Author Topic: LOST Finale extended by 30 minutes!  (Read 4123 times)

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: LOST Finale extended by 30 minutes!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »
Alert!  DVR's set to record the series will probably stop recording at 11:00!  Be sure to set your machines to record the news that night also if you aren't going to be watching it live.  Imagine waiting all this time for the end and then getting the last half hour cut off!   :o
I don't think so. Mine doesn't work that way anyway. When the episodes go past 11 (like they have been 11:03, 11:05...) mine keeps recording. I think its based on the "block" that represents the show in the listings. As long as that block extends to 11:30, the DVR recordings should too.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 02:07:35 PM »
Alert!  DVR's set to record the series will probably stop recording at 11:00!  Be sure to set your machines to record the news that night also if you aren't going to be watching it live.  Imagine waiting all this time for the end and then getting the last half hour cut off!   :o
I don't think so. Mine doesn't work that way anyway. When the episodes go past 11 (like they have been 11:03, 11:05...) mine keeps recording. I think its based on the "block" that represents the show in the listings. As long as that block extends to 11:30, the DVR recordings should too.

Yes, if TPTB at the station have programmed the block for the extension.  But when shows like Idol go a minute or so over, it cuts off.  Hopefully the people in charge will see the problems this would cause and will change the tv lineup to reflect the extension before then.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 02:18:52 PM »
Mixed feelings here. Excited for when I actually see it - but still angry/jealous that I won't be watching the same night as all you guys - as I'll be in a hut without phones or electricity in the middle of a rain forest in northern Thailand that night.   Booooo! (kind of).

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 02:40:29 PM »
Maybe I'm just a cynic, but my first impression was, ok so they have 10 mins. of extra Lost and 20 mins. of extra commercials.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 03:16:18 PM »
Maybe I'm just a cynic, but my first impression was, ok so they have 10 mins. of extra Lost and 20 mins. of extra commercials.
Hahah good point.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 03:37:16 PM »
Mixed feelings here. Excited for when I actually see it - but still angry/jealous that I won't be watching the same night as all you guys - as I'll be in a hut without phones or electricity in the middle of a rain forest in northern Thailand that night.   Booooo! (kind of).

That kind of sucks, but say hi to Achara for me.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »
This is good news. Especially since they still have so many questions to answer!

But they won't be answering everything.  As a matter of fact, they have admitted that we will be left wondering exactly what they meant when it's over.  NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Oh crap. I hate that. I need CLOSURE dammit!!!! C-L-O-S-U-R-E!!!!!!!!! 

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 08:13:07 PM »
Mixed feelings here. Excited for when I actually see it - but still angry/jealous that I won't be watching the same night as all you guys - as I'll be in a hut without phones or electricity in the middle of a rain forest in northern Thailand that night.   Booooo! (kind of).

No worries, there is always DVR, but there isn't always the chance to be in the jungles of Thailand.
Fantastic Journey, Zeek!

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 09:44:50 PM »

No worries, there is always DVR, but there isn't always the chance to be in the jungles of Thailand.
Fantastic Journey, Zeek!
WHAT????  Are you nuts?  Those forests have been there for like ever.  The Lost finale only comes once!  The jungles will be there, my friend!!!

Just kidding... that sounds like an amazing trip.  Have a blast and just think that coming home from vacation won't be so bad, now!

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 06:00:44 PM »
Hahah good point.
Good point and probably close to reality...milk it for all it's worth!

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 12:08:09 AM »
I hope we get more answers in that extra half hour, even if it's only for what they think is silly stupid stuff. I kind of think they owe the loyal fans something here. A lot of the interviews lately from the producers have been, "you're not going to get the answers you want" statements and the reaction from loyal fans has been negative. I'd like to think they're like, "Hey, you know, we should probably toss them a bone or two and reveal some things." (A girl can dream, can't she?)

I'm sure for every one of us fans out there who have stuck with Lost, there are five who at some point - whether they got tired of (a.)unanswered questions or (b.) ABC jerking Lost around the schedule or (c.) too many re-runs interrupting the season - gave up and quit. We've stuck with it, defended it and supported it and dammit they do owe us some kinds of answers here.  I've gotten so tired of hearing for years, "Oh, don't worry, we know how it will end" and then the end approaches and they're all, "well, yeah, we said we knew how it ended, only we're not so sure we're going to tell you now." >:(

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 05:23:00 AM »

Was it just me, or did there seem like an Oprah ton worth of commercials during the finale? I fear my prediction might have been pretty close to the mark. lol

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 03:29:08 PM »

Was it just me, or did there seem like an Oprah ton worth of commercials during the finale? I fear my prediction might have been pretty close to the mark. lol
According to EW.com, there were about 45 minutes worth of commercials during the 2 1/2 hours, but that is inline with a standard 2 1/2 hour period (again, according to them).

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »

According to EW.com, there were about 45 minutes worth of commercials during the 2 1/2 hours, but that is inline with a standard 2 1/2 hour period (again, according to them).

At times it seemed like they would show one scene and then go to commercial. It may have been a standard amount of commercials (jury still out) but the pacing certainly wasn't well done.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 03:54:30 PM »
This is good news. Especially since they still have so many questions to answer!

Something tells me that they didn't answer all your questions