Author Topic: Jin and Sun resolution  (Read 4401 times)

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Jin and Sun resolution
« on: May 04, 2010, 11:14:18 PM »
I'm sad that they are gone and disappointed that they didn't get a better, more full ending.

I had a bad feeling when they spent time on the sweet ring exchange, daughter update, I'll never leave you bit.

So why, oh why, did Sun not even consider sending Jin to their daughter instead of a pointless death together?

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Jin and Sun resolution
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 11:18:38 PM »
I spent that scene thinking, "oh great. Now we get get the reverse version of Sun leaving Jin on the freighter." And then... they didn't do that. They surprised me.

So maybe because it was too obvious? I'm just trying to think like a writer.

Offline jinfan

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 11:25:19 PM »
cant....stop...sobbing

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 11:44:41 PM »
i didn't like it.  they deserved a better ending.
so does this mean they aren't going to make it in the other timeline too?

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 11:50:01 PM »
You knew a few weeks ago that they were going to die and soon.  Keamey told Jin some people just aren't meant to be together, as soon as he said that I thought and heeeere we go.

Thought she was going to die, always thought Jin was one of the candidates.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 12:05:59 AM »
i didn't like it.  they deserved a better ending.
so does this mean they aren't going to make it in the other timeline too?

THey showed Jin alive at the end of the episode in the other time line. Looks like one does not affect the other.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 12:20:31 AM »
They were doomed last week the moment Jin said "We will never be apart again"

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 12:25:57 AM »
Just posted on ew.com by cuse and lindelof

Why was it so important for Lost to prove that it can be downright homicidal during its last season? To establish once and for all that the Locke-ness Monster is the true villain of season 6 and quite possibly all of Lost. “There is no ambiguity,” says Cuse. “He is evil and he has to be stopped

This is the greatest news I have heard this evening. Thank you so much for this reference Jug. Awesome find.

Offline PMMJ

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 01:37:46 AM »
THey showed Jin alive at the end of the episode in the other time line. Looks like one does not affect the other.

And he was bringing flowers to the hospital, which makes me think Sun survived also.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 02:22:05 AM »
Their poor daughter is an orphan now.  That is so sad.  :(

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 02:45:04 AM »
Yeah, but . . .

they're all going to die (except Jack) in this original timeline, ain't they?

It just didn't happen to all of them at once.

What this proved to me, though, was that it was JIN who was the actual candidate and not Sun.

The candidates can't kill themselves except to sacrifice themselves for the ultimate candidate -- once Sayid said, "it's going to be you, Jack" then he could take the bomb and kill himself in the process.  Once Jin told Jack to go, he could sacrifice his own life to save Jack (even though it also meant dying along with Sun).  Sun was only sacrificing herself for Jin, not Jack.  So, for me, she wasn't the ultimate candidate; it was Jin.

Offline lamporium

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 03:16:59 AM »

Exactly what I thought. I was thinking he would leave Sun, so his daughter would not become an orphan and still have one of them. Makes me think it was a little selfish of Jin, choosing to die with Sun, rather than living without her and actually raise their child. I know it's a bit callous, seeing as they just died on the show, and I actually do like them as a couple on the show, but seriously, am I alone on this?

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 04:07:35 AM »
Makes me think it was a little selfish of Jin, choosing to die with Sun, rather than living without her and actually raise their child.

I don't know, I thought it was fine.  Jin had just finished a conversation with Sun verifying that their daughter was safe in the care of her grandmother, so that could have been a factor in his decision. Plus, escaping the sub without Sun... well, let's just say some of us aren't holding out too much hope for anybody to get off this island alive.  I don't think Jin was under any illusion that a safe return home to be with his daughter was a likely outcome, even if he made it off the sub.  So I'd say he made a noble and good decision to stay with his wife and comfort her in her final minutes, rather than abandoning her to a lonely demise.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 06:28:20 AM »
Just posted on ew.com by cuse and lindelof

Why was it so important for Lost to prove that it can be downright homicidal during its last season? To establish once and for all that the Locke-ness Monster is the true villain of season 6 and quite possibly all of Lost. “There is no ambiguity,” says Cuse. “He is evil and he has to be stopped

If the show did not end this discussion, then these quotes do.

I don't like that at all and I really don't believe that Cuse and Lindelof will just tell us who the bad guy is, 2 episodes from the end, while they are doing everything to try to hide the end. Filming on secret locations, filming the end in the middle, forbiding the actors to tell anything, giving only scripts to the ones involved etc.
You believe they are just giving away that MIB is evil and will be killed? Than what is left to discuss? How MIB is going to die? How the timelines will connect?
I still believe that  MIB will be the hero, even if today he was really totally bad. Loved it.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 07:58:01 AM »

Maybe Kate can go steal her and raise her as her own. ;)