Author Topic: How did Kate fail her candidacy?  (Read 5863 times)

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
How did Kate fail her candidacy?
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:19:22 AM »
They'll never answer this, but . . .

What did Kate ever do to get crossed out as a candidate?  (What did anyone do to get crossed out, for that matter?)

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: How did Kate fail her candidacy?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 03:30:38 AM »
kidnapped little Ben and gave him to Richard to be saved

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:32:01 AM »
Short answer, her character became useless to the writers or so it seems. They wrote in that Jack would be "all balls" for the Island and Sawyer would get involved with Juliette, after that her character was written to pine over the fact that she "stole" Aaron away from Claire. Put a bullet in her Turkish, she's through.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:02:35 AM »
Kate was not crossed out in the lighthouse. She still is needed.

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 06:12:37 AM »
i think this will be answered ,  although seriously don't care about her ..hopefully she won't turn out 2b some secret candidate or sumthing  :-\

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 08:24:56 AM »
I think she may well be the secret candidate. If MIB kills everybody except for her (since she was crossed out on his cave wall and he doesn't know about the Lighthouse), that may be where things are going.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 10:23:21 AM »
I think she flunked the math portion of the candidate test...

Offline blueeyed2200

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 10:34:21 AM »
Who's name was crossed out in the cave??  When Locke was in the cave showing Sawyer the names in the ceiling of the cave, he crossed out a name?  Was it Kate's?  I don't remember . . .

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 10:43:05 AM »
Who's name was crossed out in the cave??  When Locke was in the cave showing Sawyer the names in the ceiling of the cave, he crossed out a name?  Was it Kate's?  I don't remember . . .

MiB in Locke's body crossed out Locke's name. As for Kate's name in the cave, there was no screen cap or anything that actually showed her name clearly, so it's hard to argue the point that her name wasn't there, when we were just told by Sawyer that her name was there, and crossed out.

I think that Kate is off the cantidate list because her intentions are to get Claire, take her off the island to her baby. I think the big thing about being the cantidate is that you have to be willing to stay on the island, for the island's sake, which is why I'm 99.999999999999% positive that Jack is going to be the new Jacob.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »
I think that Kate is off the cantidate list because her intentions are to get Claire, take her off the island to her baby. I think the big thing about being the cantidate is that you have to be willing to stay on the island, for the island's sake, which is why I'm 99.999999999999% positive that Jack is going to be the new Jacob.

I agree, but the real reason might be that she accumulated too many viewers wishing she would just die already!   ;D
Seriously, though, unless they are purposefully lying to us to throw us off, it looks like it will be Jack, like Sayid said.  My opinion, Desmond would make a cooler Jacob.  Jack should be his Richard, now that he's willing to stay. 

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 12:27:53 PM »
Short answer, her character became useless to the writers or so it seems. They wrote in that Jack would be "all balls" for the Island and Sawyer would get involved with Juliette, after that her character was written to pine over the fact that she "stole" Aaron away from Claire. Put a bullet in her Turkish, she's through.

HAHA. Exactly. They have the off island timeline for love, which is the only time when I think Kate was half relevant. LOVE TRIANGLE! When they left that angle behind there was really nothing left for her to do. No longer a Candidate they say. She may have a decent part in the rest of the story, but I just don't see it happeneing. Therest of the main plot is going to revolve around Jack trying to defeat MiB, and Desmond helping. Maybe Sawyer will be a hardass a bit. Ben will probably screw up that new foundtrust we have in him. The main arc of the story is going to deal with Jack and Desmond though I feel. See you in another life brotha.

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 01:09:03 PM »
no I think there is a REAL reason... in the alt time-line or as I call it the "light time-line" Kate is still the "same." she's still arrested, still questionable if she committed the murder or not. most of the other candidates seemed to have done a 180 hence there is still a chance for them in the island or "dark time-line."

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 02:43:52 PM »
I think she may well be the secret candidate. If MIB kills everybody except for her (since she was crossed out on his cave wall and he doesn't know about the Lighthouse), that may be where things are going.

I actually agree with this one.  We were clearly shown that her name was not crossed off int he lighthouse and we've been reminded that it was crossed off in the cave. So MIB and Jacob had different information and this could be a key plot device.  MIB may accomplish his goal by killing everyone he thought he had to kill - but he may leave alive the one person who was the true target he never knew about.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 03:04:38 PM »

I don't know if she's that useless. Plus, she was crossed off in the cave, but not the Lighthouse...if that even means anything. Finally, it will be kind of hard to put a bullet in her when you've got "Replica" written on the side of your gun, and I've got "Desert Eagle .50" written on the side of mine. ;)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »
And stop that dog from dribblin' on my seats