Author Topic: Sayid and Desmond  (Read 4934 times)

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Sayid and Desmond
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 02:02:34 PM »
I'm just going to bring up the fact again that we don't know his deal with MIB is for Nadia. He has only said it was someone he loved and lost and that she "died in my arms."  I'll also point out that Shannon died in his arms and he totally had a thing for her.  Of course, Nadia is a much better story, but he has not said Nadia's name in relation to his deal with MIB even once.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 02:04:28 PM »
I'm just going to bring up the fact again that we don't know his deal with MIB is for Nadia. He has only said it was someone he loved and lost and that she "died in my arms."  I'll also point out that Shannon died in his arms and he totally had a thing for her.  Of course, Nadia is a much better story, but he has not said Nadia's name in relation to his deal with MIB even once.

I noticed that too and since Nadia is with his brother it would make sense if they were to be together in the alt world. However, two problems--sayid has been arrested and Shannon (according to Boone) is in Australia and doing well..... I would like to see them get back together though.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 02:05:53 PM »

I gotta go with Nadia though.  She was the one whose photograph he carried with him everywhere...the one he pined for more than anyone, risked everything for her and finally reunited with her, only to lose her again.  She's even in his sideflash...  She was THE ONE.

Speaking of Shannon, I wonder if she is ever going to come back? Somehow, I just don't see it.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2010, 02:11:56 PM »
It would be funny, though, if MIB wins with Sayid at his side and then the bushes rustle and out walks Shannon bitching about something petty.  Picture Sayid turning to look at Flocke and Flocke saying something like, "Surprise!"   :D

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 02:14:05 PM »
I think Hurley's line about people being brought back from the dark side was key.

Who's Anakin?

btw, we've already seen that Sayid's deal was to be with Nadia again.  Everything the Temptees wish for is present in the sideways flashes.  That's why they're being shown.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »
It would be funny, though, if MIB wins with Sayid at his side and then the bushes rustle and out walks Shannon bitching about something petty.  Picture Sayid turning to look at Flocke and Flocke saying something like, "Surprise!"   :D

Okay that reminds me of BeDazzled.  The Devil granting wishes to Stanley (1967 version) and the wishes going awry because Stanley wasn't specific enough in his wishes.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 11:42:08 AM »
I think Hurley's line about people being brought back from the dark side was key.

Who's Anakin?

Seriously??

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »

Who's Anakin?

Seriously??

Down Bob, down, I think Creflo was just quoting Sawyer when he asked Hurley "Who the hell is Anakin?"  I mean EVERYONE knows who Anakin is, right?  Now who's this 'Obama' guy everyone is talkin' about?   ;D ;)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »

I gotta go with Nadia though.  She was the one whose photograph he carried with him everywhere...the one he pined for more than anyone, risked everything for her and finally reunited with her, only to lose her again.  She's even in his sideflash...  She was THE ONE.

Speaking of Shannon, I wonder if she is ever going to come back? Somehow, I just don't see it.

You know I always THOUGHT it was going to be Nadia. Now I am more thinking it is Shannon. Somehow she'll show up I think . We KNOW she like bad guys so maybe she gets in a sticky situationa and Sayid has to rescue her.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 06:32:33 PM »
I'll be disappointed by that.  Can't compare a woman he risked his life and career saving with an easy lay o n the island.  I don't think there's enough time in the episodes to get to that, if it were to be the case.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 11:34:25 AM »
I'll be disappointed by that.  Can't compare a woman he risked his life and career saving with an easy lay o n the island.  I don't think there's enough time in the episodes to get to that, if it were to be the case.

I sorta thought that too, but the fact that Sayid never specifically mentioned the person by name just cries out "Warning!  Mystery here!"   Like how nobody ever says MIB's name, and nobody ever says Jack's ex-wife/David's mom's name.  They're being kept quiet for a reason, I would assume.  It makes me think it might be Shannon rather than Nadia.  And I believe I read somewhere that we will see Shannon again at some point this season, although apparently all of them are supposed to be in the finale, right?  Maybe it'll be like Anakin and Obi-Wan and Yoda, waving from the Great Beyond.  (Which I could never figure out why Qui-Gonn wasn't in on that, but hey...)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 05:17:43 PM »
I always wondered about Qui-Gonn too.  He thinks he's too cool for school, maybe?  On that note, I think they should've filmed an actual scene with ghost Qui-Gonn explaining that ability instead of just some offhand remark about it.  Showing is better than telling!

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 12:23:13 PM »

All they would really need to do is have Sayid stumble across her sometime in the SideFlash. It could be pretty quick, then they get the flash from the island.

Offline AlbertD

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 05:24:57 PM »
Sayid appeared to be looking up in the trees for something. A rope most likely. Then MiB appeared and Sayid went into zombie mode again.

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 08:07:51 AM »
Sayid appeared to be looking up in the trees for something. A rope most likely. Then MiB appeared and Sayid went into zombie mode again.

I was just about to post the same thing.  That he was looking up in the trees for a vine to cut to get Desmond out of the well.  Also we sort of know he didn't kill Desmond because that wouldn't make sense.  For the writers to name an episode "The Package" and then kill the package just doesn't seem to fly.  He's too important to the storyline to kill off now. 

Can MIB kill anyone if he's not the smoke monster?  As of yet I we haven't seen him do that.  Because if he really wanted Desmond dead he could have done it himself, but maybe as MIB he can't (so he threw him in a well to remove him from the game) and has to manipulate people into doing that part for him.