Author Topic: Where's Ben?  (Read 2728 times)

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Where's Ben?
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:51:15 PM »
I need someone to jog my memory, where's Ben right now?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Ben?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:00:29 AM »
Ben and Miles went to New Otherton to get explosives.

Locke is now looking for Ben

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 12:01:41 AM »
Thank you! 

Offline PMMJ

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 01:18:07 AM »

Why do you think Locke is going after Ben? I figured he was heading after the survivors.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 02:38:10 AM »
Yeah, until MIB said it was Widmore's doing -- which, who knows if anything he says is true -- I figured that it was Richard, Ben and Miles' doing to wire the plane to blow up, since that's what they went off to do, right?

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 02:42:05 AM »
Kind of bothered me that it seems like Locke's group have been taking their sweet time, but Richard and them still haven't made it to the plane to blow it up.  I wonder if Locke is still planning on escaping on th e plane or if that was BS and his "escape" simply involves killing everyone.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 02:57:27 AM »
Richard seems to be a slow walker - IIRC, he was on his way to the temple and ran into Sawyer and Locke.  Sawyer and Locke went and picked up Jin and Claire, then made their way to the temple, and beat Richard there. 

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 03:50:45 AM »
Yeah, until MIB said it was Widmore's doing -- which, who knows if anything he says is true -- I figured that it was Richard, Ben and Miles' doing to wire the plane to blow up, since that's what they went off to do, right?

HEY!  I think you are right!!!  They wired it to destroy the plane, so Locke used it on the sub and poor slow Widmore knew nothing about it!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 04:02:09 AM »
I highly doubt it was Richard and them.  That would mean killing everyone else on board.  I think they'd just blow it up instead of placing a bomb and timer and risking someone finding it, especially when it probably wouldn't kill MIB.

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 06:37:44 AM »
he is coming  ..will make it in time to the finale  :P

Offline muggle_born

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 06:53:31 AM »
I'm pretty sure the dynamite in the Black Rock didn't evolve into C4 during its stay on the island.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 07:09:04 AM »
I'm pretty sure the dynamite in the Black Rock didn't evolve into C4 during its stay on the island.
No it did not, but the others have c4. We have seen it at the Flame station.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 07:10:06 AM »

Why do you think Locke is going after Ben? I figured he was heading after the survivors.

He told Claire that they were dead. He said there was only one more to get. Ben is the last candidate.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 07:43:24 AM »

He told Claire that they were dead. He said there was only one more to get. Ben is the last candidate.
I kinda took that scene as he knew/felt that some of them made it back to the beach, or that the Universe didn't look like someone divided by zero yet. The canidates were on the sub, once they are dead smokey can leave right. Smokey is binded to the island until they are all dead. I guess he still feels the chains holding him down.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 08:16:14 AM »
Right, which is why I believe it was placed there by Widmore.

As for how long it's taking to get anywhere, I was watching one of the podcasts and Damon and Carlton were asked something about how far away one spot on the island was from another since sometimes they got places in a couple of days and sometimes it was, like, an hour. They said that a writer for something (I want to say Star Trek?) was asked a similar story about the speed of the ships. That person answered "They travel at the speed of plot." So, Darlton explained, on the island everything takes as long to happen as is needed for the storyline. And (this is my opinion now) reading any more into it isn't going to get you anywhere.