Author Topic: A new (Somewhat Stolen-Thanks Bob) Theory on the Sideverse  (Read 2179 times)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
A new (Somewhat Stolen-Thanks Bob) Theory on the Sideverse
« on: April 23, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »
So we have all been kind of thinking that we can only have one outcome or another regarding our two universes. What if that is the case for each individual Lostie? A theory was posed in another thread thinking the whole thing was a sort of test. Each time this test was carried out, everyone always choosed the "Better" life in the Sideverse. Jacob is looking for someone to stay behind and choose the island in spite of knowing there is another universe out there they could be living in. MiB is hoping that none of the players choose to stay so he can win the game. Also if he kills all the players and Jacob has no replacement he gets to go free.

What if every one of the Losties gets their choice in some way. So Sawyer can live in the world where he is a cop, and Jack can choose the Island. They can BOTH exist for different people. Just using those two characters as examples, but you know what I mean.

Thoughts?

Offline jib22

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: A new (Somewhat Stolen-Thanks Bob) Theory on the Sideverse
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 02:35:28 PM »
Also if he kills all the players and Jacob has no replacement he gets to go free.

It was my understanding that MIB needed the Losties alive and well because he needs them to leave the island with him to successfully "uncork" his evil.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:50:41 PM »
I think that's what we are meant to think for the time being. I think MiB is going to try to kill them before the series

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 05:47:50 PM »
So we have all been kind of thinking that we can only have one outcome or another regarding our two universes. What if that is the case for each individual Lostie? A theory was posed in another thread thinking the whole thing was a sort of test. Each time this test was carried out, everyone always choosed the "Better" life in the Sideverse. Jacob is looking for someone to stay behind and choose the island in spite of knowing there is another universe out there they could be living in. MiB is hoping that none of the players choose to stay so he can win the game. Also if he kills all the players and Jacob has no replacement he gets to go free.

What if every one of the Losties gets their choice in some way. So Sawyer can live in the world where he is a cop, and Jack can choose the Island. They can BOTH exist for different people. Just using those two characters as examples, but you know what I mean.

Thoughts?

I like this idea a lot.  It would certainly explain the candidates and how one would be selected.

I'd say at this point it wouldn't be a tough choice for Sayid - he's screwed in both worlds so why not become the new Jacob? 

For the other candidates, things are mostly better in the Alt, so would be a tougher choice.  And of course in the main timeline Locke is dead so how can he have a choice? 

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 12:39:25 PM »
What if...I know this is a stretch, but what if John Locke CAN have a choice? What if Jack is able to eliminate MiB somehow and they can ALL choose the sideverse, because MiB will no longer need to be contained. What if in the process of killing MiB, John Locke is revived on island? I know this is a long shot, but it may be explained to us when we get the rules that this is what happens if MiB dies while inhabitting someone else's body. Another sort of "Thanks for Playing" gesture.