Author Topic: When Jin and Sun were running to each other....  (Read 5879 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: When Jin and Sun were running to each other....
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »
I just watched it again at lunch, and if anyone is really concerned, you can deffinitely hear a powering down sound, so the fence totally got shut off.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »
I TOTALLY thought she was going to bite it right there.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 06:10:13 PM »
Not the emotional scene I was expeting their reunion to be. Was a let down after waiting so long for them to get reunited. Lost usually does emotional scenes better than that one.

I totally agree.
Rose and Bernard's reunion was more sweet than Sun/Jin.

And yes, I was worried about the fence too.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 06:14:48 PM »
This is so funny.  Apparently all of us were completely expecting them both to get fried when they met at the sonic-fence-line.   ;D

And I agree... weak on the emotional part.  And I didn't like that all of a sudden she could speak English again.  As Bob said, makes no sense.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »
This is so funny.  Apparently all of us were completely expecting them both to get fried when they met at the sonic-fence-line.   ;D

And I agree... weak on the emotional part.  And I didn't like that all of a sudden she could speak English again.  As Bob said, makes no sense.

I think the reason she could speak English again is because TRUE LOVE made this miracle happen.  Apparently that is the emotional part we were to embrace.

Man, I sound sooooo jaded.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 10:39:47 PM »
Flocke was just there...they have no clue what he was going to do...granted he left, but he could come back at any time...so lets just keep the sonic fence off...that was plain and simple dumb...

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 11:10:56 PM »
I think it would have been more emotional if they had been speaking Korean to each other during that scene, but they were trying too hard to let us know that Sun was able to speak English again so the scene wasn't quite right. 

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 12:53:27 AM »

I think the reason she could speak English again is because TRUE LOVE made this miracle happen. 

Without Miracle Max, even...   ;)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »

I think the reason she could speak English again is because TRUE LOVE made this miracle happen.  Apparently that is the emotional part we were to embrace.

I think the reason she can speak English again is because the writers got lazy, and didn't really have anything to write for her except for, "Have you seen my Husband?", and "I'm looking for my Husband, his name is Jin." So they figured, "Hey, let's just make her not talk for the next two episodes, and then after they get together, we can write some good stuff for Sun."

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 02:34:32 PM »

I think the reason she can speak English again is because the writers got lazy, and didn't really have anything to write for her except for, "Have you seen my Husband?", and "I'm looking for my Husband, his name is Jin." So they figured, "Hey, let's just make her not talk for the next two episodes, and then after they get together, we can write some good stuff for Sun."

They should'a had her start speaking an entirely different language all together. Like Polish. Now THAT would have been interesting.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 03:18:39 PM »

HAHAH. Dead on there Bob. I keep expecting them to realize that Sun really doesn't bring much to the table. At least they found a way to explain why she has been doing nothing lately.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 04:59:32 PM »
I actually like Sun, she sems like a wild card to me. You never really know what to expect from her, so I'm hoping that we find out that her and Jin were both selected by Jacob, and for whatever reason neither can die (until the island is done with them).

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 06:19:26 PM »
I actually like Sun, she sems like a wild card to me. You never really know what to expect from her, so I'm hoping that we find out that her and Jin were both selected by Jacob, and for whatever reason neither can die (until the island is done with them).

Yeah, that scene where she went off on Richard in Korean was probably some of the best acting we've seen in the whole show. I mean the rage was so intense I was almost getting uncomfortable. "This lady is freaking out".

Also, to the point of her suddenly speaking english again, perhaps her memory came back because...wait for it...Jin is her constant. eh?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »

Yeah, that scene where she went off on Richard in Korean was probably some of the best acting we've seen in the whole show. I mean the rage was so intense I was almost getting uncomfortable. "This lady is freaking out".

Also, to the point of her suddenly speaking english again, perhaps her memory came back because...wait for it...Jin is her constant. eh?

Why would she need a constant??

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 11:26:38 AM »

Why would she need a constant??

Because without Jin to 'constantly' keep an eye on her, she does things like lose her blouse and hit her head on trees!   ;D