Author Topic: sun recognised locke ?  (Read 2364 times)

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
sun recognised locke ?
« on: April 21, 2010, 03:37:45 AM »
sun screaming 'it's him'  when she saw locke looked like she recognized him as mib ...  any thoughts

Offline LibDip

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: sun recognised locke ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 06:33:27 AM »
i thought the same thing

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:52:36 AM »
I guess that is part of 'the near death experience' bringing the island timeline and alt timeline together in her conciousness. AKA like Desmond when he was in the water....

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:56:03 AM »
Locke did make a point to say his name was John, was that to reassure us that he is not the MiB?

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 08:20:32 AM »
no, it was simply to let Ben know his first name
nothing more complicated than that

but I REALLY liked when he said "I was supposed to marry .."
there was a lot of sadness in that
someone knows they're going to die and they see hope and happiness slipping away
it was a good line

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 08:23:44 AM »
someone knows they're going to die and they see hope and happiness slipping away
it was a good line

I saw that as his island memories comming through, he lost Helen because of his obsession with his father right? I kinda forget, it's been so long.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:58:03 AM »
it was a good line

I saw that as his island memories comming through, he lost Helen because of his obsession with his father right? I kinda forget, it's been so long.

I saw that as island memories coming through too--just like Sun's memories came to her when she saw Locke and  Desmond memories when he was in the water with Charlie.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 12:20:11 PM »
Yeah, the interesting thing to me is that, in 2004 X, she has having a memory (of Locke as MIB) bleed through that happened in 2007 O.  Wonder if there's one more time-jump that's yet to come (or are their consciousnesses going to flash into the moment on the plane on 9/22/04 X that corresponds to the plane crash)?  No evidence that any mirror gazing would have taken place before that moment even though lots of things were different in their X lives prior to that.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 01:07:52 PM »
it was a good line

I saw that as island memories coming through too--just like Sun's memories came to her when she saw Locke and  Desmond memories when he was in the water with Charlie.

Deffinitely along these lines, but I think that what she was freaking out about hasn't happened yet. I think that Locke is going to do some crazy murdering, and that is what Sun was so freaked about.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »

Deffinitely along these lines, but I think that what she was freaking out about hasn't happened yet. I think that Locke is going to do some crazy murdering, and that is what Sun was so freaked about.

I agree.  I don't think we have seen Locke do anything yet that should cause Sun to panic quite that much.  OK, so she ran away from him in the jungle and banged her head on a tree and suddenly couldn't speak English... but that shouldn't cause the panic we saw in the ER bay at the hospital.  It was way over the top.

I have been in the camp of thinking that MIB might not be as bad as we have been led to believe up to this point, but Sun's reaction to him at the ER is giving me pause, I must admit.  (And it's funny because from what I've been reading in other posts, a lot of people who originally thought MIB was evil are now starting to sway a bit the other way -- LOL.)

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 08:44:13 PM »
Madam P, I am in agreement. I have been an advocate that MiB is essentially the good guy (and Widmore :)) but this last episode has me thinking Im wrong. MiB (and Widmore) seem to have taken a step into the dark side, MiB seems very sinister right about now.
I cant quite put my finger on it but I get a very uneasy feeling towards MiB, the only saving grace is that maybe his beleif is that if he is sucessful all the people he killed will be alive and well in the LAX timeline - he killed them for a greater good and they all live happily ever after in his ideal world.
Widmore, who I have always thought was essentially the good guy seems to be doing his damnedest to be a real 'dick' as someone quite aptly put it.
But it puzzles me, as Jacob also seems to have done some nasty stuff too - all 3 cant be the bad guy can they?