Author Topic: Shouldn't someone ask Richard about the bomb?  (Read 3323 times)

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Shouldn't someone ask Richard about the bomb?
« on: March 20, 2010, 11:27:55 PM »
Seems like one of the team Jughead people would have asked the one person they know was there then what happened between him giving them Jughead and hustling Eloise out of the temple and them showing up in 2007.
Hurley and Jack have both spent a lot of time with Richard in the last couple of episodes. I can't believe one of them wouldn't have said "So, remember back in 1977 when you gave us the trigger for Jughead? Well, seconds after we detonated it we ended up in 2007 at the site of the imploded Swan. What happened in the intervening 30 years?"

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Shouldn't someone ask Richard about the bomb?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 12:09:26 AM »
Excellent point.  I guess they just figure it didn't change the past - whatever happened, happened.  In other words, Jughead went off, which caused the Incident, which caused the Swan hatch to be built with all that concrete covering up the electromagnetic anomaly (remember Sayid referencing Chernobyl), which meant the button had to be pushed, and then Desmond didn't push the button and 815 crashed.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:42:54 PM »
I think they assume the bomb never went off

they dropped it down and nothing happened for a minute or two,
Juliette smashed it with a rock, but they don't know that
Juliette lived so they think the bomb didn't go off

they just assumed another "flash" happened, like the one that took them off the plane and scattered them in 1977 and 2007

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »
The only thing I don't understand is that Richard told Sun, Flocke and Ben back in Follow The Leader that he saw them all die in 1977.  So maybe the fact that they disappeared made him assume they died, and it wasn't because the bomb went off?

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 09:15:20 AM »
The only thing I don't understand is that Richard told Sun, Flocke and Ben back in Follow The Leader that he saw them all die in 1977.  So maybe the fact that they disappeared made him assume they died, and it wasn't because the bomb went off?

That's the only thing you don't understand?   ;D  The things I don't understand about Lost would fill volumes!  I think you're right.  Richard just made an assumption that they died.  I hope we find out Tuesday.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 06:21:13 PM »
I still think the bomb didn't go off -- they just flashed back to 2007 because of the release of the EM energy.

What I don't get is why isn't Richard surprised to see them if he told Sun that he watched them all die in 1977.  (But I guess that Richard has probably seen way weirder stuff than dead people reappearing, though.)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 06:39:02 PM »
I still think the bomb didn't go off -- they just flashed back to 2007 because of the release of the EM energy.

What I don't get is why isn't Richard surprised to see them if he told Sun that he watched them all die in 1977.  (But I guess that Richard has probably seen way weirder stuff than dead people reappearing, though.)

Sure.  By now he takes it all in stride. 

Offline Harry Erickson

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 12:27:01 PM »
why ruin the fun of mystery  :P

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 10:05:37 PM »

Sure.  By now he takes it all in stride. 
I bet they still have to go back in time once more, and this time he does see them all die.

Though I hope that's not the case...

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »
Seems like one of the team Jughead people would have asked the one person they know was there then what happened between him giving them Jughead and hustling Eloise out of the temple and them showing up in 2007.
Hurley and Jack have both spent a lot of time with Richard in the last couple of episodes. I can't believe one of them wouldn't have said "So, remember back in 1977 when you gave us the trigger for Jughead? Well, seconds after we detonated it we ended up in 2007 at the site of the imploded Swan. What happened in the intervening 30 years?"

Why would they start talking to each other now?? It's only been 6 years (for the viewers).

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »
Yeah, I'm not going to get all bent out of shape because they aren't asking the obvious (like, "Hey, Richard...what did you MEAN when you said you saw us all die? Were there bodies? Did you make an assumption that we did because the explosion was so big? And by the way, what exactly ARE Jacob and MIB? And were you aware of Desmond in the hatch? What exactly ARE the numbers?").

They even spoofed themselves on LOST with the old "I'm not in the loop" so I guess we just have to continue to suspend disbelief.