Author Topic: Sayid and Desmond  (Read 4903 times)

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Sayid and Desmond
« on: April 21, 2010, 01:04:58 AM »
So I don't think that Sayid killed Desmond, even though I find it weird if you watch lasts weeks preview for this week it shows the gun going off, but that didn't happen in the episode!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Sayid and Desmond
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:14:55 AM »
I never trust the promos.  And I'm sure he didn't kill him either.  Which means that maybe Sayid has a sliver of humanity left?  Or maybe Desmond will climb out of the well alive but with a bullet hole in his head.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 01:32:16 AM »
well the gun going off in the previews was kind of a bad job, cause right when it happened you saw a weird flash come from the gun- it was a cheesy gunfire flash kind of thing, so i assumed it wasn't real

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 02:21:51 AM »
Was it just me, or did Sayid seem a little less zombietastic when he encountered Locke afterwards???

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 03:00:09 AM »
Was it just me, or did Sayid seem a little less zombietastic when he encountered Locke afterwards???
Yeah, he seemed to have some of his human-ness back this week.

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 04:09:51 AM »
Yeah, he seemed to have some of his human-ness back this week.

3 yrs claire has been with mib and she was talked into trusting losties then why not sayid ...real sayid was a human lie detector it still seems odd he could not see thru mib

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 06:25:15 AM »
Maybe that's because MIB is not lying?

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 08:44:03 AM »
So I don't think that Sayid killed Desmond, even though I find it weird if you watch lasts weeks preview for this week it shows the gun going off, but that didn't happen in the episode!

You should have seen the Survivor promo from years ago. It talked about the untihnkable happening showed an alligator then showed splashingand flailing in the water followed by a medic helicopter being loaded. We all thought that someone got attacked by said alligator. After a week of waiting turns out a guy blowing into the fire got dizzy fell in and got burned pretty bad, he then ran into the water and was the one splashing and flailing.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 09:15:30 AM »
I think Hurley's line about people being brought back from the dark side was key. Then Claire switches sides. Sayid is definitely coming back to us. And I really don't think he killed Desmond.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 09:48:40 AM »
I think Hurley's line about people being brought back from the dark side was key. Then Claire switches sides. Sayid is definitely coming back to us. And I really don't think he killed Desmond.

yes, I completely agree. Hurley's words of wisdom! There is no way Sayid killed Desmond so that means some humanity has seeped back into Sayid! Claire seems to be coming back as well. I think in the end all of our Losties will be together as a team. The story will then have come full circle

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 10:25:28 AM »

Ha!  Zombietastic!!!   :D :D :D

Offline Lost In NH

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 10:38:32 AM »

I wondered the same thing.  Unless, what we saw in that preview covered more than this weeks epi.  Maybe "Zomb-yid", after talking to UnLocke, goes back to the well and fires the gun?  Perhaps we'll see that in the next epi. 

I also wondered since that well is in a place with weird magnatism (UnLocke said compas's spin there) maybe the gun won't shoot straight and the bullet misses Desmond?  I dont' know, but if we do see that gun fire, next episode, I can't imagine them killing Desmond.  He's too important.

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 12:29:59 PM »

You should have seen the Survivor promo from years ago. It talked about the untihnkable happening showed an alligator then showed splashingand flailing in the water followed by a medic helicopter being loaded. We all thought that someone got attacked by said alligator. After a week of waiting turns out a guy blowing into the fire got dizzy fell in and got burned pretty bad, he then ran into the water and was the one splashing and flailing.

I REMEMBER THAT!  It was crazy!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
Somethings in TV are always going to be predictable, and since Desmond is obviously important to all of this, then I think it is safe to assume that Sayid didn't kill him. He probably knew that Locke would believe/trust/know that Sayid would follow his order, and after talking to Des, he realized that Nadia would not want Sayid to kill for her.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 01:58:24 PM »
Kind of off the subject...but during the conversation with Desmond and Sayid, all I kept thinking about was that Stephen King movie, Pet Semetary.   Like when you bring them back, it's not really them.  It's something else. I kept thinking, what the heck is Sayid thinking? But then, if it's really not Sayid anymore, then why would he want Nadia back? So I do believe the love for Nadia might be what's bringing Sayid's soul back and making him more himself again?  Oh I don't know.  ::)