Author Topic: MiB brought Sayid back to life?  (Read 6073 times)

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
MiB brought Sayid back to life?
« on: April 21, 2010, 02:22:55 AM »
Are you guys buying this?  It seems certainly to be what Zombified Sayid thinks, but did MiB really do it or did he just take credit for it?

Offline Xentro

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: MiB brought Sayid back to life?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:52:23 AM »
If so, why did Jacob sent him over there to be health ...

Offline conway

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
I found this statement odd as well. Since MIB was not inside the  Temple when Sayid "died" how could he have saved him?  Perhaps that lying MIB just told Sayid that.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:35:20 AM »
I think MIB is lying for sure,

But I'd stil rather be a lying MIB than a lying SOB.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 12:01:40 PM »
I think MIB is lying for sure,

But I'd stil rather be a lying MIB than a lying SOB.

Yes, but if SOB = Smoke Ogre in Black, then your choice is not nearly so clear cut! :)

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 01:04:46 PM »
I think we're running out of episodes for definitive statements like that to still be "that's what he thinks, but it's not really true".  For me, that was exposition that proved what was speculation and it won't be revisited.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
I found this statement odd as well. Since MIB was not inside the  Temple when Sayid "died" how could he have saved him?  Perhaps that lying MIB just told Sayid that.

Well, we have the mystery of the "murky water" in the Temple's spring.  Perhaps Smokey (or part of Smokey) was "dissolved" in the water or something -- inhabiting the water somehow -- and that's how Sayid was "saved."  (Of course, we have MIB's statement to Sawyer that he can't cross water, so there's that hurdle, but...)

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 09:01:55 PM »

Just made me think, would it be possible that MiB, upon Ben killing Jacob, used the form of Jacob to speak to Hurley?
We know he used other dead folk to do his bidding so why not Jacob?

I can answer my own question to a certain extent, that Ilana said he was stuck in John Locke's form now, but since when? The exact moment Jacob was killed, the moment he took on Locke's form, only Im not so sure, has he not appeared to Claire as Christian since then?

All I am thinking is that it seems strange Jacob told Hurley to take Sayid to the temple, he must have had an idea the spring was 'spiked' with evil. So maybe MiB appeared to Hurley as Jacob to take Sayid straight to his murky pool?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 09:14:28 PM »

Just made me think, would it be possible that MiB, upon Ben killing Jacob, used the form of Jacob to speak to Hurley?
We know he used other dead folk to do his bidding so why not Jacob?

I can answer my own question to a certain extent, that Ilana said he was stuck in John Locke's form now, but since when? The exact moment Jacob was killed, the moment he took on Locke's form, only Im not so sure, has he not appeared to Claire as Christian since then?

All I am thinking is that it seems strange Jacob told Hurley to take Sayid to the temple, he must have had an idea the spring was 'spiked' with evil. So maybe MiB appeared to Hurley as Jacob to take Sayid straight to his murky pool?

No Jacob was Jacob and perhaps at the time that Sayid was dying whatever "darkness" was not inside of Sayid.  I can't believe that MIB has the ability to bring people back to life - perhaps they will get this answer to us before the show ends.

Okay we are still on for lunch right?

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 09:34:21 PM »
I never took on board before the idea that MiB and Jacob were the same entity, I think the word 'trinity' has been mentioned, along with the Island, MiB and Jacob, all one and the same, make up the trinity, but now I am swaying to that idea, its seems to make as much sense as anything else I can think of right now.

Which could make even more sense if we had Jacob and MiB, accompanied by Widmore representing the Island and all its powers.

Regarding lunch, aye we are still on work permitting, Im in the Saturday night but should be OK to meet up the Sunday - keep me posted on your movements and have a safe journey over here  :)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 08:29:41 PM »
I was re-watching "Dead is Dead" last night, and I noticed that when Ben "flushed the toilet" to summon Smokey, the water was all murky-looking just like the spring water in the Temple.  So, I don't know what that means, but for what it's worth...  seems like something about Smokey being around makes the water go murky.  So I'm thinking Smokey actually was "in" the Temple (in some sense) when Sayid was re-animated.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 08:58:57 PM »
I'm still not buying it that Sayid was fully dead...he was only partially dead...
Ok he wasn't dead at all...I think it's just somethign to throw us off...dead is dead...there is no coming back....they fooled us once with Locke.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 10:16:26 AM »
I can go along with that.  He was only mostly dead -- if Smokey did anything, it was a miraculous healing rather than bringing him back to life.  Smokey didn't bring Locke back -- Locke is dead.  He's just using his image.  But Sayid is obviously there, so he probably wasn't really dead all the way so much.   ;)

Offline terry700

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 09:03:03 PM »
I think Jacob has inhabited Sayid's body, just like MIB did with Locke's.  Just like MIB, he needed a dead body to inhabit.

Sayid hasn't done anything evil; he is just acting standoffish, watching & observing?

The fact that he didn't help Kate?  Maybe he's not allowed to interfere.

Who's to say Jacob isn't "murky" when he is not in a body, just like MIB - hence the murky water.  Just because the temple guy said he was "infected" maybe it doesn't mean evil.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 03:04:37 AM »
I'm still not buying it that Sayid was fully dead...he was only partially dead...

"He's not dead, he's just resting!"