Author Topic: Prediction: David's Mother  (Read 7390 times)

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Prediction: David's Mother
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 01:19:13 PM »
please no spoilers up here....just guesses-I want to be surprised please  ;)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
One thing that bothers me is that if it is Juliet (and I think it is), wouldn't Jack have remembered the island when he met her or kissed her for the first time like everyone else has been doing?  How is it that he doesn't remember knowing her?  I'm really enjoying these last shows but I think they are slapping everything together a little too quickly and being very sloppy about it and some things are just not going to make sense.

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 01:25:52 PM »
One thing that bothers me is that if it is Juliet (and I think it is), wouldn't Jack have remembered the island when he met her or kissed her for the first time like everyone else has been doing?  How is it that he doesn't remember knowing her?  I'm really enjoying these last shows but I think they are slapping everything together a little too quickly and being very sloppy about it and some things are just not going to make sense.
Well on-island Jack was not that intimate with Juliet from what I remember....I mean no "true love" thing.....

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 01:26:47 PM »
Yeah I think Juliet as the mother makes the most sense. She didn't work out with Jack, kind of like on the island, and will end up getting coffee with Sawyer.

Also, if someone makes a prediction in a thread, and you happen to have read something on a spoiler site at all that confirms the guess, PLEASE do not bring it up. THAT is a spoiler, a correct guess is not. Thank you.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 01:28:44 PM »
[/quote
Yeah I think this goes in to the "True Love" thing. Juliet and Jack were not meant to be together so they did not have that Spark

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 01:29:38 PM »
Well on-island Jack was not that intimate with Juliet from what I remember....I mean no "true love" thing.....

Sun wasn't intimate with Locke, but she remembered him.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 01:30:57 PM »

Touche. Unless HE is the one who tries, or succeeds, in killing them on the Island. That could be a pretty intimate experience, although on the Yang side of the spectrum.

Offline bastor

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »
Fear is quite the strong emotion ^^ And we still are not sure where she remembered him from.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 01:41:20 PM »
Although Love is obviously important, it is not necessarily what makes the Losties remember the other timeline. Des had a flash memory of Charlie's death when Charlie made the car go into the water.

Offline shadow

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 01:41:43 PM »
You just read the spoilers :P (about the whole David's Mother part)... :P I have no info on the coffee part

Nope ... no spoiler. Just kinda makes sense when you look at it as it was revealed in the episodes:

Sun gets shot - (3/4 eps back) Guess she and Jin are going to the hospital and run into Jack.
Locke gets run over - (2 eps back) Guess he's going to the same hospital.
Ben in ambulance (last ep) - He's probably in the waiting room at the hospital.
Sawyer / Miles - (last ep) Police are probably going to have to do some investigation at the hospital.
Jack / David - (last ep) End up at hospital.
David's Mom - (last ep, foreshadow) Will probably have to end up at hospital to pick up David.

Given the limited number of eps left, you have to assume that she is going to be someone we know. Juliet really is the only "holdout" in the ATL.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 01:54:43 PM »

Well, the same arguement can be made about Jin and Sun too. I think it might be exlained in that it is more mystical than mathematical. Perhaps they were only able to remember after Flight 815? I mean Jin and Sun certainly had an intimate moment since the flight, but we did see Jin gazing deep in thought that following morning, then Sun staring in the mirror, and now Sun remembering Locke. So, they may have started remembering too, just doing their normal keep-it-to-yourself routine.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 01:59:01 PM »

Well, the same arguement can be made about Jin and Sun too. I think it might be exlained in that it is more mystical than mathematical. Perhaps they were only able to remember after Flight 815? I mean Jin and Sun certainly had an intimate moment since the flight, but we did see Jin gazing deep in thought that following morning, then Sun staring in the mirror, and now Sun remembering Locke. So, they may have started remembering too, just doing their normal keep-it-to-yourself routine.

True. Sun's mirror look was weird. Not much motivation to bring out hallucinations if they are just that.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 02:02:09 PM »

Good point, I completely forgot that even Jin and Sun should have memories of each other from the island coming back to them!  I guess it isn't just a touch or a kiss, and it isn't necessary to have a near death experience, it just happens!  Like I said, a little sloppy, but I'm enjoying the ride.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 02:14:20 PM »

Good point, I completely forgot that even Jin and Sun should have memories of each other from the island coming back to them!  I guess it isn't just a touch or a kiss, and it isn't necessary to have a near death experience, it just happens!  Like I said, a little sloppy, but I'm enjoying the ride.

Yeah, I always liked physics more than quantum physics because it was alot cleaner. However, the whole side-verse thing fits pretty well in the trippy quantum physics world.

Another point about it maybe being Juliet...the past 2 weeks now, on the Island, we've seen Jack talking about his regret over Juliet. Perhaps the writers are invoking her name to keep her fresh in our minds for when she pops up out of nowhere.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 11:50:12 AM »
Perhaps they were only able to remember after Flight 815?

I agree.  Even though thinks in X were different before the flight.  The cusp point between O and X is definitely 815 flying over the Island and crashing.  So maybe the memory bleeds have only started after the point they passed over the Island.

Can't remember -- did Jack looking into the mirror on the plane happen before or after they showed us that the Island was actually under water?