Author Topic: Where's Ben?  (Read 2973 times)

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Ben?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 09:06:40 AM »
Ben, Richard and Miles are together...supposedly getting the dynamite. 

Don't think they are important to UnLocke.  The 4 (3?) remaining candidates are who he is worried about.  (He KNEW some survived...hmmmmmmm).

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 09:22:29 AM »
Locke is now looking for Ben

Why do you think Locke is going after Ben? I figured he was heading after the survivors.

He told Claire that they were dead. He said there was only one more to get. Ben is the last candidate.

I thought he told Claire that not all of the them were dead - meaning he knew there were survivors from the sub.  I still think it's Jack.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »
Locke is now looking for Ben

Why do you think Locke is going after Ben? I figured he was heading after the survivors.

He told Claire that they were dead. He said there was only one more to get. Ben is the last candidate.

He didn't say there was "one more" to get...Claire said "They're all dead", and FLocke said "Not all of them", then said he was going to finish what he started.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »
I highly doubt it was Richard and them.  That would mean killing everyone else on board.  I think they'd just blow it up instead of placing a bomb and timer and risking someone finding it, especially when it probably wouldn't kill MIB.

Remember that the last thing Richard said to Jack was that they were going to blow up the plane and 'just don't get in our way!'  Also, Widmore wants MIB defeated/kept from leaving.  If he wanted to kill the losties, he wouldn't have locked them up, he would have just killed them or had them killed (if he can't do it himself).  I think the bomb on the plane was Richard and company, not Widmore.  I admit, I can't explain why they didn't just blow it up, though.  Maybe they thought there was a chance it could kill MIB?

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 04:46:56 PM »
Richard, Ben and Miles (RBM) plan to blow up the plane.  Why would they wire it to blow up only once started?  The plane had a severely bent wing that needed fixing.  While fixing the plane up the explosives might be found.  Why take the chance.  Just blow it up.

I think the C4 was Team Widmore.  They had guards at the plane.  The guard surely would have seen RBM wiring up the C4.  No, Widmore boobytrapped the plane.  RBM is still trasping thru the jungle.

And when Flocke said he was going to finish the job he started, why wouldn't this mean finish killing off Team Widmore?  He can't kill the candidates, and they might have a better understanding of this now, if they assume maybe Jack was right after all.

But the key is Desmond.  Widmore needs him back before Flocke kills off too many more of his team.  It must take several workers to operate the crate to send Desmond to the alternate timeline.  Widmore want to send Des there as the key part to the plan to defeat Flocke.  So Jack needs to liberate Des.  Des then will convince Jack and team to get him back over to Widmore and the magnetic crate of fun.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 03:33:40 AM »
I highly doubt it was Richard and them.  That would mean killing everyone else on board.  I think they'd just blow it up instead of placing a bomb and timer and risking someone finding it, especially when it probably wouldn't kill MIB.

The plane was wired to explode when they turned on the electrical power.  MIB stole the watch of the dead Widmore guy and McGuyvered the timer on his bomb he somehow put in Jack's backpack.  (We missed that scene, though -- did MIB switch backpacks with Jack when they were at the plane?)

Offline Walkabout V.2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 09:32:28 AM »

The plane was wired to explode when they turned on the electrical power.  MIB stole the watch of the dead Widmore guy and McGuyvered the timer on his bomb he somehow put in Jack's backpack.  (We missed that scene, though -- did MIB switch backpacks with Jack when they were at the plane?)

No, right before they started to make a break for the sub. Funny how both guys had the same color and style backpack.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 01:22:08 PM »
Yeah, I noticed right away that Flocke was the one who handed Jack his backpack when they were getting on the sub.  Never ever ever leave your luggage unattended or carry the luggage of another person.   ;)