Author Topic: How the death's were handled...  (Read 2388 times)

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
How the death's were handled...
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:19:18 AM »
Man, I'm bummed - I thought Sayid deserved to go out a little better than that - not just here one minute, the next running down the passageway and then BOOM.  How about some slow motion and emotive music?

And Jin and Sun - somehow their scenes together this week and last didn't do it for me.  Maybe Jin speaking english changes the chemistry between them but the reunion last week was done poorly (too short before Zoe pulled the guns) and them talking in the cage was good but the death scene was a little corny again - like Jin wants to stay with Sun ok but neither of them is thinking of their about-to-be-orphaned daughter?

Other than that this episode was great, I just wish that they'd done those bits a little bit better.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: How the death's were handled...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 04:18:07 AM »
For some reason Sun and Jin's demise was reminiscint of the scene with Jack and Rose in Titanic. I'm a softie so I did cry cuz all I kept thinking about was their little girl who will never see her parents...ugh!!!!

Was sad to see Sayid go as well. It was too quick, I agree...and it made me wonder...was he ever really "infected" at all??

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:57:26 AM »
sayid at least needed to be shown upfront holding the bomb.. .expected sun to tell jin to go atleast for their daughter  ...still its just hard to feel sad for anybody considering they are all alive and well in alt timeline  ::)

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:33:34 AM »
sayid at least needed to be shown upfront holding the bomb.. .expected sun to tell jin to go atleast for their daughter  ...still its just hard to feel sad for anybody considering they are all alive and well in alt timeline  ::)

Yes and there they will raise their daughter together from her birth on.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 07:12:36 AM »
If that time line stays in tact....

Sayid at least went out a hero. Not a bad ending for a zombie.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 07:21:01 AM »
Don't tell me you guys are forgetting about the most important man to die last night. Frank, you will be missed. [/sarcasim]

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 09:20:54 AM »
Don't tell me you guys are forgetting about the most important man to die last night. Frank, you will be missed. [/sarcasim]

I'M going to miss Frank.  He had some of he best lines...and he was a hell of a fighter!

Bye Frank...we hardly got to know ya!

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 09:49:58 AM »
For some reason Sun and Jin's demise was reminiscint of the scene with Jack and Rose in Titanic. I'm a softie so I did cry cuz all I kept thinking about was their little girl who will never see her parents...ugh!!!!

Was sad to see Sayid go as well. It was too quick, I agree...and it made me wonder...was he ever really "infected" at all??

Totally agree with that.. it really had that epic Titanic feel to it.. and I cried so bad..  Was also expecting Sun to tell Jin he needed to go to be with Ji Yeon.

Do we know for sure Frank is dead?  Besides not seeing him wash up on the beach with Hurley, Kate, Jack and Sawyer I mean..

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 10:05:47 AM »
I liked how they handled Sayid's death. Let's face it, he's been pretty much a loner through the entire run of the series. His only emotiional connection was to Nadia, and she had already died. Sayid's always been a no-nonsense, take charge type of guy, and that's exactly what he did to the very end...I didn't need to see any slow motion running with haunting music, I much preferred seeing the cool, take-charge Sayid make his presence known one last time, and go out a hero.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 10:12:37 AM »
I'm kind of torn over this. I'm really glad that the writers have decided to sack up and start murdering people, but like james_sawyer said, it's not that hard to kill someone, when they will still be alive. The thing that kills me about all of this though is why they didn't kill Kate. The writers missed a really good opportunity to get rid of her at the hands of Widmore's crew, and totally blew it. But I guess that's why I'm not in charge of LOST.

Offline 00Dawg

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 10:36:25 AM »
I thought the Sun/Jin ending was decently done...I guess.  My wife kept asking why Sun didn't try to wriggle out of her pants, and I was expecting her to tell Jin to go take care of their daughter, but for whatever reason, they didn't go that route.

Sayid's death was indeed quick, but at least he died doing something worthwhile.  Lapidus got one last one-liner, and then went out like a punk.  I expected more for his character.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 10:38:53 AM »
I thought the Sun/Jin ending was decently done...I guess.  My wife kept asking why Sun didn't try to wriggle out of her pants, and I was expecting her to tell Jin to go take care of their daughter, but for whatever reason, they didn't go that route.

Sayid's death was indeed quick, but at least he died doing something worthwhile.  Lapidus got one last one-liner, and then went out like a punk.  I expected more for his character.

I was thinking the same thing!

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 10:40:49 AM »
didn't someone say in chat to cut her legs off  :o

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 10:43:08 AM »

I was thinking the same thing!

It wasn't just her pants leg caught on something, was it? I thought it was some metal railings pinning her against the wall.

Offline 00Dawg

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 10:44:14 AM »
It wasn't just her pants leg caught on something, was it? I thought it was some metal railings pinning her against the wall.
It was the railings, but she wasn't bleeding, so it looked like her pants were still intact, and she could've at least tried to get loose.