Author Topic: Smoke on the Water...  (Read 5862 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke on the Water...
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »
Maybe MIB can't be Smokey when he's under water.

Mabye that's why the entire Island's being under water will turn out to be some kind of ultimate defeat of MIB because he can never become Smokey again?

Well, he said he can't CROSS water, so I think he needs the solid ground of the island beneath him, but I like your idea that he would be in DEEP TROUBLE (heh, heh) if the whole island was under water.  That would kill the whole theory of 'MIB is good, he defeats Jacob, destroys the island, and treats everyone to a good life'.  I like the idea that they somehow sink the island as the only way to truly defeat the MIB.  It works perfectly in my mind and would definitely represent a huge 'sacrifice' for those still alive at that time, especially Desmond, who will probably be the only one with the power to do it.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2010, 04:31:12 PM »
Maybe MIB can't be Smokey when he's under water.

Ben had to unplug the drain underneath his house in order to "release" him.

This is one of those questions in the series which I'm beginning to doubt that the producers will end up explaining.

Why on earth would Ben have EVER wanted to release the MIB/Smokey?  Even when it was to save himself and defeat Widmore's people. It still makes no sense whatsoever.
Because, if the Others/Dharma had the ability to control or summon the MIB by using that drain, then doesn't that mean that they had been deliberately releasing him every time he showed up in the first few seasons and started killing people? 

Which makes it further strange that the Dharma camp would've needed the Pylons in the first place, if they already had MIB/Smokey contained under water using that drain. 

Actually, RM's post has me thinking that this story arc is going to be a major part of the finale and defeat of MIB.  And Ben summoning Smokie makes sense also.  They had the pylons to keep him out, but one of the vents leads straight into the village.  They plugged the vent and submerged it to keep him from entering that way (he can't move through water).  When Keamy's people had them trapped and after losing Alex, Ben drained the water and 'released the hounds' so to speak.  Makes sense to me.

Offline cookieshoes

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2010, 05:35:59 PM »
Ah, yes, that does make sense. Thanks!

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2010, 06:40:17 PM »
RM:  YES!  I think you are absolutely on to something. 

I say Kate sinks the island and MiB's dying words are:

"You cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting! melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness? Oooooh, look out! I'm going! Oooooh! Ooooooh! "

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 09:44:13 AM »

"You cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting! melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness? Oooooh, look out! I'm going! Oooooh! Ooooooh! "

LOL!  :D  And then with the sub gone and no jet pilot, they'll have to go back and get the real Henry Gale's hot air balloon to escape the rainbow, er....island!   :D ;D

And that reminds me....I know it's too late in the game now for more backstories, but I'd love to know where that guy came from in the first place!  His balloon had the Widmore name on it but they never confirmed that Charles sent him.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:48:04 AM by lostfan777 »

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2010, 10:23:20 AM »

LOL!  :D  And then with the sub gone and no jet pilot, they'll have to go back and get the real Henry Gale's hot air balloon to escape the rainbow, er....island!   :D ;D

And that reminds me....I know it's too late in the game now for more backstories, but I'd love to know where that guy came from in the first place!  His balloon had the Widmore name on it but they never confirmed that Charles sent him.

They might cover it a little bit, you never know. Might have something to do with the whole deal between Jacob and MiB. I only sound hopeful because I want to know too.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2010, 10:25:38 AM »

They might cover it a little bit, you never know. Might have something to do with the whole deal between Jacob and MiB. I only sound hopeful because I want to know too.

Yeah AND the balloon was sponsored by Nozz-A-La Cola. I want to know about THAT!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2010, 04:38:01 PM »
Remember when Locke blew up the other sub? The one Jack and Juliet were going to use to go home (season 3 I think).

Still another of the "it-happened-once-so-it's-going-to-happen-again" thingys.  Lots of quotes repeated that we've heard before. 

The Oceanic airplane (well, the front half anyway...) blew up when somebody was sucked into the jet engine.  Any chance that this Ajira plane will be revving up and somebody will get sucked into its engine?

What are some other "big" events that might happen again? 

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 10:56:22 PM »

LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7GJcKuVGm8&feature=related

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 11:00:25 PM »
On Land, Under Water..there is certainly something to it.

I also think that this will play into the endgame somehow,
just seemed significant when watching the episode.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2010, 12:51:55 AM »
Smoke on the weirdo.....