Author Topic: How did Jacob leave the island?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline sobrien

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
How did Jacob leave the island?
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:17:10 PM »
Clearly Jacob could not only see candidates, but at times left the island to contact/touch them.  Jacob being on the island is what trapped MIB there as well.  So, how was Jacob able to leave the island?  What did he use to travel?  How was he able to leave MIB unguarded?  Why cannot MIB just leave the same way?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: How did Jacob leave the island?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 09:10:56 PM »
I think that is going to be answered shortly.  MIB can't leave it appears without Jacob being dead.

Offline sobrien

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
I think that is going to be answered shortly.  MIB can't leave it appears without Jacob being dead.

There has to be more to it than just Jacob being dead.  Jacob is dead, but MIB still cannot leave.  He says he needs all the 815 candidates together to leave with him to allow him to leave.  That implied to me that MIB could not leave unless he left with Jacob (if he has all the candidates, he must have Jacob's successor even if they are not aware of being "Jacob.").  That assumption lead me to the original question - of Jacob was not on the island keeping MIB there - how is it that MIB is trapped?  It also leads to thinking that the MIB and Jacob are one to be false, because Jacob Keeps MIB on the island and Jacob has left - I presume without taking MIB with him.  I know, that is a lot of dominoes to stack.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38:12 PM »

There has to be more to it than just Jacob being dead.  Jacob is dead, but MIB still cannot leave.  He says he needs all the 815 candidates together to leave with him to allow him to leave.  That implied to me that MIB could not leave unless he left with Jacob (if he has all the candidates, he must have Jacob's successor even if they are not aware of being "Jacob.").  That assumption lead me to the original question - of Jacob was not on the island keeping MIB there - how is it that MIB is trapped?  It also leads to thinking that the MIB and Jacob are one to be false, because Jacob Keeps MIB on the island and Jacob has left - I presume without taking MIB with him.  I know, that is a lot of dominoes to stack.

Ab Aeterno spelled out MiB's intentions quite clearly. Jacob said if he dies someone will be there to take his place. MiB responded by saying that he will kill them too. There we have it. MiB is not trying to get on any plane with the Losties and share peanuts and those little Windmill cookies. He is going to try to kill them all. THAT is his only path to freedom.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 12:42:35 PM »

Ab Aeterno spelled out MiB's intentions quite clearly. Jacob said if he dies someone will be there to take his place. MiB responded by saying that he will kill them too. There we have it. MiB is not trying to get on any plane with the Losties and share peanuts and those little Windmill cookies. He is going to try to kill them all. THAT is his only path to freedom.

I am Jacob I loved the show last night with th pop ups it said so much and well interesting turn of events huh.  Yes of course he is trying to kill them all kind of a set up with something else I have seen that I won't mention but after all we all know MIB is the good guy and he hnever really wanted to kill Jacob an dhe never was Issabella or anything else.  Geesh! ;D  what was I thinking

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 08:24:34 PM »
omnipresence