Author Topic: How the death's were handled...  (Read 2390 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: How the death's were handled...
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 10:50:10 AM »
I guess I thought that maybe if she did she would be slipperier and could slide out. But yeah, nothing was probably going to work in this scenario. I was thinking that I would have at least tried that if it were me.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 11:03:10 AM »
It wasn't just her pants leg caught on something, was it? I thought it was some metal railings pinning her against the wall.
It was the railings, but she wasn't bleeding, so it looked like her pants were still intact, and she could've at least tried to get loose.

If metal railings are pinning your legs against the wall, taking your pants off will not only be useless, it would be damn near impossible lol. They would have to cut her pants away from her legs. And with water rushing in and the sub quickly sinking, I think trying to move the railings just enough for Sun to squeeze out from behind them was the most logical move for them to make.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 11:07:53 AM »
well, I feel I should warn you that if any of you are ever in a sinking sub with me I will most likely shout out completely illogical and ridiculous suggestions at the big emotional moments. Then the next day I will realize how useless these suggestions were.

So you can't get mad at me. I did warn you.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 11:49:06 AM »
Since we're discussing the ridiculousness of it all, did no one else think that if the cabinet that fell was that friggin heavy, that maybe they strap it down?? I mean, I know it wasn't the losties fault, but Widmore's crew should have been smarter than that.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 11:52:11 AM »
Frank's last words were "Aw hell no..." who is this guy? martin Lawrence? I thought they could have done better for poor Frank. Hey, at least Miles is still around!

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 12:31:22 PM »
Since we're discussing the ridiculousness of it all, did no one else think that if the cabinet that fell was that friggin heavy, that maybe they strap it down?? I mean, I know it wasn't the losties fault, but Widmore's crew should have been smarter than that.
4 bricks of C4 has a way of loosening things.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
Frank's last words were "Aw hell no..." who is this guy? martin Lawrence? I thought they could have done better for poor Frank. Hey, at least Miles is still around!

I couldn't help thinking that maybe he didn't die, because all it really showed was him getting blasted over when the water came gushing in.  But then I remember reading somewhere that there were 4 deaths, so he would definitely make the fourth...

But then again, as mentioned in previous posts, everybody is still alive and kickin' in the side time-line. 

So...   if you're dead in one time line does that have any affect on the side time line? Well, apparently not cuz Charlie seemed alright. Hmmm. Okay, I'm really not understanding this side time-line thing. 

Offline TvFantic

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 12:53:21 PM »
I actually forgot Lapidus died (or so we think) until I started reading this thread.  I agree with earlier comments it had a Titanic feel.  I was totally not expecting them to die.  I thought the death scenes where good just not expected.  I do have the one hang up with Jin and Sun's daughter, neither thought about her in those last moments.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 01:33:45 PM »
I thought the Sun/Jin ending was decently done...I guess.  My wife kept asking why Sun didn't try to wriggle out of her pants, and I was expecting her to tell Jin to go take care of their daughter, but for whatever reason, they didn't go that route.

Sayid's death was indeed quick, but at least he died doing something worthwhile.  Lapidus got one last one-liner, and then went out like a punk.  I expected more for his character.

I was hoping she'd at least try to wriggle out of her BLOUSE one more time!   :o  Seriously, though, the characters were done (in this timeline, at least) and Jin had to go out looking heroic.  If they had Sun insisting he leave for the sake of their daughter and he still insisted on staying, he wouldn't look as heroic in the minds of the viewers who have children of their own.  In reality, when you have kids, protecting them becomes the number one priority, even over the safety of yourself or your spouse.  But it doesn't make for a very romantic death scene!

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 01:35:00 PM »
I thought the Sun/Jin ending was decently done...I guess.  My wife kept asking why Sun didn't try to wriggle out of her pants, and I was expecting her to tell Jin to go take care of their daughter, but for whatever reason, they didn't go that route.

Sayid's death was indeed quick, but at least he died doing something worthwhile.  Lapidus got one last one-liner, and then went out like a punk.  I expected more for his character.

I was hoping she'd at least try to wriggle out of her BLOUSE one more time!   :o  Seriously, though, the characters were done (in this timeline, at least) and Jin had to go out looking heroic.  If they had Sun insisting he leave for the sake of their daughter and he still insisted on staying, he wouldn't look as heroic in the minds of the viewers who have children of their own.  In reality, when you have kids, protecting them becomes the number one priority, even over the safety of yourself or your spouse.  But it doesn't make for a very romantic death scene!

And Jin did promise Sun he would NEVER leave her again. And he was true to his word.  :(

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 01:36:06 PM »
Yeah I think dying in one timline helps you realize sooner in the SideLinetm  This theory is still working itself out and all, but I think it may hold some water.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 01:59:02 PM »
..sometimes you eat the bar...

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »
I might just be in a bit of shock or minor depression over losing so many characters in such a short amount of time, however, I was slightly disappointed as well.
Frank...he got 1 last good line in before he died, so that was fitting.
Sayid....an Iraqi blowing himself up, not very original, but the fact that he sacrificed himself was cool.
Sun & Jin...I'm really bummed about them. I was pretty convinced they would have a "happily ever after". However, as sad as their deaths were, I don't think it captured the same emotion as even Charlie's death. I don't know if it was the writing, or the director unable to get the performance out of the actors, or the way it was edited, but whatever it was, I think it could have been a stronger moment.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 03:20:12 PM »
Would have been so much better if Jin made the decision to leave Sun behind. The emotion in that moment would carry so much better then what happened. The downside is you now need to find a way for Jin to get off the island and back to his daughter, or kill him off 2 episodes later.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »
I tin kthe difference between the Charlie death and JinSun was the difference in the plot leading up to it. Charlie had one of the best and most gut wrenching episodes ever with Greatest Hits and he was still very much a regular figure in the story arc. JinSun on the other hand had pretty much fallen out of the current arc and I think alot of people were left wanting more from their reunion. When they were killed off before all that emotional stuff could take place I think it shortchanged their deaths.