Author Topic: How the death's were handled...  (Read 2287 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: How the death's were handled...
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 03:24:24 PM »
I thought the Sun/Jin ending was decently done...I guess.  My wife kept asking why Sun didn't try to wriggle out of her pants, and I was expecting her to tell Jin to go take care of their daughter, but for whatever reason, they didn't go that route.

Sayid's death was indeed quick, but at least he died doing something worthwhile.  Lapidus got one last one-liner, and then went out like a punk.  I expected more for his character.

I was hoping she'd at least try to wriggle out of her BLOUSE one more time!   :o 

LoL Me, too! "Why didn't she take her pants off? Why didn't she take her shirt off? What the hell was she doing wearing a bra?"

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »
Everything just seems so rushed now. I just wish there was more time to really wrap things up in a more satisfying manner. I'm happy to get answers, but now it just seems like they are firing them at us like Nerf rockets.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 03:32:44 PM »
Since we're discussing the ridiculousness of it all, did no one else think that if the cabinet that fell was that friggin heavy, that maybe they strap it down?? I mean, I know it wasn't the losties fault, but Widmore's crew should have been smarter than that.
4 bricks of C4 has a way of loosening things.

Okay, you got me there, but if you want to argue the affect that 4 blocks of C4 would have, wouldn't there have been a much bigger hole, and alot more fire?? LOL Like I said, the ridiculousness of it all.

..sometimes you eat the bar...

Achiever, or amateur??

I actually forgot Lapidus died (or so we think) until I started reading this thread.  I agree with earlier comments it had a Titanic feel.  I was totally not expecting them to die.  I thought the death scenes where good just not expected.  I do have the one hang up with Jin and Sun's daughter, neither thought about her in those last moments.

Lapidus is deffinitely dead. The door that hit him shot off of the hinges because of all of the pressure behind it, then hit him in the head, knocked him out, then the sub flooded. IF he lived through that, then the writing on this show just went downhill. But I guess you can't really call them on it, considering that there are only 3 episodes left.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »
Lapidus is deffinitely dead. The door that hit him shot off of the hinges because of all of the pressure behind it, then hit him in the head, knocked him out, then the sub flooded. IF he lived through that, then the writing on this show just went downhill. But I guess you can't really call them on it, considering that there are only 3 episodes left.

Yeah, only Mikail could have survived that.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 03:36:14 PM »

Touch'e good sir.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 03:36:33 PM »

:D

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »

So far we have, what appear to me, to be a series of victimless crimes.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2010, 03:44:43 PM »
Okay, you got me there, but if you want to argue the affect that 4 blocks of C4 would have, wouldn't there have been a much bigger hole, and alot more fire?? LOL Like I said, the ridiculousness of it all.

Yeah, I'm not sure how it is we're meant to think that a similar amount of C4 blew the first sub to smithereens when Locke blew it up back in season 3, yet only below a small hole in this sub - even though this sub did seem a bit larger. 

Anyhow, a detail that probably isn't at all important.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 03:54:33 PM »

So far we have, what appear to me, to be a series of victimless crimes.

It don't matter to Jesus.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »
I thought the Sun/Jin ending was decently done...I guess.  My wife kept asking why Sun didn't try to wriggle out of her pants, and I was expecting her to tell Jin to go take care of their daughter, but for whatever reason, they didn't go that route.

Sayid's death was indeed quick, but at least he died doing something worthwhile.  Lapidus got one last one-liner, and then went out like a punk.  I expected more for his character.

I was hoping she'd at least try to wriggle out of her BLOUSE one more time!   :o 

LoL Me, too! "Why didn't she take her pants off? Why didn't she take her shirt off? What the hell was she doing wearing a bra?"

I can't argue with that.... but the point everyone is missing is... why was Sun standing behind a cabinet and some dangerous beams at the time of the explosion?  Wasn't she right next to everyone else as the bomb was ticking?  Or did she say "Jin, you stay there and watch and tell me what happens, if you live.  I'll be hiding over here behind these things that could pin me down."

Still, a little nudity could have helped the ratings.  It is sweep month, you know.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »

I can't argue with that.... but the point everyone is missing is... why was Sun standing behind a cabinet and some dangerous beams at the time of the explosion?  Wasn't she right next to everyone else as the bomb was ticking?  Or did she say "Jin, you stay there and watch and tell me what happens, if you live.  I'll be hiding over here behind these things that could pin me down."

Still, a little nudity could have helped the ratings.  It is sweep month, you know.

quality