Author Topic: LOST Finale extended by 30 minutes!  (Read 6735 times)

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: LOST Finale extended by 30 minutes!
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 01:14:54 PM »
Another question that has been bugging me...

What was the deal with Aaron. Why was he so important? Or wasn't he? Or did I just imagine that?

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
Darlton would say you just imagined it.   :D

Pay no attention to the baby and the psychic... nothing to see here... move along now...  shoo!  shoo!  Stop asking pesky questions for which there are no answers!   ;D

The whole "he HAS to raised by you" thing... the only thing I can come up with for that is that maybe originally it was going to be a way to encourage Claire to stay with Aaron rather than leaving him lying in the jungle and wandering away to be with Christian/MIB.  Or maybe to encourage Claire to finally decide to come with Sawyer and Kate on the Ajira plane to leave the island for good.  But neither of those things really were tied into that "he HAS to be raised by you" thing at the time they happened, so... *shrug*  I can only assume it was one of those myriad threads that just got dropped before they had actually decided what the "mystique" of the island was, and they never needed to take it up again.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 11:00:52 AM »
I'm half inclined to agree on this one Madam. The thing about a 6 season series is that it does evolve, as I think everyone would agree Lost did. The issue with the psychic is one where you COULD buy Darlton's explaination that he was a hack and happened to get it right, but I don't really think that is the case seeing as how he returned her money. Maybe what he saw was a forshadowing of the events that would happen to Aaron. Maybe he saw that and then tried to convince Claire that she should not get on the plane to give Aaron away. Maybe all that happened while Jacob was watching, and went to see the psychic to inform him of the part Claire may be destined for as a candidate. Jacob tells him he needs to make sure Claire is on that plane.

Or like you said Madam, they had a plan to develope the story with this theme at the center and then were forced to abandon it when the full scope of the story took shape after season 1 when they decided there would be a Jacob and a Man in Black, and the Light and all that.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 06:06:22 PM »
I'm half inclined to agree on this one Madam. The thing about a 6 season series is that it does evolve, as I think everyone would agree Lost did. The issue with the psychic is one where you COULD buy Darlton's explaination that he was a hack and happened to get it right, but I don't really think that is the case seeing as how he returned her money. Maybe what he saw was a forshadowing of the events that would happen to Aaron. Maybe he saw that and then tried to convince Claire that she should not get on the plane to give Aaron away. Maybe all that happened while Jacob was watching, and went to see the psychic to inform him of the part Claire may be destined for as a candidate. Jacob tells him he needs to make sure Claire is on that plane.

I think he foresaw Kate raising Aaron and also saw that it made Claire crazy so he wanted to make sure she raised him and not a squirrel baby. He may have even been seen her following Christian/MIB into the jungle and abondoning Aaron.... this is the theory that makes the most sense in my head even if TPTB had originally had a different idea about it.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 10:25:55 PM »

What was the deal with Aaron. Why was he so important? Or wasn't he? Or did I just imagine that?

All smoke mirrors and a baby that was important for Kate to be crossed off the list i mean really give us all that and then dump like on a date

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2010, 01:13:27 PM »

All smoke mirrors and a baby that was important for Kate to be crossed off the list i mean really give us all that and then dump like on a date

If all of that elaborate storyline was just to get to "explain" Kate being crossed off the list, then I say, DAMMIT TPTB...WHAT THE FREAKIN H?!?!?!?!?!? 

Sorry. Just had to spew some hate for a second. Just a lil bit. I'm okay now. Really.                                           meh.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »
I really think they accomplished their entire purpose in the start we had WTF's , Theorist and Huh/Duh's and in the end they left the door slightly ajar for the WTF's and Theorist just to see how far and how long we would be on the "fringe"