what was needed of her.  Jacob needed someone to follow not be a cowboy and run off doing their own thing

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 08:58:23 PM »
So, you just ignore the fact her name was one of the few not crossed out in the lighthouse? Or explain that in a different way?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 09:01:11 PM »
It was simply said earlier, she wanted off island...only to come back to save Claire to get to Aaron...she's not dedicated on the island like Jack...but that's ok she can be dedicated to me off island...*growl* ;D