Author Topic: What is the X verse date?  (Read 2230 times)

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
What is the X verse date?
« on: April 21, 2010, 01:39:20 PM »
While thinking about the epilog idea in another thread, I started to wonder if we have ever seen anything solid that dates the X verse as Sep 2004. So far the only thing I can think of is Alex is school aged but she was dead so she doesn't count. What if people are not getting memories from Island time 3 years in the future, rather remembering the past. What if after the finale Jacob or MiB (which ever turns out to be the good guy) gives them a new life to live happily ever after. I think I started confusing myself.

Did we every see any thing with a date on it? License plate, paperwork or a phone perhaps?

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What is the X verse date?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 02:11:25 PM »
There's Claire's sonogram with 10/22/04 on it, which was officially explained as her due date.

Randy and Helen both referred to "October" in conversations with John consistent with it being next month.

Don't see any reason for them to pull shenigans and claim that this Flight 815 X wasn't also on 9/22/04.

--

You'd think Jack and David would have some side conversation about the Red Sox in the World Series, but I don't recall anything.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 02:13:11 PM »
Sawyer specifically just referred to the plane trip to Kate as "last week".  Maybe also Desmond to Claire.  So the specific date of this episode could be 9/29/04 or thereabouts.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
Plus, Jack's cell phone is sooooo 2004 ;)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 01:26:29 PM »
While thinking about the epilog idea in another thread, I started to wonder if we have ever seen anything solid that dates the X verse as Sep 2004. So far the only thing I can think of is Alex is school aged but she was dead so she doesn't count. What if people are not getting memories from Island time 3 years in the future, rather remembering the past. What if after the finale Jacob or MiB (which ever turns out to be the good guy) gives them a new life to live happily ever after. I think I started confusing myself.

Did we every see any thing with a date on it? License plate, paperwork or a phone perhaps?

I like this and I think it has some merit, because as we have seen time does not always move in the linear fashion we know it to in our reality. In LOST it very easily could be 2004 after it has been 2007. Remember for our Losties, 1977 came after 2004.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 11:14:44 PM »
There's Claire's sonogram with 10/22/04 on it, which was officially explained as her due date.

no it wasn't explained as her due date. it was explained to be a prop error that should have read 9/22/04

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 09:26:15 PM »
I thought about this and I don't see it as being relevant...because my theory is it's not real, so it doesnt really matter...