Author Topic: Jin and Sun resolution  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Jin and Sun resolution
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 08:06:24 AM »
THey showed Jin alive at the end of the episode in the other time line. Looks like one does not affect the other.

And he was bringing flowers to the hospital, which makes me think Sun survived also.

Don't forget, that scene takes place 3 years in the past and in an alternate universe. It's the editing that is throwing you off, like 2 episodes ago Mib thowing Des in a hole and then Des running down Locke.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 09:18:49 AM »
Their poor daughter is an orphan now.  That is so sad.  :(

Maybe Kate can go steal her and raise her as her own. ;)

:D  perfect!

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 10:15:11 AM »

Maybe Kate can go steal her and raise her as her own. ;)

:D  perfect!
yup sounds like the perfect job for her

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 10:18:37 AM »
Makes me think it was a little selfish of Jin, choosing to die with Sun, rather than living without her and actually raise their child.

I don't know, I thought it was fine.  Jin had just finished a conversation with Sun verifying that their daughter was safe in the care of her grandmother, so that could have been a factor in his decision. Plus, escaping the sub without Sun... well, let's just say some of us aren't holding out too much hope for anybody to get off this island alive.  I don't think Jin was under any illusion that a safe return home to be with his daughter was a likely outcome, even if he made it off the sub.  So I'd say he made a noble and good decision to stay with his wife and comfort her in her final minutes, rather than abandoning her to a lonely demise.

My thoughts exactly. Not to mention, their daughter has never met or even seen Jin, so it's not as if she's gonna miss him. As well as Jin is supposed to have died in the plane crash according to the Oceanic Six's story. Kinda hard to have ol' dad showing up when there's a grave at the local cemetery with his name on it lol. Now, add onto that the possibility that Sun and Jin's daughter might resent the fact that mom went to find dad, but dad came back alone without mom. "Where's mommy?...And who are you??"  

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 10:53:39 AM »
Look, I liked the Kwons as much as the next person, and perhaps I liked Sun a little too much, who knows, but I think we're all happy that this story is over. I mean it was predictable anyway. As soon as we saw them get back together, we all knew they were going to die. Their exit may not have been as glorious as some of the other characters on the show, but at least it's done.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »
Yeah, but . . .

they're all going to die (except Jack) in this original timeline, ain't they?

It just didn't happen to all of them at once.

What this proved to me, though, was that it was JIN who was the actual candidate and not Sun.

The candidates can't kill themselves except to sacrifice themselves for the ultimate candidate -- once Sayid said, "it's going to be you, Jack" then he could take the bomb and kill himself in the process.  Once Jin told Jack to go, he could sacrifice his own life to save Jack (even though it also meant dying along with Sun).  Sun was only sacrificing herself for Jin, not Jack.  So, for me, she wasn't the ultimate candidate; it was Jin.

Possible, but that's not how I took the episode.  I think that the bomb would not have gone off if sawyer hadn't pulled the wires because Flocke put it there and he CAN'T kill the candidates.  His plan was for one of them to panic and try to dismantle the bomb, thereby doing the killing for him.  Sawyer fell for it and caused the resulting deaths.  Sawyer himself did not die, which also follows the idea that they can't kill themselves.  Sayid didn't kill himself by taking the bomb, he was marked for death as soon as Sawyer decided to pull the wires.  By taking the bomb out of the room, he accepted that he was about to die anyway and was just trying to save the others.
Sooooo, I still don't know if the candidate was Sun or Jin, but it hardly matters now.  There's still their daughter, though......who knows?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 12:25:32 PM »
At this point I guess it doesn't matter anymore who the candidate was....   :(

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »
Bottomline - I appreciated the sad sentiment and love and sacrifice it presented, but in the end I expect them to both be alive in the final resolution of the timelines.  Couldn't cry, as my hunch is both live.  Instead, I appreciated a loving ending given to them in this timeline.

But then I'm a "never-ending love, forever faithful and no divorce" kind of guy.  Dying together seems right, in a way.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 04:20:01 PM »
Ooooh, I just realized something, Jin and SUn are NOT the Adam and Eve skeletons. LOL

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »
Yeah not unless someone goes a-diving

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 04:43:21 PM »
Ooooh, I just realized something, Jin and SUn are NOT the Adam and Eve skeletons. LOL

Well, that makes the list a bit shorter! Another mystery almost solved!

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 06:22:16 PM »

Exactly what I thought. I was thinking he would leave Sun, so his daughter would not become an orphan and still have one of them. Makes me think it was a little selfish of Jin, choosing to die with Sun, rather than living without her and actually raise their child. I know it's a bit callous, seeing as they just died on the show, and I actually do like them as a couple on the show, but seriously, am I alone on this?

No, you're not alone on this.  I fully expected one or the other of them to die, but not both.  I thought at least one of them had to go back to raise their daughter.  And because I'm practical (unlike romantic lostfromthestart, LOL) I was going "What a total waste!  Why do they both have to die?  SOMEbody has to go back to raise that kid and protect her from her evil grandpa Paik and make sure that she grows up knowing what a great mom she had!"  So yeah, I totally thought Sun would say "Jin, you have to go baaack .... for our daughter's sake."  But noooooo...  It seemed very un-Sun-like, to me...

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 06:23:43 PM »
Ooooh, I just realized something, Jin and Sun are NOT the Adam and Eve skeletons. LOL

AWESOME!  Put that baby to bed!   :D