Author Topic: And we have closure on THAT topic...  (Read 8792 times)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
And we have closure on THAT topic...
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:21:30 PM »
So does this FINALLY put to rest the issue of whether MiB is good or bad? If not, I'd LOVE to hear how twisted you sound.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: And we have closure on THAT topic...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 12:01:49 AM »
I would agree that unlocke is the bad guy now. He does not care about anyone. Just kill the candidates and his self off that island.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 12:06:42 AM »
Yeah that Episode was pretty awesome. Wrenching, but awesome.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 02:44:48 AM »
The argument I've always made for MIB is that we don't know enough about his backstory or his motivations.  So what may seem evil to us could just be necessary collateral damage to him.  I simply don't trust Jacob either, and it keeps bringing me back to Myst.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 02:56:14 AM »
No doubt the MiB is evil.  What remains to be seen, IMHO, is about Jacob.  Good, or evil in a way too and opposed to MiB for reasons other than good vs. evil?

Offline lamporium

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 03:12:51 AM »
They had an interview with the producers in which they say:

Cuse: “There is no ambiguity. He is evil and he has to be stopped.” … “There will be very little debate at the end of this episode that [Fake Locke] is evil and bad and has to be stopped. The main narrative reason for him killing our main characters is to establish how much of a bad guy he is and to clearly identify him as the antagonist rolling into the end of the series.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/04/losts-final-episode-extended-30-minutes/

Offline YouAllEverybody

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 03:23:32 AM »
I_am_Jacob,

Can't say I had much emotion in this episode. It's been along time coming, maybe the best episode with them at focus. Good episode though...

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 05:01:41 AM »
NO!  No closure at all!  Maybe all that "Evil" Locke is doing is trying to kill all of them off because that is the only way they can reach that wonderful world in the other timeline....And if he fails it simply CEASES TO EXIST. 

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 06:25:49 AM »
he is evil and twisted ..2 bad believed him initially   >:(

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 06:47:27 AM »
Today he was totally bad.
He foresaw Sawyer's con to throw MIB in the water and leave the island without him and used Jack to try to kill them all.
But it's not a closure on that topic.
There are still 3 episodes left and one of them has to explain why they all had to die.
The topic maybe will be closed after the last episode.
Than you can say I wish you had believed me. Not yet.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 08:23:01 AM »
Now why would the writers not leave the ambiguity going?
I still think there is a chance that MIB is not evil (which doesn't mean he's good). If by killing all the candidates he somehow denies the island and makes it sink, starting the alternate timeline where EVERYBODY IS ALIVE (including Boone, Shannon, Charlie & co.), MIB would just be doing them all a favor.
There is no important figure in the ALT timeline that we haven't seen, which kind of suggests that Jacob doesn't have a successor.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 08:27:56 AM »
 MIB is totally bad, wrong, and evil. When you have a character (MIB) that kills the main characters, protagonists, and heroes, then that character is evil. No way around it.

Some say they all died in order to get the the alt timeline somehow; however, all I see now is an evil MIB. I am not even sure is the alt timeline is controlled by MIB. Perhaps Jacob is controlling it.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 08:40:16 AM »
I am still not sold that he is evil. He didn't try to kill them all, he gave them a choice and they decided to not take him on the sub with him. Had he gotten on the sub he would have turnd off the bomb. He didn't kill them, he can't kill them. They as Jack put it, have to kill each other. Next week should shed some light on the MiB/Jacob story and maybe even the bet.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 08:46:04 AM »
He's obviously not Saint Peter, but I'm not sure he's as evil as Jacob made him look (if he gets out, the world will be an evil place; heck, the world already IS an evil place). He may not be connected to the alt timeline, and he may be selfish. But he might just want to leave the island in order to be free, and not to "reign in terror" over the world. He is trapped by Jacob and the candidates are a threat to his new found freedom. Were the Haiti slaves who overturned there masters evil ? What would you do in his shoes? He's probably been acting as Smoke Monster for over 2000 years.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 08:58:20 AM »
I am still not sold that he is evil. He didn't try to kill them all, he gave them a choice and they decided to not take him on the sub with him. Had he gotten on the sub he would have turnd off the bomb. He didn't kill them, he can't kill them. They as Jack put it, have to kill each other. Next week should shed some light on the MiB/Jacob story and maybe even the bet.
Jack didn't say "we have to kill each other" he said "He's trying to get us to kill each other." MIB wants them all dead. There is no two ways about it. He's not giving them choices anymore. He knew they were going to betray him. The only thing he wants is them dead. He doesn't want to leave the island for the alternate timeline he wants to go somewhere completely different. He's a freakin column of black smoke. What is he going to do in the real world?