Author Topic: So, is Jack dead and that's why he is now "with" MIB?  (Read 3697 times)

Offline jib22

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
So, is Jack dead and that's why he is now "with" MIB?
« on: April 21, 2010, 02:38:52 AM »
Having just watched this week's eppy, I was wondering if MIB is saying Jack is "with him" because he died in the explosion? This was an interesting episode, I'm just not sure exactly how it moved us forward. Sawyer offering Kate an apple was a nice twist. Anyway, I welcome your thoughts.

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: So, is Jack dead and that's why he is now "with" MIB?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:07:10 AM »
I'm gonna have to say no.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:14:53 AM »
My gut tells me no. He can't die the same way he couldn't die with the dynomite at the Black Rock. However, what happened to Jack on the beach was nearly identical to what happened to Claire in New Otherton before she disappeared, and I always suspected she really died in the blast. So if MIB brought Claire back from the dead, and Sayid back from the dead, perhaps he did the same with Jack?

Offline getting away to lost

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 08:15:03 AM »
If Jack is not dead then the question is "Why did MIB/Locke save Jack's life when he wants all the canidates dead?"

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 08:19:40 AM »
If Jack is not dead then the question is "Why did MIB/Locke save Jack's life when he wants all the canidates dead?"

That is my question too. It made me think perhaps MIB is not such a bad guy afterall.  ;) However MIB has said he needs all of them together so they can leave the island. So I am guessing perhaps that is why he saved Jack.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 08:36:44 AM »
He opened his eyes again like 2 seconds after he hit the ground so I don't think he's dead. And the whole being "with" MIB is kind of a loose term since Claire (and possibly Sayid too cause I think he lied to MIB about killing Desmond) have seemed to switch sides again. Also liked Hurley's line about bringing people back from the dark side.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:52:51 AM »
He opened his eyes again like 2 seconds after he hit the ground ...
but wasn't there a 2nd blast ?

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 09:24:13 AM »
He opened his eyes again like 2 seconds after he hit the ground ...
but wasn't there a 2nd blast ?

There was when MIB was carrying him. But it missed them completely.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 10:22:38 AM »

I don't think MIB wants them dead, I think he needs them together to leave.  Doesn't make him a good guy just yet though, although they are trying to hint that he may not be as bad as most of us thought.  I'm committed though to him being evil and I'm sticking with it, doesn't make sense to me how they can turn it around now.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 11:42:57 AM »
Having just watched this week's eppy, I was wondering if MIB is saying Jack is "with him" because he died in the explosion? This was an interesting episode, I'm just not sure exactly how it moved us forward. Sawyer offering Kate an apple was a nice twist. Anyway, I welcome your thoughts.

The explosion happened after Claire said he was wih MIB did it not?

It relates to the "don't let him speak to you"  not death

Offline sobrien

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 11:52:55 AM »

I don't think MIB wants them dead, I think he needs them together to leave.  Doesn't make him a good guy just yet though, although they are trying to hint that he may not be as bad as most of us thought.  I'm committed though to him being evil and I'm sticking with it, doesn't make sense to me how they can turn it around now.

I agree, the candidates must be together and alive to leave the island.  MIB is keeping them alive, collecting them for his purposes.  I expect that this will only hold true until one candidate "becomes" the "new Jacob," then all bets are off for MIB leaving the island.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 12:06:46 PM »

That is my question too. It made me think perhaps MIB is not such a bad guy afterall.  ;) However MIB has said he needs all of them together so they can leave the island. So I am guessing perhaps that is why he saved Jack.

I'm thinking MiB is playing "nice" only until he gets what he wants.  If, somehow, he ends up getting off the Island, or if it becomes clear to him he won't be able to, I think he'll drop the facade and there'll be no more Mr. Nice Guy.

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »

I agree, the candidates must be together and alive to leave the island.  MIB is keeping them alive, collecting them for his purposes.  I expect that this will only hold true until one candidate "becomes" the "new Jacob," then all bets are off for MIB leaving the island.

Agreed - kind of like they all needed to return to the island together, they all need to leave it together for everything to work in MIB favor. If at least one of the 6 candidates stays behind and possibly assumes the role of the new Jacob, MIB cannot leave. MIB cannot kill "Jacob" we know this. He has to have someone do it for him as with the 6 candidates I am guessing if he really wants them dead. I do think MIB has bad intentions once off the island.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 03:07:28 PM »

Because he doesn't want them dead. And he surely doesn't want Jack dead. He will take care of him now.
When Jack left the island he feeled that a part of him was missing. On the island that part is with him.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 01:21:45 PM »
My gut tells me no. He can't die the same way he couldn't die with the dynomite at the Black Rock.

I think the only reason he couldn't die at the Black Rock was because HE lit the fuse. I think all this means is you can't knowingly off yourself if you are a candidate. You can't willingly give up your nomination in other words.