Poll

Please give "The Candidate" a rating and tell us what you thought of the episode in the comments.

4 (21.1%)
6 (31.6%)
3 (15.8%)
0 (0%)
1 (5.3%)
2 (10.5%)
0 (0%)
1 (5.3%)
1 (5.3%)
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Episode 6x14 Rating  (Read 3334 times)

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Episode 6x14 Rating
« on: May 04, 2010, 09:40:05 PM »
C'mon, you know you want to tell us what you thought!!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x14 Rating
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:47:45 PM »
Heard this is a good episode. Very important to the overall story. Looking forward to a 10

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 04:13:29 AM »
I cannot rate this episode because it left me in such turmoil about the end of my favorite show.  I think JB said he was not happy with Sun and Jin's reunion right?  Well, their farewell made up for it.  I am heartbroken over their loss.  It is depressing. 

I'm glad that Desmond brought redemption to Sayid before his demise also.

I hate goodbyes. This sucks.

{Yay Jack!}

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 06:23:13 AM »
I gave it a 9. The only reason I didn't give it a 10 is that the last heart wrenching death we had when Charlie died was by drowning and Des had to leave him.
I would have preferred if Jin and Sun died some other way.

I loved the Jack and Locke interaction. I loved how Jack is now Locke and Sawyer is now Jack. Jack is a main of faith and says don't touch the bomb, and Sawyer is the man of science/bull in a china shop and just yanks the wires. Now Sawyer is responsible for killing Sun, Jin, Sayid and Frank. Like Jack was killing Juliet.

Another nit pick as someone else pointed out is the night and day cycling. It seems they just cranked out these episodes and filmed scenes that should have been in the day, in the night. It jumps around like the island is fast forwarding through time. It's day in one scene, then all of the sudden it's night. Then it's day the next scene.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 04:16:38 PM »
 I gave it a 9 as another underwater death scene too much. Though it was heart breaking  knew one of them wasn't going to make it  but never though both of them. Sayid's death was almost anti climactic, though he did sound like the old Sayid just before he blew up. 
I think that if Sawyer had left the wires alone  it would not  have blown up  so are the deaths on him or UnLocke.

The Sideways scenes with Jack and Claire and the music: box nice wrap  up (Catch A falling Star and Rosseau's music box) The Locke and Jack scenes were great for complete role reversal. 
Jack's speech to the other original Oceanic 815 was great but I still think Jack won't be picked I still say it will be Hurley.  But where is Richard, Ben and Miles? Ben and Richard know that island better than anyone, they would have shown up by now. I think they planted the C4 on the plane.

Sad so few episodes left least we got an extra half hour for the finale now running two and half hours, so many questions to be answered.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 09:57:15 PM »
I gave this a five. 

Much wasted time, we get that MIB is bad, but whatever.  Both Claire and Sayid had a real character change and not surprised Desmond is alive.

As for Sun and Jin okay this was rather annoying just plain annoying.  The one couple who deserved to be so joyous and the limited discussion of their daughter was well, similar to someone just teasing you with a smell of small taste of a meal you were waiting to indulge.  It was, sorry not up to the standards of years past.  The music, yes I queued into that was good but the dance of the Kwans was not the homage that I would have expeced for this extrodinary couple who have gone through hell and back to be together.

She lives in alternative life but they died together at least. 

Other wise okay, Kate lives, we know she loves Jack and well MIB is a bastard. 
I look forward to Over the Sea while I am over the pond.

Oh trust me you will hear from Lil  ;) ;D

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 03:30:36 AM »
I gave it a five.  I'm really very lukewarm on this one.  Sun and Jin deserved better.  Sayid deserved better.  Last week was so-so for me as well.  I hope it gets better.  There aren't that many episodes left!  There is one thing that I like and that is that evil apperently doesn't last long and MIB isn't as in control as he seems.  Sayid rebeled against him and I suppose Claire did, too.  And Jack.  So it takes more than letting MIB talk to lose your soul to him.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 08:35:37 PM »
I gave it an 8. It simply didn't hit me as hard as I'd hoped it would if two of my favorite characters (plus Sun and Jin) died in the same show. Sayid's was selfless, which was nice. Frank's death was over before it happened, but they spent 10 minutes on Sun and Jin, two people who I just don't really care about any more. But most of the lines were predictable and cliche at this point. Hurley's crying was not that moving for me. I'm thinking that 8 is pretty generous even.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 09:41:43 PM »
Went with the 8. Was a fast paced exciting episode that lacked some sense. To give up on that plane plan so fast was a bit unreal. Couldn't everyone just search the plane for my c4?

It made a strong line in the sand. Flocke is bad, way bad. No question about that now. he must have the candidates dead to leave the island.

Great last scene with Jack and locke.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 06:32:53 PM »
9 - I like it when stuff happens.  Stuff happened.  Yay!  Caught up with my ratings!