Author Topic: Death count tonight  (Read 6737 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Death count tonight
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2010, 09:49:51 AM »
I was using an extreme example to express my point. So if that offends you, fine, take any good painting by any painter, or any good piece of music by any musician, and use the same arguement. Can you say any brush stroke is pointless, or any note is pointless? They are pieces of the whole.

However, I do believe that Lost is as much of a masterpiece as has ever been on TV...and I've watched alot of TV in my day. So, it may not have the longevity of DaVinci over time...then again, it may. TV is a relatively young artform.

It doesn't offend me, and please don't apologize to me, LOL. It's just the internet. But in all seriousness, LOST is just a TV show, that's the only point I'm trying to make. There's no need to make it this grandiose thing.

Well, LOST is a tv show, but I wouldn't say it is on the same level as shows like CSI, or Seinfeld, or Cheers. I think LOST has attained a higher level of art and entertainment that makes it nearly impossible to compare to any other TV show. So, after 6 seasons and 100+ episodes, I think LOST is as close to a masterpiece as we have ever seen on TV. Now, is it on the same artistic level as a Da Vinci, or a Picasso? I don't think that case can be made right now. However, in 100 years, when the art of television has matured a bit, we may look back at LOST as being one of the first true television masterpieces.

This is turning into some kind of Anti-LOST rant on my part, but I seriously hope I have something better to talk about in 100 years. LOL

We still talk about great novels from 100+ years ago. Who's to say that future generations won't be studying certain television and film in the same way someday?

Well, like I said, I hope.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2010, 08:38:17 AM »
I was using an extreme example to express my point. So if that offends you, fine, take any good painting by any painter, or any good piece of music by any musician, and use the same arguement. Can you say any brush stroke is pointless, or any note is pointless? They are pieces of the whole.

However, I do believe that Lost is as much of a masterpiece as has ever been on TV...and I've watched alot of TV in my day. So, it may not have the longevity of DaVinci over time...then again, it may. TV is a relatively young artform.

It doesn't offend me, and please don't apologize to me, LOL. It's just the internet. But in all seriousness, LOST is just a TV show, that's the only point I'm trying to make. There's no need to make it this grandiose thing.

Well, LOST is a tv show, but I wouldn't say it is on the same level as shows like CSI, or Seinfeld, or Cheers. I think LOST has attained a higher level of art and entertainment that makes it nearly impossible to compare to any other TV show. So, after 6 seasons and 100+ episodes, I think LOST is as close to a masterpiece as we have ever seen on TV. Now, is it on the same artistic level as a Da Vinci, or a Picasso? I don't think that case can be made right now. However, in 100 years, when the art of television has matured a bit, we may look back at LOST as being one of the first true television masterpieces.

This is turning into some kind of Anti-LOST rant on my part, but I seriously hope I have something better to talk about in 100 years. LOL

We still talk about great novels from 100+ years ago. Who's to say that future generations won't be studying certain television and film in the same way someday?
No joke I can Watch My Cousin Vinny over and over...

The two Utes. Love that Movie

What is a "ute"?   ;D  (Perfect delivery.  As an uncultured Appalachian, I love it when movies make fun of a yankee accent for a change...)

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2010, 08:24:51 PM »
Utes is youths.  ;D

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2010, 08:10:05 AM »
Yeah, I know, but that's what Judge Munster said "What is a ute?"  So funny.   :D

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2010, 01:18:33 PM »
Omg. I'm slow today! I loved Fred Gwynne in that movie.