Author Topic: Sawyer lets handcuffed Kate escape at LAX  (Read 1826 times)

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Sawyer lets handcuffed Kate escape at LAX
« on: April 21, 2010, 01:18:25 PM »
I like how they tied that up and answered our question. Why did Sawyer, now a cop, let obvious jail-bird Kate escape in the airport elevator?  If he got involved in any way in capturing her, the police force would know he was in LAX.

Love it.  Unlike a lot of other answers we're being given lately, this one didn't feel forced.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:21:24 PM by zeekloveslost »

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Sawyer lets handcuffed Kate escape at LAX
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »
Yeah but it WAS in the same season it was introduced.....from all answers connected to previous seasoned I have yet to see one that is not forced somehow...except for the Ab Aeterno episode....or however it is spelled...honestly I am a bit disappointed...hoping the 4 last episodes would make up for the whole "yeah we have the ending" but it is obvious they are "make it up as we go".

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 01:36:46 PM »
See I disagree that they are making it up as they go along. Alot of these shows start out as short stories. The story may have made one HELL of a 6 episode miniseires in its original form. However they decided to go to Long Form and rightly so. Within the original short story TPTB elaborated and brought more in. All the things we love about the show, DHARMA, Flashbacks, Character developement, etc., formed within the original short story which was what we now know as the beginning and the end. Now they have brought so much depth to the show that they have to tie up all those things they introduced during the middle of the show. I fully believe the have always known how the show would end, but the journey they took us on has conflicts and issues that need to be resolved, and I think they are doing a fine job with those answers.   

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:34:51 PM »
I like how they tied that up and answered our question. Why did Sawyer, now a cop, let obvious jail-bird Kate escape in the airport elevator?  If he got involved in any way in capturing her, the police force would know he was in LAX.

Love it.  Unlike a lot of other answers we're being given lately, this one didn't feel forced.

But we already knew that when Miles asked swayer how palm springs was,

that told us that sawyer was in Australia while he was lying to everyone else so we knew he did not want it known he was in Australia,

I did like the answer regarding the handcuffs.